Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I think Keri's idea of having a dedicated customer service person would be an ideal situation especially if they are from here and they can relay the problems quickly and get responses quickly to issues like yours.

;)

Geert, did you send Keri that video? It's exactly what he needs. Once he sees & hears it Im sure he'll help you.

To me it looks & sounds like the servo loop is feeding back (as in sensor & motion are over-coupled) causing the oscillation. It could be gain/power or something mechanical between sensor & carriage, or something tugging on the gimbal (cable, hardware, arm).

iDrone

Geert - I know this sounds stupid but take the whole assembly off and check all the bits....put some new dampers on the phantom and put it back together again checking wires, connectors, and see if you have the same problem. You might be surprised sometimes there can be something small which effects things and refitting it might eliminate it.

I suspect it is something for RP to sort out but you wont lose anything by trying it ?

;)

What is the best FOV setting to reduce fisheye and where is it in settings?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tedw123 said:

Reducing FoV on the FC200 drastically reduces image quality. The setting is found on the right, where you adjust movie resolution (Screen with different "width") You can reduce fisheye some by running the files through GoPros free editing software. http://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-stu ... t-software

DKDarkness said:
tedw123 said:

Reducing FoV on the FC200 drastically reduces image quality. The setting is found on the right, where you adjust movie resolution (Screen with different "width") You can reduce fisheye some by running the files through GoPros free editing software. http://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-stu ... t-software

Thanks!

dbcch said:
Ugh, I hate it for the manufacturer (RotorPixel), after today's news. I would guess the pre-order list will get sorted out pretty quick now!

Speaking of the P2V+ of course.

Why? The price is about the same as the P2V + RP and the camera is still the same craptastic quality. No real upgrade there, even though they had the chance. :- /

Mandatory Rotorpixel Content: No shipping notification, yet. But at least I'm less than 60 orders away! :D

FSJ Guy said:
Why? The price is about the same as the P2V + RP and the camera is still the same craptastic quality. No real upgrade there, even though they had the chance. :- /

At $1299 retail for the P2V+, your math doesn't quite add up. Also, the FPV and control ranges have doubled and the camera has a wider field of view. Also, apparently no reduction in flight time with the DJI setup, unlike RP.

Maybe you mistakenly saw the $2k price briefly listed by some unscrupulous Amazon seller?

I’m doing a wait and see what happens. I would buy a P2V+ for $1300 (price on DJI web site) if I did not already have a P2V.

I expect an upgrade to the P2V+ gimbal, if it becomes available, will be somewhat expensive as it has to include the camera which has the same spec as the present P2V camera. I would be tempted to get a RP gimbal if RP came out with a very competitive priced 3 axis gimbal.

I wish I waited about 6 weeks before I got the P2V. It was also winter and I was unable to do that much flying anyway.

DKDarkness said:
Reducing FoV on the FC200 drastically reduces image quality.
Why do you say that? The video is still 1920 x 1080, regardless of what FOV setting you use. The main difference is where it samples those 1920 pixels - from across the entire 4384-pixel sensor width, or from just the middle portion of the sensor.

jimre said:
DKDarkness said:
Reducing FoV on the FC200 drastically reduces image quality.
Why do you say that? The video is still 1920 x 1080, regardless of what FOV setting you use. The main difference is where it samples those 1920 pixels - from across the entire 4384-pixel sensor width, or from just the middle portion of the sensor.

This is also my understanding, the resolution remains the same regardless of the FOV because the sensor can capture way more info than is required for 1920x1080.

dbcch said:
At $1299 retail for the P2V+, your math doesn't quite add up. Also, the FPV and control ranges have doubled and the camera has a wider field of view. Also, apparently no reduction in flight time with the DJI setup, unlike RP.

Maybe you mistakenly saw the $2k price briefly listed by some unscrupulous Amazon seller?

Control range is said to be longer but the transmitter power is less. Not sure how that works unless they put better antennas on the p2v+
p2v: CE: 25mw; FCC: 125mw
p2v+: CE Compliance: 25mW; FCC Compliance: 100mW

WiFi range is increased.

There are less field of view choices for the p2v+ and they are narrower rather than wider
p2v FOV: 140°/ 120° / 90°
p2v+ FOV : 110° / 85°

This is the same camera but with a different physical arangement

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor