Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

EricT said:
I ordered and received the RPG.....the accessories bag (which is opaque not clear) has black thumb screws in it even though I ordered and received the white version of the RPG. Is this normal or did they pack the wrong accessories bag?

Wow...I just noticed, Ive got white thumbscrews , and I ordered a black Gimbal.

I was 463...maybe we got switched.

RCRookie said:
EricT said:
I ordered and received the RPG.....the accessories bag (which is opaque not clear) has black thumb screws in it even though I ordered and received the white version of the RPG. Is this normal or did they pack the wrong accessories bag?

I was #621.....they must be putting the accessory bags in the shipments without double checking......was your accessory bag opaque like a green garbage bag material and not clear so you can see the contents without opening it?

I am #637..we should be getting our emails shortly..it's been a long wait , I ordered back in February and am quiet anxious to get the email now..so near but so far..I keep checking my phone for emails.nothing yet..I've been patient enough, but have to say..extremely fidgety at the moment :D

Ranger003 said:
ROTORPIXEL
April 30
Good news, everyone! Since our last update, 11 days ago, we have shipped out over 100 gimbals! We've now shipped out up to order # XXXXXX2625, and are still moving as fast as we can."

This is from Rotorpixels facebook site.

My order is Rotorpixel: New Order Confirmed #1402072653.

My math is that 653 - 625 = 28 and I have not received my notification yet and I only live 1 hr. from Toronto.
Has anyone received notification around or beyond #653? I'm just wondering if I should be emailing Keri.

EricT said:
RCRookie said:
EricT said:

I was #621.....they must be putting the accessory bags in the shipments without double checking......was your accessory bag opaque like a green garbage bag material and not clear so you can see the contents without opening it?

Keri answered my email very quickly. "Unfortunately, the thumbscrews are not part of the colour scheme.
We've changed the design of the thumbscrews a few times now, in addition to a few other design aspects. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I've been a guest until now since I got a P2V back in November. I ordered an RPG after learning a lot about the pros and cons of various gimbal solutions from you guys. Special thanks to Geert and Pull_Up. I've been using software to smooth out my video up until a couple of days ago. The RPG installed extremely smoothly (thanks to the tips) and has performed very well out of the box. Video quality has improved dramatically. From my perspective, it was worth the wait for the RPG. Easy for me to say now that I have one. The RPG build quality seems very good. My way of gaining the extra 20mm of ground clearance which I wanted for the camera is as follows: standard Lego blocks clip on to thin Lego plates that are tied to the landing gear at each of the corner foot pads; after using the P2V, simply unclipping the 2 blocks at each corner allows the P2V to still fit in its travel case.

JQQ_Jr said:
I've been a guest until now since I got a P2V back in November. I ordered an RPG after learning a lot about the pros and cons of various gimbal solutions from you guys. Special thanks to Geert and Pull_Up. I've been using software to smooth out my video up until a couple of days ago. The RPG installed extremely smoothly (thanks to the tips) and has performed very well out of the box. Video quality has improved dramatically. From my perspective, it was worth the wait for the RPG. Easy for me to say now that I have one. The RPG build quality seems very good. My way of gaining the extra 20mm of ground clearance which I wanted for the camera is as follows: standard Lego blocks clip on to thin Lego plates that are tied to the landing gear at each of the corner foot pads; after using the P2V, simply unclipping the 2 blocks at each corner allows the P2V to still fit in its travel case.

Some pictures would be helpful as I am looking into a similar solution as I go to install my RPG and have a GoProfessional carrying case. Thx.

Hello Guys, I've been following this thread since Feb2014 and since i found out about RPG. Now, i signed up just to give an update regarding shipments. I am happy to say that I just received a shipping notification from Rotorpixel, my order# is xxxxxxx661.

Thank you for your order from Rotorpixel Shop! We wanted to let you know that your order (#1402072633) was shipped via Canada Post, Tracked Packet - USA on 5/10/2014

MarkMooney said:
Thank you for your order from Rotorpixel Shop! We wanted to let you know that your order (#1402072633) was shipped via Canada Post, Tracked Packet - USA on 5/10/2014

Your order #1402072633 should arrive soon as my order was #1402072621 and I received it May 2nd, notified of the shipment April 30th. I live near Keri, hence the short delivery time frame.

Many Thanks to Rotorpixel #637 shipping email received..can't wait to get her fitted up and start shooting awesome video ...Good things really do come to those who wait :mrgreen:

Personally I dont mind seeing a bit of props - it gives it that proper flying look but I know the "purists" dont like it, but like it myself !

;)

Maybe its just me but the video on his ipad was shite !! lol

Dont think Rotorpixel will have too many sleepless nights with this as competition :D

Edim0815 said:
Hello Guys, I've been following this thread since Feb2014 and since i found out about RPG. Now, i signed up just to give an update regarding shipments. I am happy to say that I just received a shipping notification from Rotorpixel, my order# is xxxxxxx661.

Is yours #......73661 or 72661. I ordered mine on April 21st #...73193, and not received a notification of shipment yet.

Geert said:
Several people asked me if the props are visible in the video with a Rotorpixel gimbal.
The answer is YES and NO.
In normal conditions you will not see any props (if you follow the installation instructions from Rotorpixel).
In extreme conditions such as full speed or a hard turn, then you will see the props.
So it depends on how you fly your P2V.

In this video you see the props for a moment around 00:20 when I go full speed ahead.

Geert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73cGR2gp5c[/youtube]

Are you using youtube stabilization or another software stabilizer? The clouds always give it away in post. I still can't get the jello out of mine (fast flight and windy conditions) and have basically given up. On the plus side the gimbal has made my stills better. Was it worth $409 for better stills? Meh, live and learn...

No jello issues on mine. Check yours carefully for anything binding, wires, etc, particularly the tilt servo wire that could get bound up and transfer vibration past the dampers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor