Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

On Vacation said:
Your not alone with this dilemma. I received my gimbal on Mar 21 but it was defective straight from the box. I was promised the replacement part would be sent on Apr 06 but it still has not arrived.
This is astonishing - it just does not make any sense to me that people actually want to buy a product from a company who treats it's customers like this. There have been many other reports of appalling customer service and it is almost beyond belief that Rotorpixel's reputation is not in tatters !

Seahorse said:
Perhaps that is because those of us who have received one that works just fine are not posting. Whiners however... :idea:
My post wasn't meant to be a whine but I can see how it reads that way. I guess I meant it more as a warning of the frustration you might encounter if one day you require a replacement part from Rotorpixel. I still have faith that one day I will get my part.

kloader said:
Gear extension made from a conventional RC heli training kit to give the Rotorpixel gimbal equipped camera ground clearance. Light weight, and easily removable when I want to put the Phantom in a case.

I like the look of that! Do you think the balls add noticeable air resistance? Got a link for that kit?

I used the cheap and cheerful tip offered here, and used a candle to bend two segments from a white plastic hanger. I've found I can mount them on the side of the legs, and rotate them out of the way so the PV fits in my Lowepro backpack.

tubino said:
kloader said:
Gear extension made from a conventional RC heli training kit to give the Rotorpixel gimbal equipped camera ground clearance. Light weight, and easily removable when I want to put the Phantom in a case.

I like the look of that! Do you think the balls add noticeable air resistance? Got a link for that kit?

I used the cheap and cheerful tip offered here, and used a candle to bend two segments from a white plastic hanger. I've found I can mount them on the side of the legs, and rotate them out of the way so the PV fits in my Lowepro backpack.

Cool idea... Pix? :D

Thanks...
-slinger

On Vacation said:
Seahorse said:
Perhaps that is because those of us who have received one that works just fine are not posting. Whiners however... :idea:
My post wasn't meant to be a whine but I can see how it reads that way. I guess I meant it more as a warning of the frustration you might encounter if one day you require a replacement part from Rotorpixel. I still have faith that one day I will get my part.
Having waited for months for a product to arrive, then to find it defective and then waiting 6 weeks for replacement parts that still have not arrived would certainly make me whine !

Since installing the RP gimbal the other day (which I must say is working beautifully), I've been looking for a practical detachable landing gear extension solution so that I can easily pack it up and fit everything easily back into the carry case.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I had a brainwave tonight - clothes pegs! The ones we have fit rather tight onto the legs and, conveniently, the clothes peg teeth on one side slot into the landing gear groove. They are also very light.

Testing this (by shaking it around on the bench) seems to confirm that this solution will be surprisingly steady. It might look a bit uncool but it works! It should be quite good for launching but I'll probably stick with catching the craft at landing time.
P1060405.jpg

ewee1952 said:
Since installing the RP gimbal the other day (which I must say is working beautifully), I've been looking for a practical detachable landing gear extension solution so that I can easily pack it up and fit everything easily back into the carry case.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I had a brainwave tonight - clothes pegs! The ones we have fit rather tight onto the legs and, conveniently, the clothes peg teeth on one side slot into the landing gear groove. They are also very light.

Testing this (by shaking it around on the bench) seems to confirm that this solution will be surprisingly steady. It might look a bit uncool but it works! It should be quite good for launching but I'll probably stick with catching the craft at landing time.
P1060405.jpg

You need DJI stickers on those clothes pegs... :D

pault said:
On Vacation said:
Seahorse said:
Having waited for months for a product to arrive, then to find it defective and then waiting 6 weeks for replacement parts that still have not arrived would certainly make me whine !

I have to agree, and I don't blame him for being upset.

jwuman said:
I'm having some issues with the RPG shaking....anybody have similar issues?,, if so, how to remedy?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZrRg13QWBQ[/youtube]

Does it shake all the time while powered up, or just when it's position is restricted by contact with ground surface or where ever it is sitting?
If it is shaking any time it is powered up, then there is something holding it from where the gimbal wants to settle in at level. Most likely a tight wire or harness. Make sure there are no restrictions and that it moves freely. Also, make sure it is not way out of balance because that might cause it to shake also, especially when combined with wire binding. Anything that restricts it's movement can cause it to shake.

BigSky said:
jwuman said:
I'm having some issues with the RPG shaking....anybody have similar issues?,, if so, how to remedy?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZrRg13QWBQ[/youtube]

Does it shake all the time while powered up, or just when it's position is restricted by contact with ground surface or where ever it is sitting?
If it's doing it all the time, then there is something holding it from where it wants to settle in, probably a tight wire or harness. Make sure there are no restrictions and that it moves freely. Also, make sure it is not way out of balance because that might cause it to shake also, especially when combined with wire binding. Anything that restricts it's movement can cause it to shake.

Thanks, it only did it while i was airborne, then subsided, i flew over towards where i was standing and looked it over while hovering at about 8 feet high,,,didnt see anything restricting it,,but i landed, checked wires and looked for any restrictions, didnt see anything, took off again and noticed it was still doing it, when its on the ground and static it is o.k., i did notice the connector between the RPG and the P2V was tight under the alum, center bracket on the RPG, & when i de-installed the RPG from the dampers that connector came completely loose,i reconnected and taped them together, then moved it over out from being sandwiched, other than that, i am thinking the last crash may have done some internal damage to the RPG, i will test some more and see if it happens again, balance seems good, but i may try to re-balance as well before the next test flight...the intial 3 flights (post crash) with the RPG were good, no issues.

EricT said:
I just received notification that my RPG has been shipped......I was order #621. I should have it in a few days as I live just NE of Toronto which is about a 30 minute drive from Keri's location in Mississauga.

Okay, as I stated, I received my ship notification last Wednesday evening (April 30th), and then left for the cottage the next morning (May 1st). Arrived home today (Sunday) and the RPG had been delivered on Friday (May 2nd)....but as I pointed out, I live only about 30 minutes from Keri so that is not surprising. I know what I am doing this coming week once I have finished a bathroom renovation. Hopefully all will go well with the RPG install and I can post some nice stable video!

Really? What's you're order number - as at 1st May they had shipped up to order # XXXXXX2625 per their Facebook page, and they are moving out between 50 and 100 per week. What were your emails about and how many have you sent?

As has been said before Keri is rather well known in the world of dive photography and through his other company ReefNet - would be rather stupid to scam people with your real name, address and public profile and have your entire livelihood go up in smoke. Just sayin'.

Pull_Up said:
Really? What's you're order number - as at 1st May they had shipped up to order # XXXXXX2625 per their Facebook page, and they are moving out between 50 and 100 per week. What were your emails about and how many have you sent?

As has been said before Keri is rather well known in the world of dive photography and through his other company ReefNet - would be rather stupid to scam people with your real name, address and public profile and have your entire livelihood go up in smoke. Just sayin'.

I totally agree with Pull_Up's comments.....I ordered too long ago to remember and I got my RPG notification of shipment last week and it was delivered Friday. I was order #621.....Keri's admin and communication skills are not the strongest but I guess I would rather he be manufacturing more RPG's and shipping rather than answering emails. I just picked up a DJI H3-2D for my son as he has a Flamewheel F550 and the Hero 3 camera. Cost him more than my RPG but that was his choice. Still not able to install my RPG as the bathroom reno is not done and the wife has structured my priorities. :roll:

Ok, so I just received two emails from Keri, so all is better. Seriously there was a month of no communication from him, 3-4 emails, so you can see the concern for mischief. I'm still holding strong to see my order 3008 ship someday. Yes fulfill orders, but part of business is customer support. You cannot just take people's money and ship whenever and not communicate with the people who have given you money. I'm trusting these posts and words from other. Now I have some sort of reply from the company so I can trust that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl