Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I need help guys!!! With the Rotorpixel Gimbal installed, my IPhone indicates a flying time of 10min with a fresh battery. I am still concerned about the power loss with the addition 190grams.

Tracking states mine is in Chicago. Oh, no, that is a customs place. May be there a week or may "fly" right through. We hope: "Fly."

DKDarkness said:
5000 replys in this thread! How many are relevant...? ;-)
Well, about 20%. If EVERYTHING had to be 100% "on topic" what fun would any forum be?

So I finally received my RPG !! Yahoo
I had a problem with a loose connector, but one email to RP solved the issue within an hour !! Double Yahoo !!
Seems their backlog all cleared up.
Now if only someone could help me with the weatherman/woman....

Post Removed
To make some one happy.

I noticed At 30% battery life my drone started to descend I'm not sure if it's due to the increased weight. Also as a caution always tighten the screws for the grommets after every flight. I had one loosen up on me and fell out.

Finally have my RotorPixel and it's mounted and seems to work well. Those of you with a hard case. How much surgery did you have to do to the case and how's it working out? Does this thing travel well without having to lock it down somehow?

Thanks...
-slinger

Ok, I have a question

I have the PT2 assistant installed on my Mac. The instructions for the Gimbal say to go to advanced and under gimbal enter 0 for the pitch hit enter then in servo enter 450. My assistant software doesn't have those settings. I looked at a youtube video on how to install the gimbal and saw that he was using something called Naza-M assistant. Can someone please explain what I may be doing wrong and should I be using it. For information I didn't attach the PV2 while doing this. Maybe the assistance changes if I did, I don't know. I thought I would ask before proceeding.

John

I recently replaced my rotorpixel vertical arm with a new one. When I reattached the motor, I tightened it fairly tight against the flat side of the shaft. But by having the hex screw firmly tightened, I can feel resistance when I move the camera. I backed off quite a bit on the tightness of the shaft screw and now there is no resistance and the gimble rolls smoothly.
My question is, should I not tighten this hex screw all the way? I am afraid the motor will come off with the nut not firmly tightened.
Thanks

jjwalkers said:
Ok, I have a question

I have the PT2 assistant installed on my Mac. The instructions for the Gimbal say to go to advanced and under gimbal enter 0 for the pitch hit enter then in servo enter 450. My assistant software doesn't have those settings. I looked at a youtube video on how to install the gimbal and saw that he was using something called Naza-M assistant. Can someone please explain what I may be doing wrong and should I be using it. For information I didn't attach the PV2 while doing this. Maybe the assistance changes if I did, I don't know. I thought I would ask before proceeding.

John

Sup man.
You need to switch to NAZA M on the assistant itself.
On the top of the software click where it says "NAZA M" that means you're switching the mode to fly in the NAZA.
But please do your research before you switch because you might trigger something you don't know and may cause damage.

Nice unit. Installed and is working without any problems, maybe. Mine will tilt straight down and back up, but the total movement is about 100 degrees not just 90. Is this normal or do I have something not totally correct? Settings are as stated in manual paper: 0 and -450

gunslinger said:
Finally have my RotorPixel and it's mounted and seems to work well. Those of you with a hard case. How much surgery did you have to do to the case and how's it working out? Does this thing travel well without having to lock it down somehow?

Thanks...
-slinger

I have the GoProfessional Phantom 2 Vision case and I found the fit a bit tight.....so I cut some of the material at the front (Phantom nose) of the case away so that the camera filter cover wouldn't bump up against it. As for the gimbal freely rotating in the case, I don't worry about it as I believe it should be fine as there is no power to the gimbal motors.

Thanks Geert and EricT... I was a bit concerned about the thing just wobbling around in there.

I found that even the slightest tug of one of the wires connecting the gimbal would cause it to bounce around. I finally have it totally free of this "bounce" issue, but the wires are just hanging all over the place. The first thing I had to do in order to stop the wires from causing this problem was to cut the wire tie that was installed by RotorPixel.

Anybody else see this problem and come up with a clean solution? I'm really **** about wires hanging all over the place and I'm worried they can snag on something and cause a real issue... :eek: :shock:

Thanks...
-slinger

Just got back from my maiden RotorPixel flight. AWESOME!!! I have some jello, but I was pretty sure I had the dampeners a bit too tight. I'm charging the batteries back up and I've already backed off on the dampeners a bit... I can't believe I actually, finally, HAVE one of these things...

It was fairly windy out there today with sustained winds of around 15mph and gusts in the area of 25mph. I was very nervous getting this bird off the ground with the new toy attached. I waited for the wind to subside, but it didn't... so... up we went. Absolutely no worries. It has to be a bit sluggish with all of that extra weight, but I didn't really feel it at the controls. Then again, I took it very easy and drove it around like it was made of glass... :shock:

Once I was confidant it wasn't going to come crashing down, fly away or exhibit any other quirky behavior... I started to play with it a bit. I really like the ability to point the camera straight down. Very cool. :D :D :D

-slinger

Soleangel said:
jjwalkers said:
Ok, I have a question

John

Sup man.
You need to switch to NAZA M on the assistant itself.
On the top of the software click where it says "NAZA M" that means you're switching the mode to fly in the NAZA.
But please do your research before you switch because you might trigger something you don't know and may cause damage.

Ok, I got mine installed but haven't tried it yet.

I just replaced a broken vertical arm on my rotorpixel.
The gimble works like new, but now:

- I am showing 0% on full batteries
- I cannot manually pitch the camera down or up.

Checked all connections, checked for pinched wires, etc.
Why would I have no manual cameral pitch control and 0% battery indicated? I feel like the 2 problems are related, but I am stumped as to why.

Thanks for any help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT