Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Sorry about the words twice up there. I do intend to range test against my previous Max range at the same location but it might not be for a while as my 3 year old fractured her ankle yesterday. Back to the hospital today for a proper resin cast (in pink, naturally). Flying operations halted for now as family comes first.

Still, we have the NHS so I don't have to sell my gimbal to pay for it. ;)

Deeply unimpressed with canadapost.... There's been no update to my tracking info for days, there's no way to report an overdue international shipment on their site (only domestic) and they don't respond to any attempts at communication.

I'm starting to think they've lost my gimbal... :(

I've emailed RotorPixel about it now, so hopefully their customer service will be good...

Pull_Up said:
Sorry about the words twice up there. I do intend to range test against my previous Max range at the same location but it might not be for a while as my 3 year old fractured her ankle yesterday. Back to the hospital today for a proper resin cast (in pink, naturally). Flying operations halted for now as family comes first.

A broken ankle is very painful. Hope she is better soon and she likes the pink.

Pull_Up said:

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope all goes smoothly. NHS... is that kinda like Obamacare, only effective?

-slinger

Well what a lovely surprise that was just got in from work and my misses had taken this package in for me !
Only shipped Friday at 16:20 !
No word from customs yet ! and only paid the $50 shipping (7 days)!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 395
Rotorpixel said:

We had no idea the scale of demand that there is for this product, so were/are overwhelmed with the response. We thought that we'd be able to keep up with sales, since we already had (what we thought was) a rough idea of the market, given the sales numbers of our previous gimbals... boy were we wrong.

More info soon.

Keri

Maybe DJI China will try to buy you out for pennies on the dollar. :eek:

Anyone here who can tell me what brushless motors they are using?
I like the way the motor's are positioned and the "shaft" going thru the motors.

MikeySoft said:
Rotorpixel said:

We had no idea the scale of demand that there is for this product, so were/are overwhelmed with the response. We thought that we'd be able to keep up with sales, since we already had (what we thought was) a rough idea of the market, given the sales numbers of our previous gimbals... boy were we wrong.

More info soon.

Keri

Maybe DJI China will try to buy you out for pennies on the dollar. :eek:
The flying season (Warmer weather) is coming soon to N America and many places where the P2V is sold. I would expect the demand to remain high as more people see them flying.

Rotorpixel said:
Regarding the tiny capacitor blowing on the main P2V board - this is an inherent problem with the P2V. Even without a gimbal, inserting/removing the cable from the back of the camera is a very dangerous action, which can torch the small capacitor...

More info soon.

Keri

I noticed in the Rotorpixel installation instructions Line 4 it simply says "turn power off." Should you also completely remove battery? I'm order 456 and don't have mine yet, but just want to avoid any shorting accidents when I do receive mine.

Fitted, cheers for the video Pull-Up !

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 354
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 412
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 377
Finally bit the bullet. Thank you to everyone for posting video from the actual rig! Order number 859, I believe... it's gonna be while. In the meantime, go ahead and solve the yaw issue for all of us waiters.

Just received mine. :D

But I cant get it to work.
First it would not start up, then I saw its internal power plug was unpluged.
Now when I start it up it shakes fast up and down a few mm and it just do that all the time.

Anybody know what could be wrong??

Edit*
Here is a video of it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06VWPC0L41c[/youtube]

It will shake like that if it's getting any resistance, like from hitting the table or from one of the wires being caught on the ears or a little tight. If you pick it up off the table and hold it and it still jitters then have a look at how you've routed the white camera cable - the cables should have plenty of slack so as not to put too much resistance against the motor.

EDIT: watched the video, and whilst I couldn't see the wires exactly the route of the white wire looks like it might be touching another part of the gimbal?

tmsound said:
Just received mine. :D

But I cant get it to work.
First it would not start up, then I saw its internal power plug was unpluged.
Now when I start it up it shakes fast up and down a few mm and it just do that all the time.

Anybody know what could be wrong??

The **** thing's gone wild. Maybe you got Black Betty....

All my cables are loose.
And it still shakes even if I lift it up.
I have tried to restart the hole thong over and over.
There is no resistance in the gimbal if I try to move it when the power is of. :(

There's almost certainly something that can be done to sort it out, probably involving either the GUI for the gimbal controller board or the mysterious push switch underneath. I assume you've emailed in for support - I would put something like *** CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUEST *** or similar in the subject line just to make it stand out! Keri is regularly on the thread himself so he's almost certain to see it if his internet holds up (it was down before).

Other than balancing the gimbal for the lens filter kit on the pitch axis (and I did roll as well while I was fiddling) I haven't done anything else to mine and it worked ok out of the box so I can't help any further right now...

tmsound said:
All my cables are loose.
And it still shakes even if I lift it up.
I have tried to restart the hole thong over and over.
There is no resistance in the gimbal if I try to move it when the power is of. :(

Not sure but it sounds like you may have violated one of the warnings by powering the vision without all the cables connected:

NEVER power the gimbal *without* the Vision camera installed. Doing so can cause damage to the motors, which is not covered by warranty.
NEVER plug in the vision camera cable while the Phantom 2 Vision is powered up! This can cause permanent damage to the camera and/or internal components of the P2V.
NEVER disconnect/connect any other cables to/from the FC200/gimbal control board/IMU while the system is powered up.

The only cable I have tried not to connect is the servo cable becouse I thougt it could be a signal from that.
All other cables have been where it should be and I have checked and checked it once again.
And I followed the installation guide and saw all the videos before i put power to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka