Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

EricT said:
Al Patterson said:
Xxxxxx3096 shipped as today! :)
Hope it is worth the wait.....
However I am a little gun shy that I might be one of the few who has a issue.
Since I am not very mechanical and afraid of messing something up on installation .......
Would any of you guys mind reposting the how to videos again....,.i know for me I would not mind
Seeing a couple different ones showing installation.
Figure might have a few days to study up on.
Thanks

Here's a link to Simon's RP installation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1njtavc0Yo

This one is the best and the one I followed. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obe_Qqx ... Qg&index=3

Al Patterson said:
Xxxxxx3096 shipped as today! :)
Hope it is worth the wait.....
However I am a little gun shy that I might be one of the few who has a issue.
Since I am not very mechanical and afraid of messing something up on installation .......
Would any of you guys mind reposting the how to videos again....,.i know for me I would not mind
Seeing a couple different ones showing installation.
Figure might have a few days to study up on.
Thanks

You've already been given a couple of links to my video. Unlike some other installation vids I am not particularly technical, don't have a proper workshop or work for a multirotor building company... :) I just did it on my kitchen table and filmed any bits that I thought were not as clear as they could be from the instructions. Mine worked brilliantly out of the box after I installed it despite all of the above (and having the third one ever delivered I had no other references to go on) so I wouldn't worry too much. (Although I hadn't fitted the damper screws correctly and made an addendum video on the proper way to seat those: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rw5d67pBSU )

Pull_Up said:
I've just seen on their website that they offer one of their other gimbals as a kit build at about $100 discount... If they could offer a discount for a kit on this, then that's getting very, very tempting (still need to factor in shipping, UK VAT @20% and import duty, though, calm yourself).

The question that needs to be answered about both the third-party gimbals, though, is how does having a brushless motor next to one of the wifi antennas on the camera affect range?

Pull_Up, do you recommend have a drink while installing the gimbal?

After being an almost daily visitor to this thread since ordering on 16 April I finally have something to say!
ORDER # xx3143 SHIPPED 21 AUG !!
I've felt like a five year old waiting for Christmas, and the wait has been a little longer than anticipated, but I'm glad Rotorpixel delayed production to incorporate the improvements and provide the best possible product.
Any info on what to expect re delivery to the UK would be great (timescale, customs, VAT etc)
I (almost) feel like shouting YEEE closely followed by HAAA, (maybe on delivery).

Brightsky.

Pinch1020 said:
Pull_Up said:
I've just seen on their website that they offer one of their other gimbals as a kit build at about $100 discount... If they could offer a discount for a kit on this, then that's getting very, very tempting (still need to factor in shipping, UK VAT @20% and import duty, though, calm yourself).

The question that needs to be answered about both the third-party gimbals, though, is how does having a brushless motor next to one of the wifi antennas on the camera affect range?

Depends on whether having a drink steadies your hand or gives you the shakes... ;) I recommend having one on standby to toast completion!

Pinch1020 said:
Pull_Up said:

Depends on whether having a drink steadies your hand or gives you the shakes... ;) I recommend having one on standby to toast completion!

Brightsky said:
After being an almost daily visitor to this thread since ordering on 16 April I finally have something to say!
ORDER # xx3143 SHIPPED 21 AUG !!
I've felt like a five year old waiting for Christmas, and the wait has been a little longer than anticipated, but I'm glad Rotorpixel delayed production to incorporate the improvements and provide the best possible product.
Any info on what to expect re delivery to the UK would be great (timescale, customs, VAT etc)
I (almost) feel like shouting YEEE closely followed by HAAA, (maybe on delivery).

Brightsky.
Expect it to sit in customs for up to 4 working days (unless you're lucky like one user who didn't get any customs charges at all). You'll have to pay 20% VAT plus import duty at around 6% plus the post office handling fee (which depends on how urgent a postal service you chose).

Rotorpixel refunds

Has anyone on here that wanted a refund from Keri, actually received a refund yet. Or is it a case he is getting round to doing it???

postnote said:
Just a pity MotorPixle (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:391130) don't make and supply, there are enough unhappy customers here that would swap.

You do realize that the RotorPixel started as a 3D-printed gimbal, too, right? That's what originally got him into the delivery backlog... he couldn't print fast enough to keep up with demand.

In other words, if DK was actually printing them himself and selling, he'd likely face the same dilemma.

Why not print one yourself? The MotorPixie, by all accounts, is an excellent gimbal and you certainly wouldn't have to continually complain about delivery times or customer service.

I bought a 2D gimbal from them and it is shipping at the moment. Should I expect that in 3 months there will be a 3D gimbal for sale? If so it seems like the same scam Apple and other large companies have with new technology. Every year they get another 400 bucks from each customer.

Guys,

Recieved my RP last week, with new new motors etc.
got it fitted and tried it in the garden and worked fine video is sweet.

Last night went out with it and from when I turned the vision on and the gimbal levels on startup it seems to be pointing down straight away, I go in the app and pull it up but it seems to slowly drop down again by itself and is not level.

Has anyone had this problem? I noticed the button underneath and was wondering if I had pressed that. Is that a reset button?
Don't understand what the problem is as it has been on the table out the way and not been knocked or anything.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Adam

Geert

Will do that when I get in from work, I did do the original settings change as stated in the instructions which worked fine.
Just odd that it has failed like this. I keep you posted what happens

Pull_Up said:
No one who has requested a refund has ever reported not getting it on this forum. Some have reported a delay in it being actioned, some have reported it being done within 24 hours...
How do you know so much about refunds etc, are you anything to do with RP as I have never seen anyone saying they got their deposits back asap???

So...
Confused now... The latest assistant software 3.0
In the Advanced>gimbal. The instructions say to put 0 in the pitch gain box..BUT there's isn't such a thing
The instructions were obviously wrote when the previous software was out.

I set the settings to default to start a fresh and entered the -450 in the pitch centre like it says.
The gimbal still points down and is rolled to the side a couple of degrees off level.

Can anyone who has a RP gimbal kindly connect to v3.0 and post a screen shot of the gimbal settings? Just to see what's not right at my end.

Regards

Adam

Just finished fitting my Hobby King Gimbal to my Phantom FC40.
The Gimbal I bought was a Quanum Q-2D... Cheap as Chips...
The funny thing is it uses the same Controller Board and motors as the Pixie, and works perfectly.
Had a few head scratching moments, like the camera pitching up, instead of down when the pitch control was connected, but was totaly stable when it wasn't connected. Being new to this it took abit of thinking out, but the controller just needed ZERO gain to work properly.

KimBrown said:
Just finished fitting my Hobby King Gimbal to my Phantom FC40.
The Gimbal I bought was a Quanum Q-2D... Cheap as Chips...
The funny thing is it uses the same Controller Board and motors as the Pixie, and works perfectly.
Had a few head scratching moments, like the camera pitching up, instead of down when the pitch control was connected, but was totaly stable when it wasn't connected. Being new to this it took abit of thinking out, but the controller just needed ZERO gain to work properly.
If it was "cheap as chips" then it's almost certainly using a rip-off controller board, not a licenced one. I.e. it's stolen IP. Go and see the price of a licenced SimpleBGC board and decide for yourself if the price you paid means it's genuine. Lookalike stuff is one thing, but stealing other peoples electronics design and ingenuity is quite another... But I'm beginning to suspect it's only me that's bothered on behalf of makers and producers of original stuff. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka