Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

shaun27 said:
Geert said:
shaun27 said:
do we know how RP are doing with they orders are they all most up to date yet

I don't think so but Keri post updates on his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rotorpixel

Geert./.

Thanks Geert

I have just ordered a dronexpert, promised delivery within 2 weeks, they contacted twice within a day to confirm my order and a question. Unlike the rotorpixal thief who after countless emails on various email addresses I have been given for Keritheconman he has still to reply. Even his Facebook updates are few and far between.

If anyone knows Keritheconman please ask him to respond to me.

At least I'll have a gimbal whilst waiting for him to supply mine which I have paid for.

may be call them rotarcon, more apt

DKDarkness said:
Since I did my own gimbal, I am probably going to get flamed for even writing in the special members section. There has been so much hype about the RotorPixel gimbal that no one dares address the problems that any gimbal will encounter, including the RotorPixel. I agree that the RotorPixel website contains no usable information or help.

The RotorPixel uses standard BaseCam controller (from what I have been told, no one has even posted a picture of the controller or other parts). To adjust the controller, you must go to the http://www.basecamelectronics.com/ website and download the 8 bit software, probably the latest version. I am guessing the PID settings for the gimbal are off and need to be adjusted. There is a technical thread about RotorPixel (http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814), where you have to own a RotorPixel gimbal to ask questions. Maybe one of the owners will be kind enough to share their PID settings with you, or even the settings file, so you will be able to use it as a starting point.

Much much hype about the RotorPixel gimbal, more moans I would say. If they ever try bringing another product out I hope we all remember this farce... And shop else where.

cb1 said:
I've had my gimbal for three weeks now. Got the lemon. My gimbal has a severe case of the shakes. I was optimistic when Keri replied to my first e-mail indicating that he thought the problem was minor and he would call me to help me get it up and running. Unfortunately he never called me back and I have tried to contact him through the Rotorpixel e-mail address. My last e-mail was a request for a refund. I think I am now on the junk e-mail list or something.

Just a word of warning. Do not expect to get any technical support for this product. If you have a problem out of the box you are pretty much done for. There is not even anything on the website that lists commonly encountered problems or any literature that would provide any information about how to fix a problem. I see there is a micro USB port on the controller but there is no software downloads on their website either that would allow you to at least attempt a reload of the software.

I looked at the shipping address on the box and looked on google streetview to see what the factory looked like. It ended up being a house in a quite residential cul de sac in an upscale neighborhood.

After months of anticipation and weeks of disappointment, I think I am done. I'll probably write it off as a total loss and stick it in the drawer.

CAVEAT EMPTOR (let the buyer beware)

Good luck to all

So what is RP's address? I want to drop buy to buy a few spare parts and I live near Mississauga. Unfortunately I did not keep the shipping box that the gimbal was mailed to me in that had their mailing address.

Hi EricT, I think earlier in the thread here it mentioned what the make of the controller card was. I'd dig back throu the messages if I was you, eventualy you should find it. Then google it, and there should be the controllers website which should have some info on it. (Or have a look on the controller board and see if there's a name and model number.

I get the feling that these RP people haven't any interest in their customers. I've ordered a gimbal from HobbyKing, but it's taking forever to be delivered.
I think it really is on a slow but from China, but the cost of a faster delivery was going to be quite expencive.

DKDarkness said:
Since I did my own gimbal, I am probably going to get flamed for even writing in the special members section. There has been so much hype about the RotorPixel gimbal that no one dares address the problems that any gimbal will encounter, including the RotorPixel. I agree that the RotorPixel website contains no usable information or help.

The RotorPixel uses standard BaseCam controller (from what I have been told, no one has even posted a picture of the controller or other parts). To adjust the controller, you must go to the http://www.basecamelectronics.com/ website and download the 8 bit software, probably the latest version. I am guessing the PID settings for the gimbal are off and need to be adjusted. There is a technical thread about RotorPixel (http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814), where you have to own a RotorPixel gimbal to ask questions. Maybe one of the owners will be kind enough to share their PID settings with you, or even the settings file, so you will be able to use it as a starting point.

Thanks DKDarkness.

I am going to try and connect the controller to the basecam GUI software and find out what the settings are. Just found out that the connector on the controller is a mini and not a micro USB. "WTF" Now I have to buy another cable.

ProfessorStein said:
I've also been visiting their Facebook page, and have seen updates on a regular basis. If you haven't seen them, don't know what to tell you.

Still no news from ROTORCON, his last post on Facebook a month ago. Still can't believe Keritheconman does not reply to enquiries regarding his product. He now has a very poor reputation worldwide for letting people down, if it where me I'd try and salvage some goodwill, but he is making enough money conning people..... :twisted:

cb1 said:
I am going to try and connect the controller to the basecam GUI software and find out what the settings are. Just found out that the connector on the controller is a mini and not a micro USB. "WTF" Now I have to buy another cable.

If your in the UK, Poundland sell both the mini and the micro leads.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! there a Pound..... :lol:

If anyone reading this received a shipping notification this week, please post the last four numbers of your order here.
Thanks!

DKDarkness said:
That would explain why the last post on their facebook page is nearly a month old (18. july 2014)

So sad.

I expect their are too many customers to count. Keri should be ashamed with the way he is treating people, but no treats us all with contempt, would be so bad if he had an excuse. Wonder if he has bought a new car on our pre-payment or bought his girlfriend an engagement ring....

RPG crash

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Order 3155- still haven't heard anything. I emailed rotorpixel when I first ordered and then again a few weeks later. I've even made a few posts on Facebook asking questions. Not once have I gotten a reply. To say that I'm pissed is an understatement, I planned on being patient... But 4 months?!! At this point I assume production has stopped again. No official updates in a month. Keri answered someone else's post and stated that they were at 3050 as of august 7th... 10 days ago! I'm giving it one more week, after that I'm calling American Express to get my money back. They haven't given me the courtesy of a single response all this time, why would they start now when I ask for a refund. Hope they enjoyed the interest free loans they got from everyone.

Dont hold your breath for a reply. Ive emailed and sent messages on his facebook asking for a refund and have had no answer to either.

Re: RPG crash

I feel your pain

I also flew into a tree limb and almost had the phantom land on a paved driveway luckily it landed in the grass next to it

I had to repair the wiring for the gimbal but it could have been worse

I would like a gimbal like you have(looks great)

Re: RPG crash

Yes, those trees will jump right up and get your quad. I have had two in my yard do just that. Good to read you got yours going again.

rich-s said:
3172 - 20th April. Just asked for refund. Will keep you posted on how long it takes.
Nice one, how can I ask for a refund when Keritheconman won't even answer my most basic of questions. No order number given, but taken my money, no reply to over 8 emails, no end of posts on here about hime and still taken my money, now you say ask for a refund. You really must be having a laugh a bit like Keritheconman!!! :twisted:

Jhm119 said:
Order 3155- still haven't heard anything. I emailed rotorpixel when I first ordered and then again a few weeks later. I've even made a few posts on Facebook asking questions. Not once have I gotten a reply. To say that I'm pissed is an understatement, I planned on being patient... But 4 months?!! At this point I assume production has stopped again. No official updates in a month. Keri answered someone else's post and stated that they were at 3050 as of august 7th... 10 days ago! I'm giving it one more week, after that I'm calling American Express to get my money back. They haven't given me the courtesy of a single response all this time, why would they start now when I ask for a refund. Hope they enjoyed the interest free loans they got from everyone.

Hahaha, join the club, Keritheconman has taken us all for a ride, can we not get some oeranisation to shut his website down for fraudulant trading??

Recieved an email from Keri on the 28th of July telling me they were at #XXXXXX2950 and that I should expect that mine would be ready to send in a couple of weeks.

Not recieved any notification as yet. my number is 3122 so they are not even achieving 100 a week as they claim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl