Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

The GPS doesn't correct for Yaw.[/quote]

Correct. It does not correct for yaw. This is a matter of pilot control. And as Simon mentioned, the control is a little sensitive. It's possible to adjust the sensitivity in the assistance program but more likely you just need to be very gentle on the yaw control[/quote]

Correct, that's what I stated earlier, and that Symon hit it on the head. It'll be interesting to see how it settles down after widening the dead band on that channel. With the videos I'm seeing the sideways twitching, there is no wind at all.

I got #833 last night. I'm in line!
I look forward to learning from all those who are already doing the groundwork for us.
With some good fortune, I suspect I'll be back looking over those INSTALL videos by June.

BigSky said:
Kerranga said:

Kerrangaa, I stopped there at Crater Lake way back in the mid 90s when we had the kids on a summer vacation. Beautiful place. Nice videos by the way. We need to figure out how to stop the side shifting though.

I had a heck of a time with the wind up there. That was the strongest wind I have ever dared to fly in. I had to find a place that was reasonably sheltered and even then I landed after a short time. I should have had someone take a video of the P2V while it was dancing around trying to hover. I am impressed that the video even came out reasonably well. I posted it to give people an idea of how well it compensated for the conditions and my flying.

BigSky said:
The GPS doesn't correct for Yaw.

Correct. It does not correct for yaw. This is a matter of pilot control. And as Simon mentioned, the control is a little sensitive. It's possible to adjust the sensitivity in the assistance program but more likely you just need to be very gentle on the yaw control

Correct, that's what I stated earlier, and that Symon hit it on the head. It'll be interesting to see how it settles down after widening the dead band on that channel. With the videos I'm seeing the sideways twitching, there is no wind at all.

Bigsky are you talking about adjusting the yaw settings of the P2V in the assistant application, because there is nothing that can be adjusted on the gimbal being there is no 3rd axis.

I think this is where we were getting confused.

What is the latest shipping confirmation email number? I am Number 385 just checking to see how close it is getting

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Has anyone posted a video showing the 7th channel lever being used with rotorixel gimbal? Or has there been any problems?

Venom93corba said:
What's the latest shipping number confirmation? I'm a PayPal order between #384 and #385.

What's the latest number? I'm #384.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 12.55.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 12.55.17 PM.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 405
GPS Mode does correct for yaw, it uses the compass to hold heading, and if the Yaw gain is too high the yaw will be pretty "crisp" and robot looking. You can turn the gain down a little to make it a bit softer on yaw. I modified my DJI Tx to be able to dial down the yaw control (basically an adjustable dual rate adjustment) to allow for very gentle yaw steering.

Bigvern said:
I think it's about 364/365

T-minus four and counting ..... for me!

I'm very impressed by the videos posted so far. Even without changing settings, reducing the yaw problems "in post" will be much easier and more effective than stabilizing the video from the camera with the original gimbal was. And stills are going to be easier to frame and won't have to be cropped as much to remove the tilt.

-- Roger

browntw79 said:
RemE said:
I modified my DJI Tx to be able to dial down the yaw control (basically an adjustable dual rate adjustment) to allow for very gentle yaw steering.

Have you posted how you did added a yaw control? I would be interested.

Yes, in RCGroups, I did my Tx for P2 with Zenmuse and have the parts for the Vision Tx next;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990

I did both a Yaw and Tilt mod, now I have extremely fine control of both.

RemE said:
browntw79 said:
RemE said:
I modified my DJI Tx to be able to dial down the yaw control (basically an adjustable dual rate adjustment) to allow for very gentle yaw steering.

Have you posted how you did added a yaw control? I would be interested.

Yes, in RCGroups, I did my Tx for P2 with Zenmuse and have the parts for the Vision Tx next;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990

I did both a Yaw and Tilt mod, now I have extremely fine control of both.

Very interesting read, RemE - thank you. :) Waaaay above my expertise level (still don't have that soldering iron ;) ) but I love the fact that someone's done a mod like this and then shares it for all to benefit.

BManCan said:
browntw79 said:
Venom93corba said:
What's the latest shipping number confirmation? I'm a PayPal order between #384 and #385.

What's the latest number? I'm #384.
I will let you know when I receive my confirmation (I'm number 383). Hopefully it ships this week.

381 here and will update accordingly. I'm thinking next week but hoping for this week. 364 is last confirmed order number on the thread. Let's hope they worked over the weekend and are ramping production.

364 was a week ago. I hope they got some shipped out since then. I leave for vacation on the 1st and don't want this thing sitting on my porch a week.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart