Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Ordered my RP gimbal on friday, got an email to say its been dispatched :D

Im going to assume they close at the weekends, so pretty much order received and sent out the next day.

*edit* ETA on delivery is next Wednesday, 12 days after ordering. Impressive!

Rotopixel website

Anyone know anything about the rotopixel website tried emailing them but never get a response back, just wondering if the site is still good or did they shut the door, anyone know

Re: Rotopixel website

Nope... He hasn't shut the door. He has a number of things going on all at the same time. There are periods when he's extremely accessible and other times where he can't be found...

You've been to this topic?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6508

It's well over 500 pages... so... pack a lunch... :D :D :D

-slinger

I don't have the instructions available but posted this before. Search my posts and your will find step by step instructions. Hope that helps

all I wanted to know is if they have them in stock right now was thinking about ordering one but just didnt want to place an order and find out they dont have any web site says in stock but wasnt sure

Squiddley said:
all I wanted to know is if they have them in stock right now was thinking about ordering one but just didnt want to place an order and find out they dont have any web site says in stock but wasnt sure
Cyclone stated he ordered one on Friday and got an Email it had been dispatched. So maybe they are in stock.

I sure did. Should be with me within 12 days of ordering.

I ordered one early December and it shipped within a few days :)

The website said they were in stock, and I had to tick a box acknowledging that there might be a wait.

RCRookie said:
Politics sucks...lets keep it out of what we do here.
Agreed. Just having a little fun with slinger.
Back to topic.
My RPG is great! The snow and 4 degrees F here means: NO FLY!

Cyclone said:
I think Ive been stung by the exchange rate.

So far its cost me £284, for the gimbal and shipping. Have the £50 customs charge to come yet which puts the total around £340 approx in total :(

What with oil prices plunging and many countries' economies in precarious positions, there has been a flight to the perceived safety of the US dollar.....combined with that, many countries and their private industries debts are denominated in US dollars, so it is not surprising the US dollar is seeing significant upward pressure on it vis-a-vis other currencies. Not just a RotorPixel impact, but for any goods or services priced in US dollars.

Happyflyer said:
RCRookie said:
Back to topic.

I was thinking about trying to get out flying today, especially since the sun is finally shining again, but the -18 degrees Celsius changed my mind in a hurry! Oh well, I guess I should retire to the workshop to modify my Tx for the slow yaw rate switch mod and the 7th channel potentiometer mod, which I never got around to doing last fall/early winter when the weather was still nice.

BTW, I was outside earlier and did the throwing of a pot full of hot water into the air and spraying of hot water into the air, and the instant formation of ice crystals is amazing. I'll have to catch it on my video camera for posterity!

EricT said:
.....BTW, I was outside earlier and did the throwing of a pot full of hot water into the air and spraying of hot water into the air, and the instant formation of ice crystals is amazing. I'll have to catch it on my video camera for posterity!
Please do so. That would be slick video.

I have been trying to place an order for the past few days and my credit card gets declined each time. Sent an email via the webform; no response. Does anyone know how I can reach Keri? Maybe he checks here sometimes?

Thanks

Hello All.

I'm just letting you know that I ordered the Rotorpixel gimble and received it in about two weeks.
Setup and installation was simple and everything worked the first time I powered up.

So I confirm this is a good product and works as advertised.

Now I just need for the rain to stop and I'll take it out for a test flight.
Q~

Questor said:
Hello All.

I'm just letting you know that I ordered the Rotorpixel gimble and received it in about two weeks.
Setup and installation was simple and everything worked the first time I powered up.

Q~

Thanks for the info. It's so nice that Keri's production has finally caught up with his demand. Now we're all patiently waiting for the 3rd axis modification... You'll really like this gimbal, BTW... It works very well, very consistently, and is much more robust than most. It'll take a pretty serious lickin' and keep on tickin'... Good choice...

-slinger

Happyflyer said:
RCRookie said:
Back to topic.

Nice bright sunshine today at around 18 degrees F, with just enough wind to keep me indoors... grrrr...

-slinger

Questor said:
Hello All.

Q~
Mines been sitting at GBLALA since 7th Jan, Im assuming this is Customs. Estimated delivery is Wednesday and it cant come quick enough.

The wind is a nightmare at the moment and looking at the forecast its going to continue for another week :(

I've had my RP for over a month now and done everything I can to stabilize it to get the best possible video. Up till today It's been perfect. No jello or anything.
Took her up for a quick flight this morning and the video's bad, full of jello. The only changes I've done is add a couple of tubes on the legs to raise her up about 20mm off the ground. Would these make that much of a difference to the video quality?

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart