Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

theSelf said:
Hi everyone- I purchased my Rotorpixel Gimbal (in white) April 27, 2014- over 9 weeks ago- (Order Number: #1402073200) and have sent several messages over the last few weeks to them /Keri just to get a simple quick message back to find out what the approximate status of when my gimbal will be shipping- and haven't had a single reply- not cool considering they have our money upfront- just common courtesy to keep people who have been patiently waiting 'in the loop'- maybe I'm using the wrong means of getting touch with them (the main website's contact page- http://www.rotorpixel.com/contact/) - however what's the current average wait time for receiving the gimbal and also what is the best way of contacting Keri/Rotorpixel directly and actually getting a reply?

Thanks for anyone's feedback

Justin

Hi, I´m also in the waiting list with no answer from Rotorpixel, I have written several emails with no answer... I bought mine on April 10, 2014 Order Number 1402073112. and i´m still waiting for it. As you said, just common courtesy to keep people in the loop.
thanks.

Keri is back in full production since parts are now being made with injection molding instead of printing.
When i ordered. There was a check box, that i needed to be patient, i dont know if that statement is still part of the ordering process. But Keri will fill your order eventually.

Those that no longer wish to wait on their, Gimbal can cancel, it may take a few days to get thru.
Ive not heard of anyone that did NOT received their gimbals from him.. Just have to wait. Like we all have.

The Rookie

While patience is a virtue there is a point where you feel like a sucker. I have heard nothing from Keri since April on the gimbal that I ordered and paid for in March. No refund no gimbal no answers. Do business with them at your own risk! I suppose he has enough orders maybe he doesn't care about making people sad but it's just not a nice way to so business.
(Addendum, Keri refunded the full amount, thank you)

hiflyer said:
While patience is a virtue there is a point where you feel like a sucker. I have heard nothing from Keri since April on the gimbal that I ordered and paid for in March. No refund no gimbal no answers. Do business with them at your own risk! I suppose he has enough orders maybe he doesn't care about making people sad but it's just not a nice way to so business.

You are right about his business practices concerning the complet lack of customer service.
However,... I'm sure he will respond to a cancellation request eventually.

Sorry you are not able to get thru.
My only suggestion would be to keep trying his website.

The Rookie

Rotorpixel are not hot on customer communication. They are hot on making a quality product and have not hesitated to halt production in order to fix issues, improve parts, etc, etc. It's a company led by engineers, not marketers and salespeople. That has negative impacts in some respects, very positive ones in others. Having had my Vision and Rotorpixel come tumbling 90ft down the top of a tree it got stuck in last week I can attest for the construction of the gimbal... not a scratch, not a bend, not a break. Not sure any of the cheaper plastic gimbals (some partly cheaper because they use stolen IP by fitting knock-off SimpleBGC controller boards) could have fared quite so well. That's got to be down to the engineering ethos they have... and the price for that in this case is less than stellar "customer care".

Having said that, no one who has requested a refund has not got their money back as far as I'm aware (and FYI Keri's other business has a multi-million dollar turnover and great credit ratings - he's not about to disappear off to Mexico with a suitcase full of gimbal cash). Also no one who has contacted them with post-delivery issue has not been dealt with.

The last statement from them I saw said when their injection-moulded parts arrive (due last week) they would have enough to clear almost their entire backlog of gimbals...

RCRookie said:
Keri is back in full production since parts are now being made with injection molding instead of printing.
When i ordered. There was a check box, that i needed to be patient, i dont know if that statement is still part of the ordering process. But Keri will fill your order eventually.

Those that no longer wish to wait on their, Gimbal can cancel, it may take a few days to get thru.
Ive not heard of anyone that did NOT received their gimbals from him.. Just have to wait. Like we all have.

The Rookie

Friends, I think you're not reading posts for the latest threads, surely!

I must be the first one that didn't receive Rotorpixel's gimbal, then....

By the way, I challenge anyone that did receive their gimbals during last two or three weeks, to come here and confirm they've actually received their gimbal....

No one, right?

Strange, very strange....

Or not so strange...

Friends, I think you're not reading posts for the latest threads, surely!

I must be the first one that didn't receive Rotorpixel's gimbal, then....

By the way, I challenge anyone that did receive their gimbals during last two or three weeks, to come here and confirm they've actually received their gimbal....

No one, right?

Strange, very strange....

Or not so strange...

There were production delays, that was confirmed from Rotorpixel.
If you believe your Gimbal was shipped. You should have a tracking number.

If you do, and it never arrived. That's not Keri's fault. The postal carrier cant assign a tracking number without a package to assign it to. Contact your mail carrier office to track it.

If you are waiting on Keri to cancel your order...Keep trying. I know of NO ONE that ordered and did not receive one (albeit after a lengthy wait) and I know of NO ONE that cancelled and did not get their money refunded.

If you know differently...please say so.

The Rookie

I did get a refund from Keri at Rotorpixel, I'm sure the gimbal would have been great but I don't need it. He is not the most responsive but he's honest. Thank you Keri

posted on facecrap.

ROTORPIXEL It's not too rude a question at all! It is, however, too difficult a question to answer. We're commencing shipping units out this week, and will be shipping every week moving forward, at a much higher rate than before.
Like · 1 · 8 July at 17:14

they really are taking the piss.

and you guys really are in denial.

RamDez said:
posted on facecrap.

ROTORPIXEL It's not too rude a question at all! It is, however, too difficult a question to answer. We're commencing shipping units out this week, and will be shipping every week moving forward, at a much higher rate than before.
Like · 1 · 8 July at 17:14

they really are taking the piss.

and you guys really are in denial.

Speak for yourself....I am not in denial. I have a fully functioning Rotorpixel that has worked flawlessly from day 1. I guess you missed out on the "patience is a virtue" gene in your DNA. :lol:

Apart from the Facebook posts explaining the halt in production to go injection moulded, and the one to say they now have enough parts to clear the backlog and are now resuming construction with weekly shipping of units in bulk...

I get the annoyance, I really do. But if you're that bothered just vote with your wallet, get a refund, then don't stress. :) Once they clear the backlog you could buy again and get it within a week or so...

Pull up...easier said than done...considering all the posts people have posted on FB and on this site regarding their request for their refund going unanswered. Seems as if people have emailed with no replies and are banging their heads against the wall! Pretty unethical practice if you ask me. However, if you're one of the first to get the gimbal and all is good, why not continue to be a promoter of it. Granite the product maybe good but, only if you have it.

Diner21959 said:
Pull up...easier said than done...considering all the posts people have posted on FB and on this site regarding their request for their refund going unanswered. Seems as if people have emailed with no replies and are banging their heads against the wall! Pretty unethical practice if you ask me. However, if you're one of the first to get the gimbal and all is good, why not continue to be a promoter of it. Granite the product maybe good but, only if you have it.

No one who originally claimed that Rotorpixel did not refund their money has continued to substantiate the claim.
Keri may be slow, but he WILL refund your money.
If you know of such a person who Keri has refused to refund...please post the info here.

You sign an agreement to be patient (I waited 3.5 months). 'If'.... at a later date, you decide you no longer wish to be patient, then by all means, submit your request for a refund, I'm sure Keri will honor your request.... Which, unfortunately, brings me back to my opening statement.

There is always the Taco Gimbal or the Banggood... if you need a gimbal "quick quick" got to have it.

RCRookie said:
Diner21959 said:

No one who originally claimed that Rotorpixel did not refund their money has continued to substantiate the claim.
Keri may be slow, but he WILL refund your money.
If you know of such a person who Keri has refused to refund...please post the info here.

You sign an agreement to be patient (I waited 3.5 months). 'If'.... at a later date, you decide you no longer wish to be patient, then by all means, submit your request for a refund, I'm sure Keri will honor your request.... Which, unfortunately, brings me back to my opening statement.

There is always the Taco Gimbal or the Banggood... if you need a gimbal "quick quick" got to have it.

I am also waiting on mine. I get excited just thinking about it showing up on my doorstep. I said I would be patient and I am. I am happy that Rotorpixel is taking their time to come out with a better product than what I bought. I trust that Rotorpixel will exceed their customer's expectations with the quality of their new gimbal.

If I wanted a gimbal now I would have ordered something else.
If anyone doesn't have the patience then they have the right to a refund. They will get that.

It's not worth bashing a company who is doing everything it can to come out with a quality product.

The choice is yours. It's very simple.

I for one am super excited! :D

does anyone know if rotorpixel have started shipping again yet. I did order one way back but when they first came out but cancelled do to the back log and yes I did get a refund. am going to reorder as soon as they catch up

shaun27 said:
does anyone know if rotorpixel have started shipping again yet. I did order one way back but when they first came out but cancelled do to the back log and yes I did get a refund. am going to reorder as soon as they catch up

No shipping for over one month, as far as I know...

Been waiting since 16 th of March here , hope it soon says swooosch and they´ll send out 200 units.
Missed my window taking my Pv2 with RP going to Croatia next week been looking forward for that since Pre-orders came online.
Come Keri lets at least get some shipping info ! ! !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart