Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Are you sure it is $1354.27?

stenno said:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

Its now officially on the DJI website selling for

Total: USD $ 1354.27
shipping starts on the 15th on April.

IT seems as though the camera has not be upgraded, just the additional of the gimbal .

I think i will stay with the rotorpixel gimabl and PV2 and wait for an upgrade to the actually camera and picture quality.

yeah 100% on the price, check the website and continue through to buy now,

the prices includes $55.27 shipping fee.

Attachments

• dji post.png
    dji post.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 420
Obvious advantage out of the box for Vision + is the almost double strength range extender, camera specs the same. To Rotorpixel or not Rotorpixel, that is the question.

I hafta say the camera specs are a bit disappointing; hoping they were going to give it a GoPro-style upgrade, in line with the new camera body. So other than the extra range potential, you get a third axis on the gimbal to set it apart from a P2V with a two axis RP? I think I'm going to hang with my RP (lucky #399, any day now!) and see where that takes me. If I was buying brand new, though...looks pretty good, bundled and all. Big premium on having everything on it, out of the box...

If I stick with my Rotorpixel gimbal, will the Range Extender for Vision+ that doubles distance work with my Vision? Heck if I can simply order the white transmitter that mounts on the remote controller I'm in, or would you have to add a new receiver to aircraft also?

My order is due for shipment tomorrow (if for once a promise is kept), but I am on the fence of canceling it. If anyone wants to "jump" in and have mine, PM me to figure out how we shall do this as I am also selling my P2V.

Ugh, I hate it for the manufacturer (RotorPixel), after today's news. I would guess the pre-order list will get sorted out pretty quick now!

Speaking of the P2V+ of course.

dbcch said:
Ugh, I hate it for the manufacturer (RotorPixel), after today's news.

DJI just bent them over, stick a fork in RP. Hope they can cancel their production orders.

MrDRC said:
dbcch said:

DJI just bent them over, stick a fork in RP. Hope they can cancel their production orders.

I don't see that at all,
Other than the extended range and the 3rd axis I don't see much difference.

The rotor pixel Gimbal is still A viable upgrade path for better video with people that own A phantom 2 vision.

In my opinion the only real way DJI can really hurt rotor pixel is if they happen to sell upgrade kits for Phantom 2 vision and phantom 2

I'm just hoping my order will be filled soon.

KG4MXV said:
MrDRC said:
dbcch said:

I don't see that at all,
Other than the extended range and the 3rd axis I don't see much difference.

The rotor pixel Gimbal is still A viable upgrade path for better video with people that own A phantom 2 vision.

In my opinion the only real way DJI can really hurt rotor pixel is if they happen to sell upgrade kits for Phantom 2 vision and phantom 2

I'm just hoping my order will be filled soon.

Sure its an upgrade but it all boils down to cost vs benefit. Think about it, would RP even be in existence if the P2V+ was released 4 months ago instead of the P2V? I think the market will pretty much react and RP's order pipeline will dry up rather quickly. DJI will no longer be selling the P2V's and RP's market has become very limited and narrow. There is minimal future business for them.

Wonder if there will be a little bit of glare off the lens surround on the new camera of the P2V - seems like may have been better being matt black, can see the sun gleaming off that shiny metal surround and pics may be a bit glarey ? Cant see a lens filter system would fit on it neither ? Also get a lot of prop shot when camera is flying level, now personally in some instances I kinda like that as you can see what platform is doing the filming but for most people that will be a no no.

Lets face it though we have no idea how quickly they have rushed this out and it would be odd if they didnt have a few problems even though the basic aircraft platform is the same. Only time will tell how good the gimbal will perform, and think they have missed an opportunity to upgrade the camera which would have made more of a difference in my opinion. Seems almost as if they have jumped in because they can see other gimbals hitting the market and realised they might have to try and nab a chunk of it before the others vacuum it up. Interesting to see the weight comparisons of both set ups to see how flight time would compare.

Other than that I am quite happy to wait for my RP for now. At least with the RP you have a custom engineered product optimised for stability and not as part of a general overall package where it might not have had as much particular attention paid to it.

:D

gfredrone said:
380 shipped Friday. I'm 381. To cancel or not to cancel begs the question.

Anyone in the market for a carefully used P2V? :|

Well I am 983 so I hope to get mine sometime next month?
That will be about the same time I get a answer back from DJI about a Upgrade kit for the P2V
Thats if they will actually answer.

Not holding my breath.

dbcch said:
Ugh, I hate it for the manufacturer (RotorPixel), after today's news. I would guess the pre-order list will get sorted out pretty quick now!

Speaking of the P2V+ of course.

We have this thread because DJI leave the customer's need in which do not have equivalent with other DJI.gimbals.
To me, Rotoepixel is just try to help and at the same time do a benefit. And I think it is fair play.
I do not sure DJI customer service and product development even care to user of Phantom 2 VISION.
The price for the P2V is the most expensive in Phantom family not including P2V+.
As DJI promise since Early new year, they will make a waypoint and develop an app for P2V.
Now it is still quiet and no one know the destination.
Are we all P2V users feel stupid enough for marketing of the manufacturer?

How many people read and reply this thread. It has over 85,675 views so far.
I know some of us will say " i want to know when Keri will ship?"
It shows actually how many of us need 2 or 3 axis gimbal in "good quality" and reasonable price.

Geert, in my tinkering, I managed to remove the motor related vibration through something that makes no sense at all....I removed the camera thumbscrew (black). Could be a fluke or a matter of luck but give it a try, it'll be interesting to see if that works for you as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor