Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

gpauk said:
pyrophantom said:
fair dinkum !

I love those old Somerset sayings.... :D

Is it an old somerset saying ?? lol......im from the North East dammit my finest mackem has been poisoned !!

:shock:

Pull_Up said:
I had an issue with my Vision once way back before I put the gimbal on where it started to circle in the hover during my initial check. Brought it down twice and recalibrated and it did the same. Tried one more time but this time instead of spinning it around holding from above just above the ground I grabbed the skids and turned myself around with the aircraft held in front if me. All was then perfect. It's now my preferred calibration method for the odd times that I do recalibrate because it's also much easier to see the indicator lights...

But I also recalibrate after new firmware or after adding or removing any hardware from the Vision (gimbal, Flytrex, etc).

Don't forget there's also such a thing as a good calibration technique but done in a bad place (unknown to you) so try doing it elsewhere.

I'm going to need a video.

Well I installed my Rotorpixal today and ran a test flight. WoW! No comparison. We had a strong and steady wind of around 20~25mph. I'm watching the craft and it's fighting like crazy. Bobbing, weaving etc. I look at the preview screen and it so steady! I had already watched pull-up's video and with the instructions the install was a breeze. I spent some time balancing it and headed to the field. Did the compass calibration and mostly kept it close and fairly low. I wanted to make sure the added gimbal didn't interfere with signals etc. I got 15 1/2 minutes from full charge to 18%. I suspect with calmer winds it might add a minute or two.

I have several videos I made before that now I want to remake!

I bought the P2V in January. Had the lake mishap in March. Now, new camera and added gimbal and it's awesome as ever!

Geo

Geoelectro said:
Well I installed my Rotorpixal today and ran a test flight. WoW! No comparison. We had a strong and steady wind of around 20~25mph. I'm watching the craft and it's fighting like crazy. Bobbing, weaving etc. I look at the preview screen and it so steady! I had already watched pull-up's video and with the instructions the install was a breeze. I spent some time balancing it and headed to the field. Did the compass calibration and mostly kept it close and fairly low. I wanted to make sure the added gimbal didn't interfere with signals etc. I got 15 1/2 minutes from full charge to 18%. I suspect with calmer winds it might add a minute or two.

I have several videos I made before that now I want to remake!

I bought the P2V in January. Had the lake mishap in March. Now, new camera and added gimbal and it's awesome as ever!

Geo

Awesome Geo!

Still waiting on mine,
From what I understand pull-ups videos help the most......
Does he have a you tube page or are they just posted somewhere in the300 plus pages?
Would some one mind sharing pull-up videos with me that you would recommend watching before installing.
I am sure they are other helpful videos out there as well.
Thanks a bunches....happy flying!!

I just copied this great idea. The only difference is that I put mine on the side so I can rotate them up so the unit still fits in a Lowepro 450. I think the friction is enough to keep them from slipping, but if that proves to be a problem, I'll make a set that goes on the INSIDE, with enough length to clear the camera and gimbal. Thanks for this cheap simple solution!

BigSky said:
Hey Guys and Gals.
For anyone interested in extensions for their landing gears, I made these little legs from one of those cheap white coat hangers and tied them on with 2 zip ties. I made these in 5 minutes and zero cost. I flattened the bottom where they meet the stock skid so they don't rotate out of position. You can bend the coat hangers easily with just a little heat from a lighter.
I hope some of you can use this idea. extensions are 1" long, and I may shorten them with wire cutter to 3/4". They work excellent, and they are super light weight. If you want, you can turn them 180 degrees and they will be skids like the original. I will be making another set to look like the original skids.

unnamed.jpg

Al Patterson said:
Still waiting on mine,
From what I understand pull-ups videos help the most......
Does he have a you tube page or are they just posted somewhere in the300 plus pages?
Would some one mind sharing pull-up videos with me that you would recommend watching before installing.
I am sure they are other helpful videos out there as well.
Thanks a bunches....happy flying!!

Hello. My channel's here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen

There's a few vids on Rotorpixel, including install (with addendum), balancing and some sample flight vids. Also various other bits. All made on the kitchen table and liked by some, loathed by others! :)

pabling said:
Hi! I just cancelled my order,. How many time to refund the money? Any problem to do it?

OT, but I also requested a cancellation. Original email on the 14th, second request on the 18th, a web contact form on the 22nd, all with no response. My next step is to file a claim with my credit card. I understand busy, but to not respond when cancellations are indicated to refund "usually process it within 24 hours". It's been almost 2 weeks, let's say 9 business days if you want to exclude weekends. Oh well. Citibank will refund me, it's just a shame it has to be like this.

Hey, any of you recently attempt to cancel your order with rotorpixel? I have emailed them three times in the last five days, but no response.

I had a complete failure of my P2V, flying at over 350 AGL. Now it is a pile of broken parts. I need to rebuild it and I don’t have the funds to both purchase your gimbal and repair the many broken parts.

One of the motors appear to have just cut out at that altitude.

I called AMEX, they said no pending credit and suggested I just dispute the charge. I don't want to do that, in case it causes Kari and Rotorpixel more headaches.

After four messages, I finally today got an email from RP stating that they were processing refunds in batches. So it looks like he is catching up with the requests. Good to see it didn't require involving the banks...

pault said:
I get the distinct impression that rp do not read this thread regularly - someone should tip them off as it is not doing their excellent reputation any good.

Unfortunately it appears the RP may have bought into the idea that garbage, spamming, data mining, privacy invading sites like Facebook are an appropriate way to communicate with their customers.

News to the business world:

Most people do not use "social media" junk sites like Facebook. While trolling "social media" sites may be a viable way to advertise to a larger audience, they are NOT an appropriate way to communicate anything of importance to your CUSTOMERS. The only appropriate methods for communicating with your actual customers are by phone/email or notices posted on your company's web site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka