Samsung Galaxy tab s2 for phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
I just purchased the tab s2 and it is amazing with the Dji go app the video stream is clear and no glitching. Thought I'd share share this with everyone. I recommend the 8" size it fits in the dji sun shade well.

I just bought a s2 today for that reason. Tab s seem to lag on the video but hearing good reports on the tab s2. It runs on the same processor as my note 4, and my note 4 has no lag while using dji go. So it should be the same expect a bigger screen as I got the 9.7 one instead

Reactions: scootrkitz
Funny. My S2 9.7 arrived today. Just before i was leaving for work. Read a lot of good things on it, from all over. Cant wait to get home!!

So guys, those that have the Tab S or the S2, to get the tablet to work without that annoying lag, do you still have to uninstall Google services updates and disable Google services when using the DJI GO app?

I did not have to uninstall or change anything. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB LTE - I love this with my P3P. Fits well in the device holder (only 2-3 clicks to lock), screen is bright and works well in Florida sunshine. No lag, no crashes. I have my Tab S2 semi-dedicated to my P3P, so I have only loaded a few extras on it - I also have not done anything special to disable any of the stock software that came on it, but I have zero performance problems with my P3P. I run DJI Go and Litchi, and upload my flight logs to Healthy Drones. I agree with the person who said they use their Note 5. I use mine sometimes (with everything else installed) and it works fine, but I prefer the big screen on my Tab S2 9.7. I considered getting an 8 inch tablet at one point but realized it was barely larger than my Note 5.

Same with S2 9.7" (wifi model). Loaded with all my other apps. Doesn't even need to set whatever that USB debugging mode on. Runs DJI GO smoothly.
Tab S may have slightly higher screen resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio for watching movies, and Tab S2 has 4:3 aspect ratio more like iPad. The S2 has newer and more powerful CPU for smoother operation.

I have no problems with using a S2 9.7". It fits in the holder with 2 clicks. I also bought a sun shield made for an ipad air 2 that works. I did have to cut it for the plug though. The only downside is there are not a lot of accessories for it.

I have the Galaxy Tab S2 8" and haven't been able to make it connect to my radio control. I have installed the latest firmware updates on both the remote control and on the Phantom 3 proffesional, reinstalled the DJU Go software, activated the USB debugging and nothing it just does not connect. Any one else is having the same problem?

Last edited:
Probably not, but try a different USB cable to make sure. Also, in settings-applications-default applications, make sure there is nothing set there that uses the usb. I had zero problems with the upgrades and my S2.

Just got a galaxy S2 8" screen. A great picture ,but I do get lag on my camera, about 1sec, when watching in fpv. v tech told me they didn't have problems with that monitor, and highly recommended it. I have upgraded my whole system to the latest firmware and still have the problem.

V tech has no answers at the moment. How about anyone else? No problems with connection for me, at this time.

Last edited:
I have the Tab S2 with the 9.7 screen and it fits the controller perfect and has no video lag at all. I disabled several programs that I would never use. Google was not one of them, and I added programs that I use with no negative results. When I fly with Litchi I set the FPV screen to 8 mbs and the GO program seems to default to 6mbs. I have no Lag at all, even when I set Litchi to 10mbs. But I cannot tell the difference between 8 & 10. I did change to the metal holder from the plastic to remove any wobble at all.

I have the Tab S2 with the 9.7 screen and it fits the controller perfect and has no video lag at all. I disabled several programs that I would never use. Google was not one of them, and I added programs that I use with no negative results. When I fly with Litchi I set the FPV screen to 8 mbs and the GO program seems to default to 6mbs. I have no Lag at all, even when I set Litchi to 10mbs. But I cannot tell the difference between 8 & 10. I did change to the metal holder from the plastic to remove any wobble at all.
I must have some thing set up wrong, although I can't figure out what . Its almost like it stops videoing and then starts later, very jerky at some points.
when I waslanding it seemed smooth and then all of a sudden jerky.
And when I was copying to another card I accidently erased the video. AAAAHHHH!

I'm lagging on both Litchi and Go. It seems to increase when flying and recording. Was set on 8Mbs..

Going to try and watch the monitor more closely next time to see how bad it looks there.
I was too busy watching the drone last time to watch the monitor. From everything I've read S2 works for almost everyone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen