Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

cavaleiro01 said:
I also got their shipping notification!

3 months ago....

Still no signs of an gimbal coming my way, except for that shipping notification.

If this is true, then you should be in a dialogue with your Mail Carrier Service.... Not Keri and RotorPixel.

I say this because the Mail Carrier CAN NOT issue a "Shipping Notification" to YOU, unless they actually have a Package for you.
(IN THEIR HANDS). So..something is wrong, EITHER, with your "Mail Service" or your "statement".

DID YOU PAY FOR TRACKING?
HAVE YOU OPENED A DIALOGUE TO INVESTIGATE YOUR MAIL CARRIERS FAILURE TO DELIVER YOUR PACKAGE?

I believe your argument is with them....Not Keri or Rotorpixel.

So, you order one item from one supplier, includding postage and packing, the parcel is not delivered and you plan to go and claim it (or blame it) to the postal service, which, by the way, was "hired" by your supplier??? I guess I learn new things every day...

I not sure how it happens in Canada but in the UK, when you post something you can ask for a proof of posting.

This costs nothing and puts the onus if something goes wrong, with the post office (UK postal service).

I would assume that ANY business would do this if the customer has not asked for the expedited service.

If the business does this THEN the issue is with the postal service. If the business does NOT have proof of postage, then the issue is with the business.

Its very simple.

Don't know why I came to think of this...
23719.strip.gif

cavaleiro01 said:
So, you order one item from one supplier, includding postage and packing, the parcel is not delivered and you plan to go and claim it (or blame it) to the postal service, which, by the way, was "hired" by your supplier??? I guess I learn new things every day...

Absolutely I would, That's the place to start....That's who lost it. They couldn't have a tracking number if they didn't have a package to assign it to.
Did you pay for TRACKING for your Gimbal ?

I got my gimbal. Followed the instructions to change the gain settings. Installed the gimbal per instructions. When I power up the Phantom the gimbal goes crazy. It is oscillating all over the place. I straddled the phantom over two shoe boxes so the camera doesn't contact anything. Still the same problem. It randomly vibrates. Tried hitting the reset button on the gimbal control board and it stops momentarily while it resets but then the oscillations start all over again. Any idea what the problem could be?

RCRookie said:
Absolutely I would, That's the place to start....That's who lost it. They couldn't have a tracking number if they didn't have a package to assign it to.

It doesn't matter who lost it or if the buyer paid for tracking. It's the responsibility of the merchant to ensure that an order is delivered.

-- Roger

cb1 said:
I got my gimbal. Followed the instructions to change the gain settings. Installed the gimbal per instructions. When I power up the Phantom the gimbal goes crazy. It is oscillating all over the place. I straddled the phantom over two shoe boxes so the camera doesn't contact anything. Still the same problem. It randomly vibrates. Tried hitting the reset button on the gimbal control board and it stops momentarily while it resets but then the oscillations start all over again. Any idea what the problem could be?

It's probably hitting a cable or something. Even the tiniest hindrance can cause it to act like that. Try to isolate the problem by determining where the sound is coming from.

-- Roger

Power off your battery... Recheck your cable connections, ensure there is an audible click when plugging in the servo cable.
You may need to email Keri if all the connectors are good.

If i'm not mistaken, there was another gimbal several weeks ago that had a very similar
malfunction. Keri did phone tech support, with the customer and corrected it with the software for this alex moss board.
You'd have to go back and review this thread to find it.

jadebox said:
RCRookie said:

It doesn't matter who lost it or if the buyer paid for tracking. It's the responsibility of the merchant to ensure that an order is delivered.

-- Roger
If thats true, then why do the carriers offer "Postal Insurance" , and not the manufacturers or merchant ?

Also, i believe Keri has provided proof TWICE to the customer the package was indeed mailed.

Keri only needs to have the carrier investigate it. Its not his responsibility to replace packages that Mail Carriers lose.
He has to make a claim, and get reimbursed, before a replacement would be sent.

EXACTY WHY the extra cost of "tracking" should be purchased by the consumer, on expensive items.

Normally you would just withhold payment until you have received your ordered goods. Major credit card companies will allow you to be reimbursed and PayPal gives you 45 days to challenge a transaction. In case of pre-ordering and pre-paying goods with a delivery time that exceeds these time limits, you are on your own?
You pay $389 up front for a product
You pay $? for shipping up front
You pay $? for VAT and other import taxes
You then must pay$? extra for the proof that the manufacturer has actually sent you your ordered goods?

I sometimes order things on eBay. I will occasionally get a message from the manufacturer that I must pay an extra $ for tracking, because things get lost in Hongkong customs. I ALLWAYS ignore these extra claims, because PayPal says I should. I'm no legal expert, but I am fairly certain that it is the manufacturers task to prove that a ordered item has been shipped. Of course I could be wrong. Did you or did you not check the box that said "I will accept to be ripped of" when pre-ordering?

To show what I mean, got this mail just now (and this is a really small "company" on eBay) I didn't order tracking, but got the item in the post 3 days ago.
(They also include the text in german and french)
------

Dear *****
Thanks for your purchase from us.
We want to remind you that your orders has been posted 10 days ago.
We estimate you will receive the item within 2-12 days.
We are a serious Ebay Seller here.

If you have any troubles on your orders (Such as something missing in the parcel, item not as our description, item is defective or order still not arrive to you), Please contact us in ebay message box and Don't Open any disputes cases in ebay or paypal.

Our Customer service teams will solve your problem with your satisfied. We guarantee you will not lose any money from our shop and feel satisfied.
Open dispute cases on ebay or paypal will not help to solve the problem.

By the way, Wish you will enjoy our product! This is our pleasure!
Thank you very much
top_rc

DKDarkness said:
Normally you would just withhold payment until you have received your ordered goods. Major credit card companies will allow you to be reimbursed and PayPal gives you 45 days to challenge a transaction. In case of pre-ordering and pre-paying goods with a delivery time that exceeds these time limits, you are on your own?
You pay $389 up front for a product
You pay $? for shipping up front
You pay $? for VAT and other import taxes
You then must pay$? extra for the proof that the manufacturer has actually sent you your ordered goods?

I sometimes order things on eBay. I will occasionally get a message from the manufacturer that I must pay an extra $ for tracking, because things get lost in Hongkong customs. I ALLWAYS ignore these extra claims, because PayPal says I should. I'm no legal expert, but I am fairly certain that it is the manufacturers task to prove that a ordered item has been shipped. Of course I could be wrong. Did you or did you not check the box that said "I will accept to be ripped of" when pre-ordering?

VAT is your own country's tax... Not from Keri
Where is this charge you claim is being levied "To prove the manufacturer actually sent goods ordered"? Thats not been stated anywhere in this thread.

What IS required, for Keri to" replace" a product lost by the mail carrier, is proof from said carrier they are investigating their losing the package.

If a mail service has less than desirable service in a Country that doesnt care about consumer rights thats not Keri's fault.
...All the more reason to pay for insurance and tracking on expensive merchandise as a consumer.
While this particular customer claims to have a "tracking number" he has yet to provide proof of such in this forum, so i dont know.

Although Keri should replace an undelivered item after all investigative attempts to locate it, have been made.

Geert said:
Everything (VAT, tracking cost) is well explained on Rotorpixel website before you place the order.

If you don't agree then don't order. VERY SIMPLE.
Even if you ordered already and change your mind you can always cancel and ask for a refund.
Rotorpixel has a great product, why do some people feel always the need to be so negative?
Specially the ones who don't have this fantastic product do spread bad words.
You can also make your own gimbal and then criticize yourself, here is a great topic to make your own gimbal: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8969#p74875

:)

Geert./.

Be honest Geert, are you sleeping with Keri? :lol:

RCRookie said:
If a mail service has less than desirable service in a Country that doesnt care about consumer rights thats not Keri's fault.
...All the more reason to pay for insurance and tracking on expensive merchandise as a consumer.

It doesn't matter what the customer pays for shipping, the responsibility is with the seller to ensure that the product is delivered. It's the law in the US. I suspect the same is true in Canada. In any case, the credit card company is always going to side with the customer if there's no proof of delivery.

Keri has produced a good product. I'm fortunate to be one of those that received one a while back. But, he's obviously made mistakes like not understanding the rules for mail order marketing.

-- Roger

jadebox said:
It doesn't matter what the customer pays for shipping, the responsibility is with the seller to ensure that the product is delivered. It's the law in the US. I suspect the same is true in Canada. In any case, the credit card company is always going to side with the customer if there's no proof of delivery.

-- Roger

It wasn't stated that this missing package was in the US. So assumptions aside, could you please point me to this "International law" that states a Seller is responsible for any package that is mailed anywhere in the World.
I somehow doubt this is true in every case and every Country. It must be an International treaty.....Right?

I have to believe that's exactly why its recommended to purchase "insurance and or tracking". So these International screw ups are kept to a minimum.

RCRookie said:
It wasn't stated that this missing package was in the US. So assumptions aside, could you please point me to this "International law" that states a Seller is responsible for any package that is mailed anywhere in the World.
I somehow doubt this is true in every case and every Country. It must be an International treaty.....Right?

The seller is in Canada and subject to Canadian laws and regulations. As I stated, I don't know what the rules are there, but they are probably similar to US rules. In any case, as I also stated, it doesn't matter. Any credit card company is going to side with the consumer if the merchant has no proof of delivery.

I have to believe that's exactly why its recommended to purchase "insurance and or tracking". So these International screw ups are kept to a minimum.

If there's a concern, the seller should ship by a method that provides insurance and tracking.

-- Roger

jadebox said:
RCRookie said:

The seller is in Canada and subject to Canadian laws and regulations. As I stated, I don't know what the rules are there, but they are probably similar to US rules. In any case, as I also stated, it doesn't matter. Any credit card company is going to side with the consumer if the merchant has no proof of delivery.

If there's a concern, the seller should ship by a method that provides insurance and tracking.

-- Roger

So this statement: "It doesn't matter what the customer pays for shipping, the responsibility is with the seller to ensure that the product is delivered." is purely speculation on your part, and based SOLELY on American Law.

The vast majoroty of Rotorpixels business is not in Canada, So your entire post is" at best" speculation based on what you know about American Postal Service.

"If there's a concern? ",.... the seller should ship by a method that provides insurance and tracking.

Thats exactly the responsibility of the purchaser not the seller. Every Country's mail carrier service is different, not all provide good honest service. Once a product leaves Canada, Rotorpixel cant be responsible for theft, corruption, or malfeasance of say 3rd world countries where consumers have no rights. EXACTY WHY its the BUYER who should purchase insurance or tracking once the package leaves the Country of origin.

I'm quite sure there is already an "acceptable" minimum insurance required for sellers sending international mail i believe thats called a "waybill", which Rotorpixel has provided already.

Suggesting the Seller be responsible for lost packages in countries where governments donot provide basic mail service, or are inept, outright corrupt, is a ludicrous proposition.

Suggesting the Seller be responsible for lost packages in countries where governments donot provide basic mail service, or are inept, outright corrupt, is a ludicrous proposition.

I'm not playing this game anymore. But, I have to say, congrats. You've taken irony to a new level.

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart