Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

iResq said:
pabling said:
Hi! Its possible tilt the camera with this gimbal with 7 channel and lever??thanks!

Yes.

I read the NL Dronexpert gimbal has the ability to use both camera app and 7th channel... Does anyone know more about that?.. It would be nice to have either option simultaneously.

As far as production levels... I would think the minor bugs with assembly would show up early in the process... Also, now that the early adopter consumer testing can begin, any issues can be addressed as they are found, before some of us recieve it... Thats the upside. Patience may be a virtue, and may even prevent a few headaches. Im at the mid 400's.... Trying to be patient

Yeah you're right, and we also benefit from the fact that by the time ours arrive others will have had some decent flying time behind them and given some useful feedback about how it all works so maybe the majority of minor issues will have been sorted by then.

Looking at the rig itself it oozes quality and it will be very interesting to see the 3rd axis development onto it after people have fed back their experiences flying with it.

:D

Ok! I have the lever installed, but how to do to
Move with it? With rotorpixel...:) something to configure,,?thanks!!

RCRookie said:
I read the NL Dronexpert gimbal has the ability to use both camera app and 7th channel... Does anyone know more about that?.. It would be nice to have either option simultaneously.

It's one or the other, adjustable via the "hack". You can switch back and forth but not on the fly.

Mine worked but I had what appeared to be an isolated issue. I had to open my controller and turn the pot "lock to lock" to get my numbers (from the basic calibration page). After I plugged these numbers into the advance gimbal settings page, the lever worked great.

You might want to move your inquiry to that thread for assistance.

teji said:
To help me to wait my RP gimbal, i ordered 3DPower Gimbal (150$), it's deliverable, i installed & tested.
Here is a first test video.

https://vimeo.com/89111527

It work very well ! So happy !
;-)

How difficult was installation? From what I've read on other threads one needs a lot of electronics experience and an engineering degree from MIT to get the 3DPower to work.

Kerranga said:
I am still learning to fly but here is some more RotorPixel footage :). It was fairly windy at these locations.

Looks extremely smooth, can't wait to get mine. Where did you film to, the location is beautiful?

well I hope rotorpixel comes on here to address this .. give folks in the 450++ plus the truth .. not too mention change their website from pre-order now to a more realistic number .. there is patience and then there is reality ..[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I placed my order February 10th and I'm number 456, it's week 5 and Rotorpixel on 365? It would be so simple for Rotorpixel to simply put a counter with last number shipped to at least see where we are!

Quick hit and run - first bit of flight footage from me. Running late from my all-day event so all I had time to do was fly it at the bottom of the garden. There was some serious ground effect at times and I can't believe the gimbal soaked it all up. This bodes REALLY well for some proper flying tomorrow!

Off to feed the kids...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbijTFLdxNU[/youtube]

Great video showing off the gimbal's abilities. Rock solid with all of the left, right, up, down, forward and reverse movement.

And flying that close to the ground you certainly notice the prop wash !!

Fancy going off to feed the kids and not give us more videos !!!!......phah !

:D

Pull_Up said:
Quick hit and run - first bit of flight footage from me. Running late from my all-day event so all I had time to do was fly it at the bottom of the garden. There was some serious ground effect at times and I can't believe the gimbal soaked it all up. This bodes REALLY well for some proper flying tomorrow!

Off to feed the kids...

First of all, NO kitchen table, NO Port and who is that guy flying your Phantom? Mug-less face!!!

Otherwise, nice video, very stable, can't wait to get mine. Thanks Simon :)

Btw, you need to cut the grass. LOL :shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka