RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Thank You and will watch this now !! :)
OK... I got that done and see the camera isn't gonna be center with the bird but is balanced like in that .
Now.. if I understand that right I would just put my lens kit and glass back on camera and slide it back till it stayed in place when you move it . Am I seeing that correctly ??

OK... I got that done and see the camera isn't gonna be center with the bird but is balanced like in that .
Now.. if I understand that right I would just put my lens kit and glass back on camera and slide it back till it stayed in place when you move it . Am I seeing that correctly ??
Yes....with the filter on the RP should be neutrally balanced.....meaning it will stay wherever you turn it to....right to left, and back to front.

Yes....with the filter on the RP should be neutrally balanced.....meaning it will stay wherever you turn it to....right to left, and back to front.
When I get it back it's so far back I have a hard time keeping the wires from touching and it shaking !It does when I shut it down seem to want to just point down .
I will have to just mess with it more when I have time but making those adjustments on the side is a ***** !! :eek: I will learn this thing ! I will learn this thing ! I will learn this thing etc......... ;)
Thanks for your help !!! :)

HELP!!! (please)

I got a new RotorPixel gimbal back in January, installed gimbal, rocked it by hand, gimbal worked great. Took it out for first actual flight, had it in the air for less than 10 seconds and it crashed into a small bush upon take off due to a very strong wind. It was only at 5 feet off the ground. After that, gimbal would not work. Nothing came unplugged, no visible damage to gimbal or control board, or wires, or Phantom. Phantom took off again and flew fine after that, no problem. Gimbal just laying there doing nothing.

Then back and forth with Keri at RotorPixel for help diagnosing this problem, he wanted me to run some software diagnostics on a pc (I only have Mac), so easiest solution seemed to be order a new controller board (his suggestion).

I received the replacement control board about two weeks ago.

I just now installed it today, powered up the Phantom, and the gimbal just lays there like a dead fish. It's as if the motors are not even getting power.

I am well over $500 into this gimbal thing and so far no joy. VERY frustrating!

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

Mark

HELP!!! (please)

I got a new RotorPixel gimbal back in January, installed gimbal, rocked it by hand, gimbal worked great. Took it out for first actual flight, had it in the air for less than 10 seconds and it crashed into a small bush upon take off due to a very strong wind. It was only at 5 feet off the ground. After that, gimbal would not work. Nothing came unplugged, no visible damage to gimbal or control board, or wires, or Phantom. Phantom took off again and flew fine after that, no problem. Gimbal just laying there doing nothing.

Then back and forth with Keri at RotorPixel for help diagnosing this problem, he wanted me to run some software diagnostics on a pc (I only have Mac), so easiest solution seemed to be order a new controller board (his suggestion).

I received the replacement control board about two weeks ago.

I just now installed it today, powered up the Phantom, and the gimbal just lays there like a dead fish. It's as if the motors are not even getting power.

I am well over $500 into this gimbal thing and so far no joy. VERY frustrating!

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

Mark
When powered up are any lights emitting from the back of the control board ie, green or red? Do you have a new transmitter?

Hate to jump in in the middle of this but all is fine now but wonder about this . I have my settings at 1000/-500/-500
and all seems good with these but I noticed that I am not straight down as in the picture . Is this as far as I should get
or do I need to change something else ? Thanks :)
straight down.jpg

Hate to jump in in the middle of this but all is fine now but wonder about this . I have my settings at 1000/-500/-500
and all seems good with these but I noticed that I am not straight down as in the picture . Is this as far as I should get
or do I need to change something else ? Thanks :)
View attachment 17721
That seems to be where about mine sits

That seems to be where about mine sits
OK ...Then both of ours is off :eek: It is not straight down as I took mine up and centered over a spot and slowly yawed around and in the video you can see it's not . That might be as far down as it goes but it is not straight down and hoped someone that has had one for awhile would say if it is just that way or if I have something set wrong .
As far as where does it set when I shut it off I just took this picture to show you mine . That's where it was when I did power it off . never moved but a tiny bit. If yours does look at the clip Skip posted for me a page back post 340 and that helped me !
T morning.jpg
It just rolled a little and there's a post ether here or in the other RPG thread to a link on doing a calibration that helps .I printed it off and not hard to do . :)

Reactions: Fplvert
That looks great Dirk!

If memory serves, there is a gimbal advanced tab in the assistant that you can adjust to get the camera to point straight down.

With the DE gimbal it was -5 on the low calibration setting and gain of 600.

Reactions: dirkclod
That looks great Dirk!

If memory serves, there is a gimbal advanced tab in the assistant that you can adjust to get the camera to point straight down.

Thanks dawg :) Am getting ready to go into assistant now and will check that out !!!
goat teeth.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
That looks great Dirk!

Dawg this is what I have mine set at right now .Not sure which ones you are talking about ? If I put 600 in the MIN spot the camera points up higher and I get props in the picture more and not sure were to put -5
gomer.jpg

gimbal settings.JPG

The pitch settings is what I messed with to get the DE to point straight down. Try max 600 and mid 0 and min -5.

The pitch settings is what I messed with to get the DE to point straight down. Try max 600 and mid 0 and min -5.
Nope..won't write em like that . And if I add the 0's it just says invalid values when I try to write them .
It's really not that far off but it is not straight down . Might just gonna be like that . :confused:

:(
Sorry.

Maybe mid was 200? Keep playing there, you'll get it right!:)

OK ...Then both of ours is off :eek: It is not straight down as I took mine up and centered over a spot and slowly yawed around and in the video you can see it's not . That might be as far down as it goes but it is not straight down and hoped someone that has had one for awhile would say if it is just that way or if I have something set wrong .
As far as where does it set when I shut it off I just took this picture to show you mine . That's where it was when I did power it off . never moved but a tiny bit. If yours does look at the clip Skip posted for me a page back post 340 and that helped me !
View attachment 17736 It just rolled a little and there's a post ether here or in the other RPG thread to a link on doing a calibration that helps .I printed it off and not hard to do . :)
okay so your gimbal when you shut the copter off kind of levels it self out like in the picture, mine when I shut it off it turns to one side, but it does level itself out when I turn it on, it only goes to the side when I shut the copter off was just wondering if this is normal or its supposed to level it self when you shut it off

okay so your gimbal when you shut the copter off kind of levels it self out like in the picture, mine when I shut it off it turns to one side, but it does level itself out when I turn it on, it only goes to the side when I shut the copter off was just wondering if this is normal or its supposed to level it self when you shut it off
When I got this at first it did that then I did the balance thing like in that video and now what you see is how it is .
Normal ? I don't know but if it goes level when you start it up it should be fine . I am still messing with mine and between the both of us trying we should get by with some help from our friends :) Help from our friends ..get it ? The Beatles :D
boy.jpg
Ya Got Em Good.gif

this is the way mine sits when I shut the copter off does it just need adjusting
Ya need to balance it looks like to me and if ya take the cover off I bet it would be higher when ya shut it down . If ya do watch the vedio and do the balance thing do it with out the cover on .
After I did that to mine and then recalibrated it ...it does ok :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT