Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

RCRookie said:
I saw #404 mentioned a few pages back...not sure if that was the last number though. Keri had a pile set to go out Friday but only 20 or so actually shipped, he finished Monday with the remainder of that pile. And says production is ramping up now. So we hope to see more shipping notifications this Friday.

No numbers yet.

#404... I'm #[3]024, so that means 620 orders ahead of mine, if my math is correct. At $389 each, that comes to over $240,000 collected for product that hasn't been shipped yet. I wish I had a business that was doing that good! I guess it's what happens when you build a quality product.

The funny thing is... I haven't gotten the 2 axis gimbal yet, and I already know I'll pre-order the 3rd axis upgrade kit the day it's announced! (Did someone say that this can quickly become an expensive "hobby"? :D )

In all seriousness, the announcement of intentions for a 3rd axis upgrade, combined with not hearing any news about such an upgrade from Dronexpert, is part of what finally caused me to fall off the fence on Rotorpixel's side. I'm very much looking forward to getting and installing this, and have high expectations for its performance based upon what I've been seeing from others' videos.

RCRookie,
Thanks for responding. I have tried both the contact on their website and the email that was used by Keri when I first talked to him. He responded within minutes before I ordered and things seemed to change after that. It's unfortunate and I feel like I'm in the losing end.
Greg

P.S. Keri, if you read this, kindly respond.

Thanks for all the 7th channel info. I think Im going to stick to the app itself as Im not really digging the lack of travel this thing ends up having even after changing the settings. Anyone try a knob? Im wondering if that would make it way easier. I could simply spin a knob on back with my finger and in theory that would work well and allow the correct amount of spinning to translate to the gimbal, right?

My money went out of my account on the 31/03/14 for my order, and I am very happy with my P2V and looking forward to getting my rotopixel gimble , my order number ends 997, and rather glad the others have cancelled as my order moves up and I'm not interested in the P2v+
This gimble is likely to have an upgrade in the future and it's part of the fun modding , I don't like to moan but if Keri spent his time replying to all , when am I getting my gimble questions , he would have to sit at a PC all day and not produce the goods.
I think the guys on this forum are excellent and have learnt a great deal, but come on guys some of you like to just moan moan moan, some of you are a font of knowledge , use your comments constructively.

And Where's my Gimble!!!!! Lol

Thank you for your email.

We do not know if the Phantom 2 Vision + camera will be available as a separate purchase or if it is compatible with your Phantom 2 Vision.

We cannot help you set up your Phantom 2 Vision with 3rd party equipment. Please seek information on Youtube or the gimbal manufacture's website.

Typical useless dji response. Before i got a PV, I watched a video with Colin Guinn, who said there should be a hardware upgrade path from P1 to PV...
I emailed dji about the hardware upgrade availability. The said "all our firmware is upgradeable". So I replied, saying I had said hardware, not firmware, and included a link to Colin's video. I never got a reply, not even to say, "sorry, no"...

Rotorpixel said:
Sorry for the temporary hiccup in email service - our mail server is back up and running now. Don't worry to anyone who has requested refunds - they're being processed tonight.

Keri

They had a "hiccup" with their email. I'd try emailing them again in case they lost some peoples email's.

Fred

BigSky said:
Hello 3_0_5 sorry for the delay whilst I've been sunning myself in the Canaries! As Geert has said the only time I saw even a whisker of props was a brief moment in this video just before a transition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-77HLKzVA

From the description you can see how string the ground level gusts were never mind at height and the Vision+Rotorpixel got hit with a massive gust - the camera didn't move but I got the merest hint of prop in shot after the aircraft took a big dive.

The first video I made showed two higher speed runs... One at the end when I charge at the dog and one near the middle where I fly down an avenue of trees over my other half. No props:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

I can also confirm 17 minutes flight time from 99% to 20% battery on a standard flight. Less with more high speed stuff in it, more if you are happy to take the battery lower.

Buenas noches!

That would be great video if not for all the side shifting and I will be happy with my gimbal if we can find a way to eliminate that.[/quote]

Welcome to the "we want a third axis" club. Luckily Rotorpixel will be releasing a retrofit third axis kit in the future... And if course it will work with the Vision and with future camera like GoPro and RX100, etc.

rfernandez said:
The 7th Channel is a pain in the ***, the even with the best setting for travel the lever moves halfway before the camera actually tilts. Its a pain when trying to set up footage with both objects on the move, so I reverted back to the app.
Also while fine tuning my gimbal using my friends laptop and reverting back to the app I mistakenly hooked it to his DJI assistant who already had V3.0 before i knew it my P2V had already started the update.. FLM now I have it. Not something i wanted to have so now I am screwed with the **** restrictions.
I flew with the lever hack for a month and missed great shots because of this lag.

Edit. V3.0 does not have an X1 calibration on the Basic tab. so no more calibration you have to manually set the limits of travel.
The 7th channel hack works fine, even with V3 firmware. Before closing the RC be SURE to set the 7th ch pot to MID-POINT (there is a slight dead spot on the pot at min & max travel) with the slots vertical, insure the lever is at minimum travel when installing the back cover. To get full travel on the cam with version 3 firmware I had to connect the Phantom to my computer, run the hack tool and select H3-D2 and watch the camera. If the camera moves full down close the hack tool and open the assistant and you will find the X1 calibration tab is back, calibrate as normal being sure to move the 7th Ch lever its full travel several times slowly. If the camera does not move then switch back and forth from Vision mode to H3-D2 until it responds, I had to do this twice before the camera responded by moving down. I now have full travel on the camera without any lag on the pot.

FlyingFox said:
My money went out of my account on the 31/03/14 for my order, and I am very happy with my P2V and looking forward to getting my rotopixel gimble , my order number ends 997, and rather glad the others have cancelled as my order moves up and I'm not interested in the P2v+
This gimble is likely to have an upgrade in the future and it's part of the fun modding , I don't like to moan but if Keri spent his time replying to all , when am I getting my gimble questions , he would have to sit at a PC all day and not produce the goods.
I think the guys on this forum are excellent and have learnt a great deal, but come on guys some of you like to just moan moan moan, some of you are a font of knowledge , use your comments constructively.

And Where's my Gimble!!!!! Lol

Hard to believe they are only sending out 10 a day though.... :(

But he is ramping up to a 100 per week, Maybe by Xmas 2015 if there are still orders pending...

Attachments

• kvx.gif
    kvx.gif
    501.7 KB · Views: 388
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Posted around 11pm EST
Facebook link above is a picture with following comment:

Gimbal brains, as far as the eye can see!

UPDATE: Since this past Friday, we shipped out around 40 units, and by this Friday, we should have another 50-60 sent out. This should take us roughly to order #XXXXX2460.

Sorry for the lack of communication to those with questions, comments, concerns, or cancellation requests! We're doing the best we can to answer emails, facebook messages, youtube comments, and forum posts, but for now we are devoting every man-hour available to assembly so your orders can ship out as soon as possible.

Re: SONY RX100 with Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

AllanVB said:
tubino said:
Is anyone using a Sony RX100 with the Rotorpixel gimbal?
I plan on it... if and when I receive my RP and when there is an adapter. Also waiting for 3rd axis update.
I see these references to an adapter to hold the RX100 and other cameras but;

* how do you plan to get FPV so you can compose your shot ?
* how do you plan to trigger the RX100 ?
* how do you plan to get even basic telemetry such as battery %age & sats in view ?

and alter the camera settings in flight although that would be a luxury ......

For the folks that are still waiting and don't have a heavily modded vision, get a refund, sell your vision on ebay for $900 and buy a plus. Best upgrade you can do and with the $400 refund you are cost neutral. :ugeek:

Patb01027 said:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=299856263498277&set=a.275007409316496.1073741828.239409639542940&type=1&theater

Posted around 11pm EST
Facebook link above is a picture with following comment:

Gimbal brains, as far as the eye can see!

UPDATE: Since this past Friday, we shipped out around 40 units, and by this Friday, we should have another 50-60 sent out. This should take us roughly to order #XXXXX2460.

Sorry for the lack of communication to those with questions, comments, concerns, or cancellation requests! We're doing the best we can to answer emails, facebook messages, youtube comments, and forum posts, but for now we are devoting every man-hour available to assembly so your orders can ship out as soon as possible.

Yehaa .... that puts 447 in the mix for delivery next week .... if its going out tomorrow

fraub said:
For the folks that are still waiting and don't have a heavily modded vision, get a refund, sell your vision on ebay for $900 and buy a plus. Best upgrade you can do and with the $400 refund you are cost neutral. :ugeek:

Why would anyone buy a used PV for $900 when they can buy new for a tad more?

And who wants to be a PV+ beta tester if you have a stable PV.....

gpauk said:
fraub said:

Why would anyone buy a used PV for $900 when they can buy new for a tad more?
Mine sold fast for exactly that and so has others

And who wants to be a PV+ beta tester if you have a stable PV.....
I'm happy to test the plus, but is the platform really that different and needs testing?

Ok, so I continue to be amazed at what some folk will pay for stuff on eBay!!

And -- dji's track record isn't good on new product introductions. The zenmuse gimbal, first version, was a dog by all accounts...

However I'd buy a PV+ if I didn't have a PV, and I wouldn't buy a second hand PV - could have any number of things wrong with it, could have been rebuilt, modified....

Just my two pence worth!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT