Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

postnote said:
what email address did you use and seems surprising that he answers your email and I still await an answer to my 8 emails I sent him.

You know... I had just a quick thought as I read that... you'll probably just dismiss it as you usually do, but maybe it'll actually be helpful.

Where are you from, exactly, and what service provider are you using? Is it possible that your emails are being blacklisted? This can be caused by any number of things, but the most common are you are located in a "sensitive" country, your domain is flagged as a source of malware or spam, or even just that your internet service provider auto-injects a footer into your emails the content of which many spam filters block as being spam.

Have you tried using a different email address/service? Obviously, if you're already using something like Gmail or Yahoo, it's less likely. But if you're NOT, that might be something to try. It seems like, with the last two posters saying they have been able to contact Keri, that the problem might actually be that your emails aren't actually getting through to him.

Geert said:
postnote said:
I challenge anyone on the forum to get Keri to respond to my previous emails...

A few days ago somebody posted here a phone number from Keri, try to get in touch with him.

That was postnote. Presumably, since he posted the number, he's already tried to call it. But who knows.

Postnote - why have you not taken this up with your card issuer? If you are for real, then surely you would have gone to your bank by now for a refund. Otherwise go and troll some other forum.

Diner21959 said:
Here is another Rotorpixel demo. I only used a fish-eye removal plug-in, other that it's un-cut video and taken at Whiting, Indiana's City Park off the shores of Lake Michigan. Shots taken in 2 separate days.

http://youtu.be/HjMnb3s8XTc

Beautiful location! I see you are like me when it comes to the yaw speed. I think I have solved my dilemma by cutting a small piece of the soft velcro (as opposed to the hard or hooks portion) and sticking it to the left of the yaw/throttle control stick at its base so that the stick moves ever so little when moved to the left to result in a very slow yaw rate. I cannot do the same on the right hand side as you need to be able to move the throttle down and to the right in conjunction with the right stick to arm or disarm the motors.

If anyone is interested, I can post a photo of the mod if you like.

ProfessorStein said:
postnote said:
what email address did you use and seems surprising that he answers your email and I still await an answer to my 8 emails I sent him.

You know... I had just a quick thought as I read that... you'll probably just dismiss it as you usually do, but maybe it'll actually be helpful.

Where are you from, exactly, and what service provider are you using? Is it possible that your emails are being blacklisted? This can be caused by any number of things, but the most common are you are located in a "sensitive" country, your domain is flagged as a source of malware or spam, or even just that your internet service provider auto-injects a footer into your emails the content of which many spam filters block as being spam.

Have you tried using a different email address/service? Obviously, if you're already using something like Gmail or Yahoo, it's less likely. But if you're NOT, that might be something to try. It seems like, with the last two posters saying they have been able to contact Keri, that the problem might actually be that your emails aren't actually getting through to him.
Have sent you PM and hope this clarifies??

EricT said:
Diner21959 said:
Here is another Rotorpixel demo. I only used a fish-eye removal plug-in, other that it's un-cut video and taken at Whiting, Indiana's City Park off the shores of Lake Michigan. Shots taken in 2 separate days.

http://youtu.be/HjMnb3s8XTc

Beautiful location! I see you are like me when it comes to the yaw speed. I think I have solved my dilemma by cutting a small piece of the soft velcro (as opposed to the hard or hooks portion) and sticking it to the left of the yaw/throttle control stick at its base so that the stick moves ever so little when moved to the left to result in a very slow yaw rate. I cannot do the same on the right hand side as you need to be able to move the throttle down and to the right in conjunction with the right stick to arm or disarm the motors.

If anyone is interested, I can post a photo of the mod if you like.

Yes, please post.

bmullen34 said:
Just in case anyone was wondering what order number they are currently preordered up to. I just pre ordered today order number 3440. So I'm assuming it will take a few months to ship. lol
Hmm... Well, seems they are shipping out numbers 3200-3300 now. I'm debating on pre-ordering but trying to figure out the time frame. Seems like they are catching up on the orders.

Okay postnote... I just went and submitted a contact form on the RotorPixel website, saying that you had mistyped your email address during your order, and giving them your correct address. I got an email not even 2 hours later saying

Thanks for the head's up! I've corrected their email address now, and
re-sent the notification email.

Keri

I'm beginning to believe that there was something blocking communication, and either Keri was not receiving your emails, or you were not receiving his.

But... seems like it's solved on his end, now. Did you get a notification?

ProfessorStein said:
Okay postnote... I just went and submitted a contact form on the RotorPixel website, saying that you had mistyped your email address during your order, and giving them your correct address. I got an email not even 2 hours later saying

Keri

I'm beginning to believe that there was something blocking communication, and either Keri was not receiving your emails, or you were not receiving his.

Fantastic! Thank goodness for that. Perhaps Postnote can settle down now and wait patiently like everyone else. However I suspect that won't happen.

Will he post an apology seeing as he has bad mouthed him for the last month or so?

Got mine in today. The install was a breeze. I did the mirror test with great results! Now I need to figure out which settings are best for night photography and video.

ProfessorStein said:

Keri

Thanks Prof, and now received my oared number

Gimbal No.3141 Ordered 16 April dispatched 21Aug arrived UK 22Aug delivered Wokingham today 27Aug. No customs charge, no handling charge. A good result worth the wait.

Geert said:
YolevonALLin said:
If I ordered today, how long would this take?

Hard to tell.
Why don't you send an email to Rotorpixel and ask directly.

Geert./.

Just did. Just wanted to see if anyone here had an idea or had already heard back. Just trying to gauge a general timeframe.. I haven't followed this for long, so all the production numbers posted don't mean much to me.

Diner21959 said:
Please post...

Okay, here are two pics of the velcro I attached to the base of the left yaw stick to limit the movement and speed of the left yaw input....it basically takes more pressure to move the stick to the left, resulting in a very slight input which slows the yaw rate:

Attachments

• Yaw Mod - 2.JPG
    Yaw Mod - 2.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 454
  • Yaw Mod - 1 - Highlight.JPG
    Yaw Mod - 1 - Highlight.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 386
rogeraitch said:
Gimbal No.3141 Ordered 16 April dispatched 21Aug arrived UK 22Aug delivered Wokingham today 27Aug. No customs charge, no handling charge. A good result worth the wait.

Wow, that saved you a few quid! Never complain about Royal Mail again! Sadly for me, their systems were fully working and I got the full charges - still think it was good value, though. :)

EricT said:
Diner21959 said:
Please post...

Okay, here are two pics of the velcro I attached to the base of the left yaw stick to limit the movement and speed of the left yaw input....it basically takes more pressure to move the stick to the left, resulting in a very slight input which slows the yaw rate:
I like that solution - damp the left yaw, leave right yaw fully available for CSC (could always reverse it if you preferred, CSC works both ways) - and it's easily removed and returned to stock. Nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl