Rth

Can you turn the transmitter off to trigger Rth? I'm a newby..

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, I've done that just to test if RTH would work when signal was lost. Now a days going so far out as I do, I test that in reality.

Yes, I've done that just to test if RTH would work when signal was lost. Now a days going so far out as I do, I test that in reality.

Just to clarify. I think zorro54 was asking this question and referring to when the phantom switches to Atti mode. Therefore loosing its gps signals.

Just a comment here: if you get "multiple warnings of strong magnetic interference", the last thing you should do is to engage RTH, which is a fully-automated flight mode that needs GPS (position) and compass (yaw) to work.
In these situations, you can try to remain in P-Mode and bring the AC back, or - if things get really bad - switch to A-Mode and fly manually. If you don't have experience flying in ATTI mode, just practice when you're not in an emergency situation... ready to switch back to P-Mode if things get out of control.

PS: you need to enable Multiple Flight Modes in the DJI GO app, for A-Mode (and F-Mode) to be available via S1 switch.

Thanks for the input, will familiarize myself with those multiple flight modes. Always learn something new here - love this forum!

There is a misconception evident - that RTH is totally autonomous and you just stand and watch.

Yes you can - but you can also affect the flight path by moving sticks while still on RTH.
I often move sticks to alter height etc. during RTH

Nigel

There is a misconception evident - that RTH is totally autonomous and you just stand and watch.

Yes you can - but you can also affect the flight path by moving sticks while still on RTH.

Nigel

YEP :), In my 1st few flights I was positioning my bird where I wanted it when it was getting nearer me on RTH,, even more so when it starts to land.

Hi Nigel, I don't want to pick on your posts, but I actually think RTH is indeed a totally autonomous flight mode! If RTH is engaged (either manually or automatically by signal loss), the AC will pilot itself back to the Home Point and land, relying solely on its instruments. The fact that you could alter its course - assuming you still have control - does not change the fact that in case of GPS or compass failure, RTH will not work. In those situations, it's ATTI (ie "manual").
Anyways, semantics aside, I think the OP's question has been answered and covered from every angle, which is what matters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe