Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

jjwags said:
browntw79 said:
Shipping confirmation for #384 received this morning.

OMG - I STILL have a 383 unit wait! How long will that still take? :cry:

James

#404 is supposed to have shipped already (see previous post)....if you're #383, check your spam folder...there's supposed to be a 'pile' going out today.

The Rookie

jjwags said:
browntw79 said:

James

Mine might be for sale soon. It just shipped this morning. Don't know if I'm going to keep this thing or upgrade to the P2V+ yet...

RCRookie said:
jjwags said:
browntw79 said:

James

#404 is supposed to have shipped already (see previous post)....if you're #383, check your spam folder...there's supposed to be a 'pile' going out today.

The Rookie

No - I had 383 MORE to ship before mine.

No - I had 383 MORE to ship before mine.

Oh...Then you will definitely be in a later pile.
Additionally...a pile should consist of no less than 4 Gimbals!
kvx.gif

The Rookie

Rotorpixel said:
Since there has been some discussion about the "other" gimbal that is going to be released in the future, here are a few things to remember about our Rotorpixel gimbals that make it more of an investment, than an all-in-one gimbal with proprietary camera:

-The frame intentionally holds the camera as far forward and low as possible, without throwing off the CG too much. This allows legs and props to be kept out of the frame much more than competitors.

-Our gimbal control board is universal, meaning that it can be used in other gimbal frames moving forward, so you immediately save yourself around $150 on the next gimbal that you purchase (from us, or whoever else sells gimbal frames).

-Our gimbals can be used on almost any multirotor frame, so if DJI ever gets some real competition in the industry, our gimbal will more than likely be able to be slapped onto other frames.

-Just about any small camera (under around 400-500g) will be compatible with our system, once we release out universal camera mounting plate. Any camera which has a standard 1/4-20 tripod mounting hole should be compatible, using the same frame/motors, but with different tuning settings. We've already had several customers use our previous gimbal to stabilize the popular Sony RX100.

-The Go Pro Hero 3 works perfectly with our gimbal as well, and can be swapped out with the Vision camera by loosening and tightening a single screw. If you want superior video quality (albeit without FPV on the Vision system), this is always an option. This has already been designed and tested, so we'll be releasing this soon.

-If you feel ambitious, and want to add some features to the gimbal that are made available through firmware upgrades, you have full access to all gimbal control board settings, so you can tinker away and make it perform exactly how you want.

These are just a few points may not be obvious to readers!

Keri

Hi Keri,

Will the gimbal with 3 axis update fit within the standard vision legs? Do you have a pic of what it would look like? The p2v+ displays way to much props in the video. I bet they reduced the FOV of the camera to try to try compensate for that. At 140 degrees FOV you would see props and legs all the time.

Thanks,
Fred

I want to see more actual footage before I ask dji for a refund. I'll stick with Rotorpixel for the time being.
Also, where is the 2.4 ghz antenna for the v2+ camera...Has it been moved into the body ?

I've asked for a refund today and haven't got a response.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

Venom93corba said:

Yeah I asked for refund over the weekend the received a shipping notice today.... :-(

BigSky said:
Has everyone seen this video of the new P2V Plus?
For another $300.00, we could have had this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fuGvMb89hig

That's nice video but for those of us that already have the p2v it doesn't really matter as the p2v+ wasn't available until now. We need to upgrade our existing p2v's with a better gimbal and that's why I purchased the Rotorpixel gimbal. Number 439 is coming soon.

Why don't you post this on the p2v plus thread?

Scottrod said:
Venom93corba said:

Yeah I asked for refund over the weekend the received a shipping notice today.... :-(

I asked for a refund on Wednesday. Still haven't received it.....

Scottrod said:
BigSky said:
Has everyone seen this video of the new P2V Plus?
For another $300.00, we could have had this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fuGvMb89hig

No way! First time I heard about this! ..........

People flying like that knucklehead does in this video are what give people trying to be cautious a bad name. The moron almost flying into a theater sign with many people below. Then he thanks Eric Cheng for giving him one to test out. Nice to see DJI handing these out to inexperienced folks for testing in highly populated areas!

Keri,

When will the 3rd axis upgrade be available and how much more will it cost? Also, will we need skid extenders to support the 3rd axis?

Thanks

gfredrone said:
Keri,

When will the 3rd axis upgrade be available and how much more will it cost? Also, will we need skid extenders to support the 3rd axis?

Thanks
+1

Well you cant give points for wisdom that is for sure.. :x Besides there are far more experienced people out there that can provide a thorough and intelligent review than "Ohh the is very nice and flies stable.. oops i almost hit the sign"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart