Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Fair enough. That came out harsher than it should have. So I apologize for that.

But you have to understand, someone could come in here and say "hey, one of my friends said that every Phantom ever sold crashes after only 40 hours... boy I sure hope it's not true". It does no one any good to spread rumors. In this particular case, you could've asked something like "does anybody know if RotorPixel production is still on track?" See the difference?

Re: Sv: Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

ProfessorStein said:
Fair enough. That came out harsher than it should have. So I apologize for that.

But you have to understand, someone could come in here and say "hey, one of my friends said that every Phantom ever sold crashes after only 40 hours... boy I sure hope it's not true". It does no one any good to spread rumors. In this particular case, you could've asked something like "does anybody know if RotorPixel production is still on track?" See the difference?
Yeah. Sorry thats maby a problem for me. My english is not the best. So it maby sounds worse that it is. So my fault.

Back to the meat?

Two hours ago on facebook (phantom 2 vision owners group) Keri wrote:

"For many months we've had a Hero 3 camera mount and tuning profiles ready to be manufactured, but as we learned with this gimbal, we need to be prepared to supply the demand in a timely manner before releasing new products. We've also got a universal camera mount for cameras up to around 300-400g (ideally less though). And, of course, the 3rd axis upgrade has been under development for quite a while as well, with many working prototypes already produced... we're not going to release anything until we clear out orders for the original gimbal, and get customer service standards up to where they should be first."

That's good news :)

ProfessorStein said:
Maybe I missed it, Yolevon... but did you say WHEN you ordered yours?

A week ago.. I understand my wait has been tiny compared to others, but I held off ordering until manufacturing picked up and the product was more refined/improved. I was able to delay spending cash, and hopefully get mine only a few weeks after those who ordered 4-5 months before me.

YolevonALLin said:
ProfessorStein said:
Maybe I missed it, Yolevon... but did you say WHEN you ordered yours?

A week ago.. I understand my wait has been tiny compared to others, but I held off ordering until manufacturing picked up and the product was more refined/improved. I was able to delay spending cash, and hopefully get mine only a few weeks after those who ordered 4-5 months before me.
Interesting. That means they only had 9 orders since yours and mine. Maybe we will be the lucky ones that only wait a short time. Hope so.

My Gimbal has arrived within two weeks of order

rich-s said:
Bitter sweet day. My order has arrived at local Post Office, but hasn't slipped through the customs net. I have to pay £50 import duty to get it. I always expected to pay, but recent posts from people who didn't got my hopes up.
Great news everyone, my gimbal arrived after placing my order two weeks ago....Yes my Dronexpert gimbal, a lot has been said about them some not so good, but at the end of the day for us British they were faster to supply than Rotorpixal, they were cheaper £263 against RP £281. No import duty plus you get the 7th channel hardware included. So easy and quick to fit, not problems setting up

Best of all they kept me informed as to when it would be shipped, a Fedex shipping number that I track my order and always reply to an email.

Have cancelled my RP order like many of you should do and order a Dronexpert gimbal, you will be up and flying before Keri responds to your emails!

Keri has a nice little earner, your money in his bank account for up to 4-6 months making him interest..

DKDarkness said:
Back to the meat?

"For many months we've had a Hero 3 camera mount and tuning profiles ready to be manufactured, but as we learned with this gimbal, we need to be prepared to supply the demand in a timely manner before releasing new products. We've also got a universal camera mount for cameras up to around 300-400g (ideally less though). And, of course, the 3rd axis upgrade has been under development for quite a while as well, with many working prototypes already produced... we're not going to release anything until we clear out orders for the original gimbal, and get customer service standards up to where they should be first."

Until that happens, DJI would probably come up with Phnatom Vision 3 which would take away the need for a 3rd party gimbal...

Re: My Gimbal has arrived within two weeks of order

postnote said:
rich-s said:
Bitter sweet day. My order has arrived at local Post Office, but hasn't slipped through the customs net. I have to pay £50 import duty to get it. I always expected to pay, but recent posts from people who didn't got my hopes up.
Great news everyone, my gimbal arrived after placing my order two weeks ago....Yes my Dronexpert gimbal, a lot has been said about them some not so good, but at the end of the day for us British they were faster to supply than Rotorpixal, they were cheaper £263 against RP £281. No import duty plus you get the 7th channel hardware included. So easy and quick to fit, not problems setting up

Best of all they kept me informed as to when it would be shipped, a Fedex shipping number that I track my order and always reply to an email.

Have cancelled my RP order like many of you should do and order a Dronexpert gimbal, you will be up and flying before Keri responds to your emails!

Keri has a nice little earner, your money in his bank account for up to 4-6 months making him interest..

Postnote,
be very careful with the DE gimbal, I had one and after a 10 ft drop on grass it shattered.

postnote said:

Well, maybe. If you have ever made the attempt to start a business you would find you dump a ton of money into it to get it going. Sure profit may be there, but don't think every pound or dollar sent to him is just in a big pile in some bank. I would bet he is hoping some profit will show up someday. I know, I ran a business for 29 years.

ciguli said:
DKDarkness said:
Back to the meat?

Until that happens, DJI would probably come up with Phnatom Vision 3 which would take away the need for a 3rd party gimbal...

They already came out with the Phantom 2 Vision + which took away the need for a third party gimbal. But of course the gimbal and camera are sold as a single unit, and it can't be fitted to a Phantom 2 Vision... They've obviously totally abandoned any further physical additions specific to the P2V, for whatever reason. Which puts us at the mercy of third party manufacturers, or even worse... DJI. There's always an option to sell your P2V and buy a P2V + with that fragile camera gimbal bundle... Yeah. Thanks a lot DJI. Well played... :roll:

postnote said:

Oh sweet Jesus, are you back spouting your drivel? Let's see, you have less that 40 posts in these forums, the vast majority (if not all) of which have been in this thread, full of vitriol for RotorPixel and Keri, trying to get everyone to cancel their orders. We finally expose the fact that the lack of communication was entirely your fault since you can't seem to type your own email address correctly. People even take pity on you (why, I don't know) and help to clear up your mistake. And within hours you have emails from Keri. Whoops... guess that whole sham fell apart for you, didn't it.

So now you're on a kick to get everyone to cancel their orders, again. But at least you've exposed who you are actually affiliated with, finally, and confirmed that you are nothing but a troll trying to steal business from RotorPixel. Posting just about all the marketing material DroneExpert has in the RotorPixel thread.

Just an FYI, your little sham of lies would probably hold a lot more water if you didn't complain about long waits for product just a post or two after others have confirmed that RotorPixels are being shipped about 2 weeks after ordering, and if you didn't complain about Keri not responding to emails just a couple posts after a discussion about how he's been responding to emails within hours.

Time for you to move on. Really.

postnote said:
Yes my Dronexpert gimbal, a lot has been said about them some not so good, but at the end of the day for us British they were faster to supply than Rotorpixal, they were cheaper £263 against RP £281. No import duty plus you get the 7th channel hardware included. So easy and quick to fit, not problems setting up

Not true.

Droneexpert including vat and shipping is EU469.48 = £382.66

Rotorpixel including upgraded $50 shipping is $439 and allowing for customs duty is £251.06 plus £50 duty = £301.06

Well at 6pm this evening I received a card through the door asking to pay £50 VAT (yeah the customs folk got me). Quick trip to the post office to pay and collect the parcel, got home, fitted it and was out testing in the back garden by 7pm :) easy peasy :D

Stufft said:
Well at 6pm this evening I received a card through the door asking to pay £50 VAT (yeah the customs folk got me). Quick trip to the post office to pay and collect the parcel, got home, fitted it and was out testing in the back garden by 7pm :) easy peasy :D

How much did you pay in total - £300 roughly? Im looking at ordering one in a few weeks and curious on full price.

Postitnote's moaning and bitching hasnt put me off.

Happyflyer said:
postnote said:

Well, maybe. If you have ever made the attempt to start a business you would find you dump a ton of money into it to get it going. Sure profit may be there, but don't think every pound or dollar sent to him is just in a big pile in some bank. I would bet he is hoping some profit will show up someday. I know, I ran a business for 29 years.
Yes I have, at the moment I have two business and in both cases the recipe for success is customer service. Not the case in RP

ProfessorStein said:
postnote said:

Oh sweet Jesus, are you back spouting your drivel? Let's see, you have less that 40 posts in these forums, the vast majority (if not all) of which have been in this thread, full of vitriol for RotorPixel and Keri, trying to get everyone to cancel their orders. We finally expose the fact that the lack of communication was entirely your fault since you can't seem to type your own email address correctly. People even take pity on you (why, I don't know) and help to clear up your mistake. And within hours you have emails from Keri. Whoops... guess that whole sham fell apart for you, didn't it.

So now you're on a kick to get everyone to cancel their orders, again. But at least you've exposed who you are actually affiliated with, finally, and confirmed that you are nothing but a troll trying to steal business from RotorPixel. Posting just about all the marketing material DroneExpert has in the RotorPixel thread.

Just an FYI, your little sham of lies would probably hold a lot more water if you didn't complain about long waits for product just a post or two after others have confirmed that RotorPixels are being shipped about 2 weeks after ordering, and if you didn't complain about Keri not responding to emails just a couple posts after a discussion about how he's been responding to emails within hours.

Time for you to move on. Really.
First of all, DON'T use the Lords name in jest!!

And NO just telling people out there that there is an alternative. Unlike you and I assume you are a yank, we in UK live in a democracy and not fed ******** to feast on like you guys.

Your comment about shipping after ordering two weeks prior, just read other posts and you will read it months they have to wait not weeks.

I expect your getting all excited about the proposed 3 axis gimbal, and place an order you have to wait months for it. No wonder as a nation followers!!!

Go out and buy EU they are true to their word

Cyclone said:
Stufft said:

How much did you pay in total - £300 roughly? Im looking at ordering one in a few weeks and curious on full price.

Postitnote's moaning and bitching hasnt put me off.
Well go ahead and order then as you will have to wait months anyway.

Keri's recent post on FB mentioned that they are up to order ####3300. At this rate, by the end of the month -- probably sooner--, you'll be able to get one shipped shortly after placing the order.

It was me who put out that Questions and it was really nice to get a quick answer from Keri.
Would love to be able to use a universal holder for the RP soo it would make it possible to use my Nex5t camera sometimes.
DKDarkness said:
Back to the meat?

Geert said:
.....If you place an order today, you will have it within 2 weeks.

Geert.....
That would be nice. I am on only day 4 of waiting. It must have been a real drag for others that have waited so long for what appears to be a great device for our P2V's.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart