Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

postnote said:
Pull_Up said:
No one who has requested a refund has ever reported not getting it on this forum. Some have reported a delay in it being actioned, some have reported it being done within 24 hours...
How do you know so much about refunds etc, are you anything to do with RP as I have never seen anyone saying they got their deposits back asap???
Nor have you seen anyone report that they requested a refund and never got their money back. I "know so much" because I've been on this thread since the start and have read every post... Much easier to do from day one, I'll admit! Only thing i have to do with them is be the owner of number 3 delivered gimbal and like the product, its function and it's robustness (as the recent fall from 90ft up a tree with no gimbal damage whatsoever attests).

Just in case anyone was wondering what order number they are currently preordered up to. I just pre ordered today order number 3440. So I'm assuming it will take a few months to ship. lol

Pull_Up said:
If it was "cheap as chips" then it's almost certainly using a rip-off controller board, not a licenced one. I.e. it's stolen IP. Go and see the price of a licenced SimpleBGC board and decide for yourself if the price you paid means it's genuine. Lookalike stuff is one thing, but stealing other peoples electronics design and ingenuity is quite another... But I'm beginning to suspect it's only me that's bothered on behalf of makers and producers of original stuff. :(

Nope... it's not just you. Bothers me, too.

Plus... knockoffs NEVER last as long as the genuine article.

I asked for a refund 7 days ago. Had an email from Keri last night saying no problem, he would refund immediately if that was my preference. However my order is ready to ship :) . I asked him to ship as planned. No problem with RP as far as I'm concerned. There was always a long wait to be expected.

ProfessorStein said:
Pull_Up said:
If it was "cheap as chips" then it's almost certainly using a rip-off controller board, not a licenced one. I.e. it's stolen IP. Go and see the price of a licenced SimpleBGC board and decide for yourself if the price you paid means it's genuine. Lookalike stuff is one thing, but stealing other peoples electronics design and ingenuity is quite another... But I'm beginning to suspect it's only me that's bothered on behalf of makers and producers of original stuff. :(

Just to clarify, the controller boards are actually not licensed. It is the boot loader (the BaseCam software) that is licensed. There is a open source project called "BruGi" that lets you use the reasonably priced hardware with open source software. Monopoly is the killer of all innovation.

DKDarkness said:
ProfessorStein said:
Pull_Up said:

Just to clarify, the controller boards are actually not licensed. It is the boot loader (the BaseCam software) that is licensed. There is a open source project called "BruGi" that lets you use the reasonably priced hardware with open source software. Monopoly is the killer of all innovation.
But if I mortgaged my house, risking my family livelihood, and spent hundreds and hundreds of unpaid hours on something that's brilliant, and just works, and solves loads of problems, etc, etc, surely I deserve to get a return on that? I actually believe that if things get to the point where within weeks there's a rip off version of everything going on sale at half the price the inventor can even make it for what's the point in innovating and taking risks to bring things to market as finished products?

If everyone only worked on everything in their spare time, what becomes of the inventors and entrepreneurs who start small businesses that become big businesses that employ all the people on good salaries thus allowing them the luxury of spare time to create for free?!

Anyway I feel the shadow of Geert hovering over me so I'll stop going even further off topic. :)

For what it's worth, I had trouble with my second unit :oops: and posted an email, and got a response back from Keri in a little over an hour (on a Sunday at about 8pm EDT). That's better than good customer service, IMHO.

Here is some footage half shot with stock Vision...and half with the RP gimbal.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cski2aLKWoM[/youtube]

P100kle said:
Last night went out with it and from when I turned the vision on and the gimbal levels on startup it seems to be pointing down straight away, I go in the app and pull it up but it seems to slowly drop down again by itself and is not level.

I was having this problem with the ORIGINAL gimbal on a stock P2V, right out of the box, before installing the RP gimbal. It did not behave as the first two I had purchased. The dealer told me that DJI had changed the settings to default to an angle less than 90 degrees (horizontal).

I have the new style RP gimbal, and I get somewhat inconsistent results with the range of motion. I'm just looking for 0-90 degrees, from horizontal to vertical, but sometimes the range goes another 10-20 degrees EACH WAY. Resetting values in the gimbal software (though I had done so initially) seemed to fix it, but sometimes it returns -- and it causes problems when it goes too far either way with cable hang-ups.

Despite the glitches I was able to get some nice footage this weekend. I got permission from the director of a cross-country meet to fly and film, and the results were good!

Anyway I thought I might learn about others with similar problems? I'll post something more detailed on the Tech RP discussion area.

dkatz42 said:
For what it's worth, I had trouble with my second unit :oops: and posted an email, and got a response back from Keri in a little over an hour (on a Sunday at about 8pm EDT). That's better than good customer service, IMHO.

Do we assume you had trouble with your first unit?? what email address did you use and seems surprising that he answers your email and I still await an answer to my 8 emails I sent him.

And to answer a previous post, I'm somewhat surprised that Keri was so stupid to plough his money into a produce which although it might be good and not promote a customer service. Once someone brings out a gimbal that can be supplied RP sales will decline and he will only have his own self to blame.

I challenge anyone on the forum to get Keri to respond to my previous emails...

Hii. This is my first input here. I'am wonder how many gimbals thay assambly a week? Anwone who knows?

Sorry if my english is bad. From sweden ;)

Br Thomas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor