Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I ran mine out to over a thousand feet with a Sony HDR AS15 Velcroed to the side of the FC200 and it had no effect at all. I wasn't attempting to see how far I could go, that's just how far the flight went. So I can't imagine that a small piece of plastic over it will make much difference.

Pull_Up said:
I'd be really interested to see if you could mount one of the specifically made antennas from these guys and still have the gimbal balanced: http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... antom-2-1/ I'm guessing it all depends on the length and flexibility of the pigtail cable and how aggressively you fly or how choppy it is...

They are meant to be very lightweight, though... perhaps there's an option to hang them down from the camera itself and then balance with it there. Need to hand-catch for landing, though - and sort something out for take off too.

Pull_up I'm going for the full option on these antennas ×4 :D .. You are correct the pigtail will have to be very flexible, I'm contacting Will on this..

That site is interesting. I just finished installing a rasma mount in my extender this morning, I have the TP-Link 8db antenna for it with the 11 db patch in the mail somewhere. I am going to mount another sma mount in the remote using the OEM hole leaving the option to switch back if ever needed. I already have 2 5.8 ghz antennas being shipped for the remote, but the kits for the camera and UAV interest me no end as I was wondering how to improve them. Thanks to Pull-up for finding this, I will pre-order the kits for the bird.

I might be out of place here but there seems to be a lot of people being a bit to touchy about this whole Pre-order thing. I know that there were a group of people on Rotorpixel's Facebook page (me included) that asked to be put on any order list way before this thread picked up steam. So what is Keri supposed to do, kick them to the curb just because some on here (me included) was in the vanguard of the signups when pre-orders opened? Would that be fair to the facebook list, if one was kept, as I have no idea but I assume that is what he alluded to. I am not a line cutter and don't expect special treatment because they have my money. I get it when I get it, as long as the communication line are open, as they are. Just my .02

F6Rider said:
I might be out of place here but there seems to be a lot of people being a bit to touchy about this whole Pre-order thing. I know that there were a group of people on Rotorpixel's Facebook page (me included) that asked to be put on any order list way before this thread picked up steam. So what is Keri supposed to do, kick them to the curb just because some on here (me included) was in the vanguard of the signups when pre-orders opened? Would that be fair to the facebook list, if one was kept, as I have no idea but I assume that is what he alluded to. I am not a line cutter and don't expect special treatment because they have my money. I get it when I get it, as long as the communication line are open, as they are. Just my .02

that is precisely what needs to be done. a list of people showing interest is a gauge..a gauge to determine the demand for a particular product. if there was no demand, then rotorpixel would not have wasted the time that goes into research and development, production of parts and whatever else it takes for a product to be delivered to the market. Once the pre-order went live, then those people who were on said list should have been there along with everybody else and got in on the order. It makes no sense to kick the people who have put their money down on the preorder behind of people on a "im interested" list. period. it's common sense. do you know of any other businesses that operate like this?

Keri,

I'm sure you're lurking on here eventually reading the posts. Just ignore most of the people and keep working on production and shipment. I wouldn't tell people where they are on the list. It's a waste of time and impossible to please everyone.

F6Rider said:

Well said. Im in the same boat as you.

JJ

I don't know what everyone is in such a hurry for, I volunteer to be last. I would prefer mine be the latest greatest design, as I am sure the design will be tweeked a few times.

PhantomDave said:
I don't know what everyone is in such a hurry for, I volunteer to be last. I would prefer mine be the latest greatest design, as I am sure the design will be tweeked a few times.

if you got in on the pre-order and paid, you are safe. if you sent them a facebook message or liked one of their photos then my friend you are out of luck..top of the list you go.

I was glad when I found this thread as it was informative and to the point. If the gimbal cry baby's can't wait, shut the f*** up and cancel your order! You are making this like a 10 year old facebook thread!! It's pretty simple, be patient or cancel your f***ing order!!

If all goes as planned, we should be able to have the backlog cleared in a timely manner, and the "magical mysterious super secret list" can be discarded altogether...

Very simple to me....

99 gimbals to make on the table.
99 gimbals to make.
As soon as we're able, your vids will be stable.... 98 gimbals to make on the table.

Attachments

• Vision gimbal-mania.jpg
    Vision gimbal-mania.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 390
Okay, well that nifty photo of all the gimbals should keep everyone happy for at least a couple of hours :lol: :roll:

Rotorpixel said:
99 gimbals to make on the table.
99 gimbals to make.
As soon as we're able, your vids will be stable.... 98 gimbals to make on the table.

99 gimbals but a preorder ain't gettin one!

Video was too lude... deleted! Think JayZ lol

Are you on 97 yet?

cool looks like the countdown is on ..

speaking of countdowns this may be the best countdown ever

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXF7jK_DX8[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart