Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
rogeraitch said:
Gimbal No.3141 Ordered 16 April dispatched 21Aug arrived UK 22Aug delivered Wokingham today 27Aug. No customs charge, no handling charge. A good result worth the wait.

Wow, that saved you a few quid! Never complain about Royal Mail again! Sadly for me, their systems were fully working and I got the full charges - still think it was good value, though. :)

I think the customs people vary in what they do, I have bought a fair amount from the Far East, sometimes they charge, sometimes not. I think I was just lucky and it was over the bank holiday. My gimbal is fitted and seems to work well, (flight test pending).
FYI the (new) bare gimbal weighs 220 grams. I would also like to thank you for your excellent videos - most helpful - give Daisy an extra biscuit for me.

rogeraitch said:
Pull_Up said:
rogeraitch said:
Gimbal No.3141 Ordered 16 April dispatched 21Aug arrived UK 22Aug delivered Wokingham today 27Aug. No customs charge, no handling charge. A good result worth the wait.

Wow, that saved you a few quid! Never complain about Royal Mail again! Sadly for me, their systems were fully working and I got the full charges - still think it was good value, though. :)

I think the customs people vary in what they do, I have bought a fair amount from the Far East, sometimes they charge, sometimes not. I think I was just lucky and it was over the bank holiday. My gimbal is fitted and seems to work well, (flight test pending).
FYI the (new) bare gimbal weighs 220 grams. I would also like to thank you for your excellent videos - most helpful - give Daisy an extra biscuit for me.
Will do, except I ran out last night!

Pull_Up said:
EricT said:
Diner21959 said:
Please post...

Okay, here are two pics of the velcro I attached to the base of the left yaw stick to limit the movement and speed of the left yaw input....it basically takes more pressure to move the stick to the left, resulting in a very slight input which slows the yaw rate:
I like that solution - damp the left yaw, leave right yaw fully available for CSC (could always reverse it if you preferred, CSC works both ways) - and it's easily removed and returned to stock. Nice.

Simon, I am honoured to get a heartfelt compliment from you considering your many contributions to the Phantom community!

Pull_Up said:
EricT said:
Diner21959 said:
Please post...

I like that solution - damp the left yaw, leave right yaw fully available for CSC (could always reverse it if you preferred, CSC works both ways) - and it's easily removed and returned to stock. Nice.

Simon, I am honoured to get a heartfelt compliment from you considering your many contributions to the Phantom community!

C'mon... you'll give him a big head.... :D

Guess what came in the mail today :D
Xxxxxx3096
Ordered same day I joined here 4/8/14

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 445
Al Patterson said:
Guess what came in the mail today :D
Xxxxxx3096
Ordered same day I joined here 4/8/14

That is interesting. I live in the southeastern U.S.. My order was 3102 and I received mine this last Tuesday. I assume you don't live in North America.

How did you track your rotorpixel? I got the tracking number on my order which goes to Canada post (currently saying arrived in foreign country), when I try the number on the royal mail site it says not recognised. Any help would be appreciated.

That happened to me - it is likely to be going through customs - I was lucky not to be charged I hope the same for you - Royal Mail parcels just suddenly delivered it about four days after it arrived in UK - good luck and don't forget to vote NO

Has anybody posted a video installation of the upgraded RP gimbal? Is it any different to install than the original?

rich-s said:
Has anybody posted a video installation of the upgraded RP gimbal? Is it any different to install than the original?

The install is no different than the original design.....Keri only changed the gimbal motors and the camera holder/shell. Otherwise the install and balancing is the same.

rich-s said:
I asked for a refund 7 days ago. Had an email from Keri last night saying no problem, he would refund immediately if that was my preference. However my order is ready to ship :) . I asked him to ship as planned. No problem with RP as far as I'm concerned. There was always a long wait to be expected.

I already ask for a refund at Rotorpixel webpage, but I want to claim the refund by email.
Could you be so kind and tell me the email to which I have to write asking for the refund?

Thank you

Very interesting unit. Can anyone in the USA advise what shipping and/or customs costs were?
Looks like it may fix my "hopper" video.

rafin2000 said:
rich-s said:
I asked for a refund 7 days ago. Had an email from Keri last night saying no problem, he would refund immediately if that was my preference. However my order is ready to ship :) . I asked him to ship as planned. No problem with RP as far as I'm concerned. There was always a long wait to be expected.

I already ask for a refund at Rotorpixel webpage, but I want to claim the refund by email.
Could you be so kind and tell me the email to which I have to write asking for the refund?

Thank you

I just sent a reply to my original order confirmation.

Happyflyer said:
Very interesting unit. Can anyone in the USA advise what shipping and/or customs costs were?
Looks like it may fix my "hopper" video.

You pay the shipping charges when you place the order. If you choose a Canada Post shipping option there should be no customs or broker fees.

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart