Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

well at this rate I don't think I will get mine in time for my birthday may 3 and I am order number 983.

KG4MXV said:
well at this rate I don't think I will get mine in time for my birthday may 3 and I am order number 983.

I ordered the end of the day about 6 pm CST the first day of preorder. I'm hoping for a shipping notification today.
Alternatively, Pull_Up ordered his the same day (early UK) and hes had his for a month now. So May might not be possible unless Keri ramps up like he says...And I suspect that would need to be one hell of a ramp up.

I received my gimbal today, have it installed and fired up. I am getting a No SD Card message. Card is readable in my Mac, pulled all prior images off and deleted them.

Rebooted camera by reseting settings, no luck
restarted P2V, no luck
many insert and reinsert of card, no luck

any ideas or others who had this issue after install?

Thanks,

Al

RCRookie said:
So much for the ramp up.....No shipping notifications at all today...at least not reported in here. :cry:

The lack of any info - on shipping, install issues, settings.... is a bit sad. You might think RP would have learnt the value of communicating by now.....

Al_M said:
I received my gimbal today, have it installed and fired up. I am getting a No SD Card message. Card is readable in my Mac, pulled all prior images off and deleted them.

Rebooted camera by reseting settings, no luck
restarted P2V, no luck
many insert and reinsert of card, no luck

any ideas or others who had this issue after install?

Thanks,

Al

Solved problem,

I initially went out with my nexus 7 which I have not used in a while because my phone bat. was low. With Moto X SD card is OK, so it is issue with Nexus.

Now out to fly.

gfredrone said:
F6Rider said:
gfredrone said:
You guys are flying like a bunch of grandmas. Flying Ms Daisy. Maybe this is my jello problem. I need to get out of the jet stream and slow down a bit but where's the fun. I want a stabilized image going 40 mph at 400 ft.
If that's your idea of fun then go for it, but at 40mph you have very little reaction time for that Opps moment. With only about 40 flights I am in no hurry to screw up and trash my Vision, I wonder how many near misses you have had? crash's, tip overs? or other less fun things. I for one cannot afford to replace this thing, being retired I can't just throw $1300 out the window thank you very much, if you can then more power to you.

Zero near misses, tip overs, etc. Still on the original props without a nick on them. I fly large tracts of land and need to get up over the tree line so there are not many opportunities for near misses or oops moments. I also have the need to go full stick forward to film as much property in the shortest amount of time possible. I have 3 batteries so that's about 45 minutes of footage per outing. On my last trip to the field, out of 45 minutes of video I have about 3 minutes of smooth video, all below the tree line. I was hoping for a smoother image flying these big land tracts but think I expected too much. Probably not the gimbals fault but the violent counter actions the P2V is making trying to remain stable itself sending large vibrations through the dampers to the gimbal and camera. A third axis and some prop balancing may help some but I think the P2V was built for the hobbyist in thier backyard tooling around and not as a professional aerial video/photo platform. Lesson learned!
There is always the S1000 to consider, I am sure that would fit the bill, but 3 times the price. Big tracks of land huh, I wish, I have to drive some distance for that, most I can get is 3/4 mile or so, so if I go hell for leather I across to the other side in no time at all. Going camping at Lake Tahoe soon and there is lots of room, as well as nice scenery up there. DJI did state that the P2V was a hobbyist copter out of the box, if you want professional you will need to step up to an S800 or S1000 and hang a DSLR under it.

Geert said:
F6Rider said:
OK, got my Gimbal installed yesterday and went for a test flight this morning early as I had other things demanding my time today. I set the thumbscrews at 6 full turns after marking them. Checked to insure no wires were pinched, checked the balance, all good so away I went.
Please dis-regard the prop shadow as the sun was still low, and I left a big greasy finger print on the lens (one more thing for my checklist) I do a full power lift with a pause at about 10' to check for stabilized hover, then do a fly around, almost got taken out by a few Geese. Here is the overly long video (it was almost 40 minutes so count your luck :lol: )

http://youtu.be/dLsF1OIYw7o

PS which darn code do you use between the 'youtube' tags to embed the video, think I tried them all with no luck

Smooth video !
Well done.

I noticed in your video that your camera is touching the ground before take off. Your camera is trying to point downwards but it cannot. You see the knicks just before you take off.
I had this problem too. I changed the original black landing pads. I made 4 soft landing pads out of rubber , height is about 0.7 cm.
That gives the camera just that extra space it needs for not touching anything.

Geert.

Good idea, I did notice the camera trying to level itself while sitting on the case. I have some pvc rings for feet but am still looking for something better. Hey Geert, I did notice that when I first fired it up sitting on the case and after it got GPS lock on take off it was not stable, it circled in a 5' radius. I thought it might be the metal case, or some of the stuff in it so that is why it was sitting on the ground. From there it stabilized fine so it must have been the case.

PS - Geert, sind Sie deutsch?

F6Rider said:
Geert said:
F6Rider said:
OK, got my Gimbal installed yesterday and went for a test flight this morning early as I had other things demanding my time today. I set the thumbscrews at 6 full turns after marking them. Checked to insure no wires were pinched, checked the balance, all good so away I went.
Please dis-regard the prop shadow as the sun was still low, and I left a big greasy finger print on the lens (one more thing for my checklist) I do a full power lift with a pause at about 10' to check for stabilized hover, then do a fly around, almost got taken out by a few Geese. Here is the overly long video (it was almost 40 minutes so count your luck :lol: )

http://youtu.be/dLsF1OIYw7o

PS which darn code do you use between the 'youtube' tags to embed the video, think I tried them all with no luck

Smooth video !
Well done.

I noticed in your video that your camera is touching the ground before take off. Your camera is trying to point downwards but it cannot. You see the knicks just before you take off.
I had this problem too. I changed the original black landing pads. I made 4 soft landing pads out of rubber , height is about 0.7 cm.
That gives the camera just that extra space it needs for not touching anything.

Geert.

Good idea, I did notice the camera trying to level itself while sitting on the case. I have some pvc rings for feet but am still looking for something better. Hey Geert, I did notice that when I first fired it up sitting on the case and after it got GPS lock on take off it was not stable, it circled in a 5' radius. I thought it might be the metal case, or some of the stuff in it so that is why it was sitting on the ground. From there it stabilized fine so it must have been the case.

PS - Geert, sind Sie deutsch?
Which update are you using? If it's 3.0, that would likely be the cause of the instability.

gpauk said:
RCRookie said:
So much for the ramp up.....No shipping notifications at all today...at least not reported in here. :cry:

The lack of any info - on shipping, install issues, settings.... is a bit sad. You might think RP would have learnt the value of communicating by now.....

I am thinking anyone who has ordered and waited your order .They will be expected longer time twice from Rotopixel's delivery schedule !!

From RP Facebook group
Happy Easter! Friday April 18th and Monday April 21st are holidays here in Canada for most people (including our postal service), but we're continuing to work through the weekend to get another batch of 50-70 gimbals assembled, tested, and boxed up.

We should be able to ship out up to around order # XXXXXX520 by the beginning of the week, and another batch should go out the door should go out the door on Friday as well, taking us close to order # XXXXXXXX600.

AndySwe said:
From RP Facebook group
Happy Easter! Friday April 18th and Monday April 21st are holidays here in Canada for most people (including our postal service), but we're continuing to work through the weekend to get another batch of 50-70 gimbals assembled, tested, and boxed up.

We should be able to ship out up to around order # XXXXXX520 by the beginning of the week, and another batch should go out the door should go out the door on Friday as well, taking us close to order # XXXXXXXX600.

Thanks AndySwe ...understandable it is a good news.

Well... Atleast an update has been posted... Maybe not here, but i'll take what i can get.
Unfortunatley, i'm not a farcebook user. So i must rely on the grapevine for updates from Rotorpixel.

The Rookie

Well its there for all to see, so those waiting in 500 and 600 land should be hearing soon !!

;)

It is much easier for the Facebook member to edit and monitor external inputs posted...
But many are piled up to go out soon...

RCRookie said:
Well... Atleast an update has been posted... Maybe not here, but i'll take what i can get.
Unfortunatley, i'm not a farcebook user. So i must rely on the grapevine for updates from Rotorpixel.

The Rookie

Attachments

• RotorPixel-0111.jpg
    RotorPixel-0111.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 365

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z