Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

fireye81 said:
Order number 2677 just shipped.now!!! I should be gimbal number 2 of the new injection moulded batch :)

Great to hear! Remember to post lots of pictures, put it on the scales and do a in-depth review! :)

DKDarkness said:
fireye81 said:
Order number 2677 just shipped.now!!! I should be gimbal number 2 of the new injection moulded batch :)

Great to hear! Remember to post lots of pictures, put it on the scales and do a in-depth review! :)

Terje DkDarkness copied rotorpixel's logo and now wants to copy more designs too

karlKarlKarl said:
DKDarkness said:
fireye81 said:

Terje DkDarkness copied rotorpixel's logo and now wants to copy more designs too

LMFAO

karlKarlKarl said:
DKDarkness said:
fireye81 said:

You might want to get up to speed on the MotorPixie 2D/3D projects, before stating more accusations? Let me rephrase that: Get up to speed on the OPEN SOURCE project MotorPixie. I have made all necessary info as well as the actual source files for my designs available to the general public.

You might also start at the very beginning of this thread, and read every post carefully. You will find me asking Keri questions like "are you going to use this and that component?" You might find, that I have delivered more technical insight to making a gimbal for the FC200, than RotorPixel, BEFORE RotorPixel ever released anything. Have a look at the early rotorpixel videos. They hadn't even figured out how to draw power from the FC200 jack...

You might go to rotorpixel. com and read up on the specifications of the rotorpixel gimbal. There is no way anyone who hasn't bought and received the actual gimbal, can have any idea what so ever, how it looks, or what its specifications are, let alone get replacement parts for it. They in fact still are accepting "pre-orders" and showing pictures of their early prototype.

If I am asking for pictures and specifications and in-depth reviews, it is to facilitate the users, who consider buying one. Frankly I couldn't care less.

You might want to get up to speed on the MotorPixie 2D/3D projects, before stating more accusations? Let me rephrase that: Get up to speed on the OPEN SOURCE project MotorPixie. I have made all necessary info as well as the actual source files for my designs available to the general public.

You might also start at the very beginning of this thread, and read every post carefully. You will find me asking Keri questions like "are you going to use this and that component?" You might find, that I have delivered more technical insight to making a gimbal for the FC200, than RotorPixel, BEFORE RotorPixel ever released anything. Have a look at the early rotorpixel videos. They hadn't even figured out how to draw power from the FC200 jack...

You might go to rotorpixel. com and read up on the specifications of the rotorpixel gimbal. There is no way anyone who hasn't bought and received the actual gimbal, can have any idea what so ever, how it looks, or what its specifications are, let alone get replacement parts for it. They in fact still are accepting "pre-orders" and showing pictures of their early prototype.

If I am asking for pictures and specifications and in-depth reviews, it is to facilitate the users, who consider buying one. Frankly I couldn't care less.

Nowhere do you deny copying the logo...

karlKarlKarl said:

Nowhere do you deny copying the logo...

Am I going to get into a heated discussion with a troll specifically created to stir things up? Probably not. This page is from feb 27: https://sites.google.com/site/motorpixi ... s/about-us

Yes, both the logo and name are a pun on RotorPixel. To Kickstart RotorPixel into updating their designs, howto's and overall development. I then realized, they don't care about opensource competition or their customers in general. Kind of takes the fun out of it. I created a 3D gimbal to show RotorPixel that it could be done, and how. Are they going to release a 3D gimbal? Doubtful. And People don't care, it is a case of the emperor's new clothes. And no, I am not going to dignify any of your future posts with an answer.

Dear Terje from Motorpixie,

As the creator of the Rotorpixel logo I would appreciate it if you stopped using it. It was created for Rotorpixel to use, not anyone else. Prove that you can do something original... create your own logo and stop using the one I created.

o3DNB5Y.png

23RXtZO.png

karlKarlKarl said:
As the creator the logo I would appreciate it if you stopped using it. It was created for Rotorpixel to use, not anyone else. Prove that you can do something original... create your own logo and stop using the one I created.

o3DNB5Y.png

23RXtZO.png

KERI!!! Did this gentleman create your logo?

Thanks...
-slinger

Might I suggest that, as DKDarkness is using his "very similar" (I'm not a copyright lawyer, might be infringement, might not) logo for a non-commercial purpose and there is is therefore no intent to pass-off the MotorPixie as the Rotorpixel and there is no (I'm sure) intent to use the logo to defame Rotorpixel or the design rights holder(s) or to profit from any passing off....

..that everyone could be friends again and not have to give lawyers any more money (they don't need it, really) if DKDarkness were to replace the quadcopter element of the logo with a different one, or just a large capital X or something? I know DKDarkness doesn't have to worry about jurisdiction personally, but as the MotorPixie site is hosted by Google it wouldn't be too expensive for a take-down to be issued and Google do it, which would be a shame.

Just trying to mediate... :)

Pull_Up said:
Might I suggest that, as DKDarkness is using his "very similar" (I'm not a copyright lawyer, might be infringement, might not) logo for a non-commercial purpose and there is is therefore no intent to pass-off the MotorPixie as the Rotorpixel and there is no (I'm sure) intent to use the logo to defame Rotorpixel or the design rights holder(s) or to profit from any passing off....

..that everyone could be friends again and not have to give lawyers any more money (they don't need it, really) if DKDarkness were to replace the quadcopter element of the logo with a different one, or just a large capital X or something? I know DKDarkness doesn't have to worry about jurisdiction personally, but as the MotorPixie site is hosted by Google it wouldn't be too expensive for a take-down to be issued and Google do it, which would be a shame.

Just trying to mediate... :)

I was thinking, are RotorPixel going to shut me down with something as trivial as some logo likeness, then they must really be afraid of the competition. Then I thought, do I really want people to mistake me for, or get the impression that I have anything to do with RotorPixel?

I have "updated" my site, the reminiscences of the logo will be removed where ever I find it, so that no one will mistake me or my project for anything remotely associated with RotorPixel. I don't expect RotorPixel to update their site, they are obviously busy with far more important things.
customLogo.gif

DKDarkness said:
I was thinking, are RotorPixel going to shut me down with something as trivial as some logo likeness, then they must really be afraid of the competition. Then I thought, do I really want people to mistake me for, or get the impression that I have anything to do with RotorPixel?

I have "updated" my site, the reminiscences of the logo will be removed where ever I find it, so that no one will mistake me or my project for anything remotely associated with RotorPixel. I don't expect RotorPixel to update their site, they are obviously busy with far more important things.
customLogo.gif

Thank you so much Terje for dignify my posts with an answer. My motive to posting here was to get you to stop using the logo elements that I created for Rotorpixel in your logo. I 100% support Rotorpixel and have been nothing but satisfied with their products. I purchased one of the original gopro gimbals and had amazing success with it. Thank you so much for your understanding Terje...

Best of luck in your future endeavours
laurinaitis.jpg

Terje - don't feed the Troll. This person pops up from time to time and always has some success. First look at his username and then when he joined and his number of posts. A dead give away each time.

On Vacation said:
Terje - don't feed the Troll. This person pops up from time to time and always has some success. First look at his username and then when he joined and his number of posts. A dead give away each time.

I literally just told everyone that I only posted to have him stop using the art I created in his logo...

And now... back to our regularly scheduled program... :D

-slinger

So use a four pointed propeller as a "t" in Motorpixie instead of the X.... No infringement, no one offended... Problem solved!

The Rookie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor