Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

bobomet said:
The solution for Rotorpixel is doing a detailed Step-By-Step unpacking and assembly video .... without missing a single detail, no matter how small it may seem.
Or they should pay someone to do it.

This could be the simple cause of some of the "shorting" problems, and it quite frankly it should be an expectation of a vendor that it be part of the product.

I'm reading the published instruction form on the Rotorpixel website, and I can tell you it is does not match the little things I have heard about here from those who are receiving and installing the device.

I want to fly mine (number 833) the day it arrives without a problem caused by unclear instructions.

Why not do this the right way?

I'm sure by the time they get to 833 Keri will have the video up on the site.

WeaponsHot said:
Stay the course please. Good Job. 188 to go :) My 2 cents as if you needed it.

Well said. I think RP have been honest and up front all the way. They've estimated how many they can make, given us a basic idea where we are in the queue, told us it will take a while and that they charge up front and offered speedy refunds for anyone who feels they can no longer wait.

I'd much rather have the patience to wait for a quality item, first time as opposed to having to go through the tribulations of sending a poor product back as I'm having to do for my P2V camera thanks to DJI's less than exacting QC standards !

Keep up the good work Keri.

P.S I'm 777 so a long way to go. :cool:

gfredrone said:
bobomet said:
The solution for Rotorpixel is doing a detailed Step-By-Step unpacking and assembly video .... without missing a single detail, no matter how small it may seem.

This could be the simple cause of some of the "shorting" problems, and it quite frankly it should be an expectation of a vendor that it be part of the product.

I'm reading the published instruction form on the Rotorpixel website, and I can tell you it is does not match the little things I have heard about here from those who are receiving and installing the device.

I want to fly mine (number 833) the day it arrives without a problem caused by unclear instructions.

I trust you are right. But I do want Keri to understand it is most important that the video include every step in the process. Some of us are not as mechanically or electrically adept as others.

And to ignore a close-up of a wire coupling, for instance, because it may seem intuitive to all would be doing us a disservice.

It must include even the most simplistic of details.

bobomet said:
gfredrone said:
bobomet said:

I trust you are right. But I do want Keri to understand it is most important that the video include every step in the process. Some of us are not as mechanically or electrically adept as others.

And to ignore a close-up of a wire coupling, for instance, because it may seem intuitive to all would be doing us a disservice.

It must include even the most simplistic of details.

Rotorpixel is known for making hour long instructional videos, so once Keri gets around to making one, I am sure it will cover the whole thing :)

DKDarkness said:
Rotorpixel is known for making hour long instructional videos, so once Keri gets around to making one, I am sure it will cover the whole thing :)

And he won't release the video until it's perfect, just like his products. :) Two more days (Thursday) till I receive mine. :) :) :)

Bigvern said:
Well what a lovely surprise that was just got in from work and my misses had taken this package in for me !
Only shipped Friday at 16:20 !
No word from customs yet ! and only paid the $50 shipping (7 days)!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

That's *really* frustrating.... Mine was shipped well before yours -- not a sign of it arriving. Waiting for Keri to get back to me with what Canadapost have done with it...

gpauk said:
Bigvern said:
Well what a lovely surprise that was just got in from work and my misses had taken this package in for me !

That's *really* frustrating.... Mine was shipped well before yours -- not a sign of it arriving. Waiting for Keri to get back to me with what Canadapost have done with it...

I feel for you mate! the wait is bad at the best of times!
Good luck hope it turns up soon for you !
Glen

gpauk said:
Bigvern said:

You can have a look here: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/ ... ution=e1s1

gpauk said:
Bigvern said:

Once RP leaves Canada, Canada post no longer tracks the package. Mine was the same way. I got two days of tracking and then nothing until it showed up on my front porch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Gazer said:
gpauk said:
Bigvern said:

Once RP leaves Canada, Canada post no longer tracks the package. Mine was the same way. I got two days of tracking and then nothing until it showed up on my front porch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same as that nothing on Royal mail or parcel force tracking site, they were ment to take control of the package when it reached the UK, not a thing then it was delivered today and still nothing on there tracking sites I have just checked !

RichieRamone said:
Yikes...I just ordered mine and I'm #856...doesnt look like i will be getting mine before xmas.. :|

Welcome to the site and happy Christmas :lol:

GetaGrip said:
gpauk said:
Bigvern said:

You can have a look here: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/ ... ution=e1s1

Yeah -- that shows nothing since it was received by canadapost on 7th March....

Pull_Up said:
Regarding the cables, etc. My gimbal came with the red cable fully connected and tucked away - which I believe it should be from the factory - and the written instructions matched exactly what I had. There should be no wiring to do other than connect Vision camera cable and Vision servo cable.

+1 on that with my experience today !

This gimbal seems great but it's lacking something. I think it needs a fancy case to hold the gimbal while shipping to your house. I would certainly pay over $600 then. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart