Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Easy marc111, this is a praise only thread. Negative comments will be met with calls to cancel your order and leave this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

iResq said:
Easy marc111, this is a praise only thread. Negative comments will be met with calls to cancel your order and leave this thread.

since when have you been the boss of rotorpixel or the self appointed administrator of this thread

I just remember the early Vision data pin issues, for those of us who were here back in the heady autumn days of 2013. Visions dropping like flies until the software was patched and subsequent manufacture runs used the crowned, not pointed pins. Rushing things to get the Xmas market covered didn't work for them, and there were lots of refunds and users measuring things with callipers and getting dielectric grease over everything and so on.

Could the corporate side of things have been handled better by Rotorpixel? Of course it could - this thing has gone viral for them and they have orders coming out of places orders don't need to go (ouch). Are they doing the right thing ensuring that when bulk deliveries start they are all perfect and they won't have a data pin style problem? I think so, and having been an unofficial beta tester for DJI a couple of times not by choice I'd quite like a product that is plug and play rather than plug and find workaround!

Good news is that refund requests are being turned around within hours where requested apparently.

Opinions and comments should always be welcomed by everyone, pro or anti - but everyone should at least stay courteous and respectful to each other.

Group hug? ;)

iResq said:

Ha ha this thread gets more and more funny :D

shaun27 said:
iResq said:

since when have you been the boss of rotorpixel or the self appointed administrator of this thread

I guess you don't get sarcasm. And you're off topic ;-)

I would expect the volume shipping to ramp up exponentially, not to just ~20/wk. The first handful through assembly will be getting checked, re-checked, the assembly process reviewed, etc. Thus the few days to fabricate new assembly jigs to improve the assembly process. One would expect once the first handfull is cleared, then next weeks production would be 50, 100, etc.

For aerial photo, you have everything you need, with the P2V. You don´t really need a brushless gimbal in a P2V for aerial photography.

I would say this mostly correct. But a gimbal will allow the horizon to say level in winds so you won't need to crop as much in post and the end result is a higher quality photo.
But yes for the most part this gimbal will do little for still photos.

ResevorDG said:
For aerial photo, you have everything you need, with the P2V. You don´t really need a brushless gimbal in a P2V for aerial photography.

I would say this mostly correct. But a gimbal will allow the horizon to say level in winds so you won't need to crop as much in post and the end result is a higher quality photo.

Less cropping means more image area to work with. And it speeds up workflow immensely if you don't have to go through and "level" every photo. Yes, there is an "easy" angle adjustment in Camera Raw or LR, but it still takes extra time. With a large amount of photos, IMHO, it is better to have them straight to begin with.

Sharpness and lens correction can be done in one batch, so that's not an issue.

Don't get too optimistic!

So far, no one posted they got any info from Rotorpixel saying that the order is on their way.
And I really mean no one!!!
How many of us are we waiting for a Rotorpixel gimbal and also subscribed on this thread?
Waayyyy tooooo manyyyyyy, I guess...

But, don't loose your optimism, also...
One day, you will get it... eventually...

I'm a bit surprised no one in here has got a dispatch confirmation from Rotorpixel. You have to assume that if they did ship it was all to people they sold to before opening the pre order list to the world..... Which is disappointing but hey, that's life!!
FWIW if I was Rotorpixel I'd've made sure at least one of the first 10 went to someone in here, just for the PR....

gpauk said:
FWIW if I was Rotorpixel I'd've made sure at least one of the first 10 went to someone in here, just for the PR....

But then someone would ask what their order number was and if it wasn't in the first 10 all hell would break loose, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

tlastrange said:
gpauk said:

But then someone would ask what their order number was and if it wasn't in the first 10 all hell would break loose, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Yeah, but who cares?

Anyway, surely it would not be worse than what's already on, here... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First there was Waco, The peoples Temple, the Manson family and Heavens Gate.......then there was you lot!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 629
ResevorDG said:

I have bought this gimbal primarily for photos. As it stands, unless the air is very still indeed, horizons are rarely level and (as others stated, this means losing a fair bit of the image when straightened. Furthermore, if you are bracketing shots, then the gimbal will do a great deal to reduce alignment issues.

Plus, when I do the odd video, it looks so much nicer than processed via Premier's Warp.

Awfullynicefella said:
First there was Waco, The peoples Temple, the Manson family and Heavens Gate.......then there was you lot!

Blasphemer! Infidel! You have misspelt the name of the Holy! RotorpixEl (smooth filming be upon them) shall set the Sacred Whales of Dominica upon you, and you shall feel the Might of not One axis, but TWO... (with support for a third coming soon).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka