Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I have a suspicion that's because he's been getting his hands dirty on the production line and getting things to a point where he can give concrete answers on the expected lead times now the QC issue is sorted, rather than preparing to leave the country with all the pre-order money changed into East Caribbean Dollars and packed into the last two Duratool flight cases available world-wide... ;)

Pull_Up said:
I have a suspicion that's because he's been getting his hands dirty on the production line and getting things to a point where he can give concrete answers on the expected lead times now the QC issue is sorted, rather than preparing to leave the country with all the pre-order money changed into East Caribbean Dollars and packed into the last two Duratool flight cases available world-wide... ;)

Ahh thats why you have been buying copius quantities of suntan lotion eh ??? Dont think we wont spot the fact your next video will have some cane table with a palm tree fluttering in the background and the sound of steel drums lol

:lol:

Venom93corba said:
iDrone I think what's pissing everybody off is its like Keri has dropped off the face of the earth. His projections were way off and he ran into unforseen problems . So if anything that requires more of an update to let people know what's going on. He's not responding to anything. Which is just making people more nervous.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)
Agreed. If you've ever backed a KickStarter or two, you know updates quell the masses effortlessly & the more forthright the 411 the warmer & more understanding the explanations are welcomed.

Some KickStarter's go over 365 days before ship-out, but when honest monthly updates are provided most backers remain calm & supportive. That's why it seems ridiculous to me that folks expect RotorPixel go from zero to sixty in under 2.5 months on a product that didn't even have the benefit of pre-development as all KickStarter's do.

But as an engineer I'm impressed with the RotorPixel design and quality of materials. My only worry was the printed bracket, but Keri elected to purchase industrial 3D printers for that task which is the most reliable way to go even though it takes a lot of design/print/revise to get things right & to balance the weight trade off. Motors is another concern but I think he's got that deeply covered based on reading about his original work with previous gimbals.

I think these are going to be very rugged & very reliable. The initial potential short circuit was caught early-on and already corrected, the PCB is off-the-shelf so I expect no issues with it, same for the software that drives it. Besides, who else makes a 2D/3D gimbal that can swap between Vision Cam & GoPro or be restored 1G stock so easily?

C'mon guys, post some more vids for us to drool over! I double-dog dare anyone to try what Colin did on 60 Minutes!!

Here... Something along the lines of this vid, introduced by OI Photography & shot by Gizmo3000 w/an ARRIS:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIWpKcf7mcQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIWpKcf7mcQ

iDrone :D

Over on FB there was a reply last night to a poster -> https://www.facebook.com/rotorpixel/pos ... 2484004655

Nicholas R to ROTORPIXEL - Yesterday at 8:28am ·
Is anyone else extremely PISSED and Angry by the lack of silence from Rotorpixel? Their last update was on March 10th and we have heard nothing since then. My order is in the 380's. I have even offered to pay an expedite fee to get the thing shipped sooner and have had zero response. Missing taking this on a second vacation now and very angry!
Like ·

ROTORPIXEL REPLY - We're very sorry for the delay, but we've been working extremely hard trying to overcome certain manufacturing/quality control hurdles. We could have very easily sent out hundreds of orders by now if we didn't care about quality, but we're taking extra steps to make sure that every unit is perfect.

We do not accept "expedite fees" to bump your spot in the order queue - we have to be fair to everyone.

Your order is going to ship out very shortly (hopefully before the end of the week).
Unlike · Reply · 2 · 19 hours ago

Nicholas R REPLY - Fair enough, appreciate the response and I totally understand. Just not seeing any update on the site or FB can hurt. People love being kept up to date, even if it might be news that's not so great.

Pat B to ROTORPIXEL I think you could avoid a lot of bad PR by at least giving an update or two every week. This is the first reply I noticed in as Nick has indicated. Even an update saying we are stalled in production and or what you are doing would go a long way. I am number #822

'We could have very easily sent out hundreds of orders by now if we didn't care about quality'

So.. This means alot of people will get a gimbal this month? :)

iDrone said:
C'mon guys, post some more vids for us to drool over! I double-dog dare anyone to try what Colin did on 60 Minutes!!

iDrone :D

Weather - unsuitable;
Youngest child - immobile;
Dog - horribly flatulent;
Alcohol situation - critical; too many kitchen table vids;
Gimbal - shiny.

Weather for the weekend looks promising. If I can get a pass out for good behaviour I will try and take the gimbal to somewhere worthy.

iDrone said:
Have those of you who urgently want ETA's made any attempts to write, email, or call RotorPixel or Keri with your invoice# and asked for it? Or is it not that important or worth bothering with? Are you afraid if you ask or complain they'll penalize your ETA? I suppose it's easier to sit behind a screen name to *****, belittle and otherwise bully & embarrass them into responding rather than deal with them directly. You're right, it def gets their attention. It worked with DJI, right?

It's just a shame it had to takeover what was once an informative thread and burn it to the ground to turn it into a complaint thread. I used to look forward to getting thread alerts from Geert's (OP) thread and learn more about the RotorPixel with each new post. Now they're are more wet-blanket/broken record alerts than any posts of use or value. It would be great if those of you who got them could post some more videos.

So contacting RotorPixel directly, anyone? I know some of you have had success cuz you've posted what they've said. No worries, I'm sure Keri will be along as soon as he stows his flippers and address all your latest upsets & concerns (same as your last round of upsets & concerns, yes?) But I'd say its safe to say belittling the man doesn't exactly send the right signal or roll out the welcome mat to encourage him back, no?

iDrone

Hey bud, you have mentioned this many times. Yes, we would all love for this thread to be about advice and cool videos.

Hard to do when less than a handful have the **** gimbal.

So until more people get their hands on the gimbal, expect more bitching.

ITSAPHANTOM said:
iDrone said:
Have those of you who urgently want ETA's made any attempts to write, email, or call RotorPixel or Keri with your invoice# and asked for it? Or is it not that important or worth bothering with? Are you afraid if you ask or complain they'll penalize your ETA? I suppose it's easier to sit behind a screen name to *****, belittle and otherwise bully & embarrass them into responding rather than deal with them directly. You're right, it def gets their attention. It worked with DJI, right?

It's just a shame it had to takeover what was once an informative thread and burn it to the ground to turn it into a complaint thread. I used to look forward to getting thread alerts from Geert's (OP) thread and learn more about the RotorPixel with each new post. Now they're are more wet-blanket/broken record alerts than any posts of use or value. It would be great if those of you who got them could post some more videos.

So contacting RotorPixel directly, anyone? I know some of you have had success cuz you've posted what they've said. No worries, I'm sure Keri will be along as soon as he stows his flippers and address all your latest upsets & concerns (same as your last round of upsets & concerns, yes?) But I'd say its safe to say belittling the man doesn't exactly send the right signal or roll out the welcome mat to encourage him back, no?

iDrone

Hey bud, you have mentioned this many times. Yes, we would all love for this thread to be about advice and cool videos.

Hard to do when less than a handful have the **** gimbal.

So until more people get their hands on the gimbal, expect more bitching.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cancelled my order weeks ago and only read this thread for entertainment now. its got that good my wife as even started reading it, its better then any TV soap

Keri has returned and is overseeing the process...I'm happy, everything is fine, we've had an update.

Until This happened ! :lol:

s0w0.jpg

The Rookie :cool:

iDrone said:

iDrone

Truly, in all due respect iDrone ....

I'd find it quite disturbing if I had to call or write Credit Suisse to ask why an IPO portfolio transaction had not been executed.
As there may have been completely valid reasons for it, including 2nd thoughts about the anticipated return investment, my expectation is they will keep me "in the loop".
For me, it's a simple matter of taking some personal responsibility for managing my investments.
But I cannot do that without a little information.

Pull_Up said:

I suspect you are right Pull_Up.
But I find it reasonable to expect that the "CEO" would issue periodic updates .... however brief.

We're big boys and girls, and can handle good and bad news.

XCcoach said:
wp6529 said:
It was 100 units in the first production run - I didn't read anywhere that the first run was only going to take a week to complete. Something along the lines of "we have the parts for the first batch of 100 units now and will begin production". Now some 6 weeks later 64 units have shipped, some 2/3 of that first batch and there is a small delay due to a QC issue that appeared and is being dealt with. I would expect we will see additional units ship by the end of the week, and hopefully a higher production the following week. I'm looking forward to receiving my shipping notice in the next week or two.

Just to be clear, #346 was the first gimbal confirmed shipped to a member of this forum. Keri did mention that "10 lucky individuals" received gimbals before this (though no one on this forum).

It was never said that orders began at 300. It's likely that 34 gimbals have been shipped, at most.

One of the posts from Keri in the past week or two in this thread indicated that 300 was indeed the starting point.

iResq said:
wp6529 said:
You may not have considered the fact that the RP gimbal can be readily migrated to your next aerial platform, it is not in any way dependent on the P2V or it's camera.

What other platforms are readily compatible with this gimbal?

Pretty much any platform, including non aircraft. From everything I have read, the RP gimbal relies on the P2V for power and for the tilt servo signal and nothing else. The RP gimbal uses the BaseCAM controller, which is self contained, and is also expandable to 3 axis. This means it is readily adaptable to virtually any platform that needs camera stabilization, from quads, to planes, to say a cable cam for a ski slope.

RP has already indicated they will be producing mounts for cameras other than the P2V FC200, i.e. GoPro, etc. and clearly anyone with a bit of fabrication skill could also produce such mounts. RP has indicated this new gimbal will be replacing their previous gimbal offerings as a "universal" unit adaptable to multiple craft and cameras.

Pull_Up said:
Close your eyes, click your heels together, whisper "There's no place like Toronto, there's no place like Toronto..." and I bet he'll appear.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Pull_Up said:
Close your eyes, click your heels together, whisper "There's no place like Toronto, there's no place like Toronto..." and I bet he'll appear.

OK ... I tried it!

Not sure, though, if it was the procedure or the Grey Goose & Tonic that did it ...

Very funny... pro and con Keri want more videos and stop talking about delay problem.
I posted a video about 3 axis test gimbal... no one has reacted.... about video... but about keri story...
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z