Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

BenDronePilot said:
Technically the current P2V camera is "gopro quality" if you're comparing it to anything up to a GoPro 3 Silver edition which is basically same quality as a Gopro 2. GoPro 3 Black+ is another story though.
Ben, have you had experience of the Black+ ? If so, can you comment on the quality of the still shots it produces please ? From what I understand the gopro range is optimised for video but apart from an opinion from a professional TV cameraman who I know who thinks the gopros are just toys I have no knowledge of them. He could well have been commenting on the older models.

Geert said:
pault said:
BenDronePilot said:
Technically the current P2V camera is "gopro quality" if you're comparing it to anything up to a GoPro 3 Silver edition which is basically same quality as a Gopro 2. GoPro 3 Black+ is another story though.
Ben, have you had experience of the Black+ ? If so, can you comment on the quality of the still shots it produces please ? From what I understand the gopro range is optimised for video but apart from an opinion from a professional TV cameraman who I know who thinks the gopros are just toys I have no knowledge of them. He could well have been commenting on the older models.

Why are you hijacking this thread ?
If you want to discuss a camera, fine by me, then please start another thread.
Here we discuss the Rotorpixel gimbal.

Thank you.

Geert.
If you followed the content of the thread you will see I was asking a question directly to Keri and related to what he stated were some of the advantages of the RP gimbal. He specifically mentioned that it (the gimbal) could in future be used on other cameras and even mentioned the RX100. The gimbal is designed to be upgradeable to cameras and platforms other than the Vision.

For me, this upgrade potential is a key part of the decision making process as to whether to buy one.

Edit: with further thought, I do understand your position, maybe it would have been better to have sent my follow up question to BenDronePilot by pm but then other people might also be interested in using the RP gimbal to fly an alternative camera to the FC200. Also, the recent rumours surrounding the V+ with a gimbal and an enhanced camera sort of brings the camera part of the whole equation into sharper focus (pardon the pun) ;)

AllanVB said:
gfredrone said:
380 shipped Friday. I'm 381. To cancel or not to cancel begs the question.

Anyone in the market for a carefully used P2V? :|
ah... lets see... if you cancel RP = $400... sell used P2V =$800 Add $100 = Maybe P2V+
$100 upgrade.... but is it worth it...? Only you can decide. I am keeping my RP just so I can upgrade to 3rd axis and upgrade Quad. Also... looking for an adapter for the RX100 :) Good Luck
UPDATE
Ok, according to Amazon $1999.... that makes the upgrade $800... ah.. very pricey upgrade...

Yeah at $1,999 for a P2V+ I will stick with my RP gimbal and wait to see if they come out with a P2V++ or P3V with full 1080P FPV. That's the one thing I still really want. If the P2V+ came out with something like that I would be all over it.

Vicrimo said:
rfernandez said:
I wonder how many more parachutes are going to fly this week?

How's your gimbal holding up with the hot glue and paper?

Very Nicely I might add. Smooth as silk no stabilization in post needed. guess you still waiting.

Attachments

• kvx.gif
    kvx.gif
    501.7 KB · Views: 391
Scottrod said:
Yeah at $1,999 for a P2V+ I will stick with my RP gimbal and wait to see if they come out with a P2V++ or P3V with full 1080P FPV. That's the one thing I still really want. If the P2V+ came out with something like that I would be all over it.

It's called a P2 with lightbridge... :)

gpauk said:
Scottrod said:

It's called a P2 with lightbridge... :)

Yeah exactly. I'm surprised they don't try to include it in the next Vision though in a RTF version.

rfernandez said:
Vicrimo said:
rfernandez said:
I wonder how many more parachutes are going to fly this week?

How's your gimbal holding up with the hot glue and paper?

Very Nicely I might add. Smooth as silk no stabilization in post needed. guess you still waiting.

No, I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. Got it in the first batch that went out. Didn't have any major problems. Only had to play around with the settings for the power output to motors and the PID's. Which I think some of you taco guys have had to do as well.

There's a video I posted a couple of pages back. Took it out on a very windy day here in SoCal. Shows how well the pv2 and RP gimbal work

I was excited about this gimbal last weekend when I ordered it (20140329), I ordered it the day AFTER I received my P2V. But a week later and between news of the P2V+ and my high order number (987), I just cancelled my order. I'll wait a couple of days and see if I can upgrade before I return the P2V as well

For those that cancelled: How long did it take to receive the money back into the bank account once cancelled? Did you get a notification that it's been canceled?

I ask because I canceled Wednesday. Got a response Wednesday night saying that mine may be shipping the next day or monday. I replied back saying I want to cancel... and here it is Sunday and haven't heard anything and the money hasn't been refunded.

I'm so sorry guys, I'm about to ask a question that could probably be answered *somewhere* in this hugely long thread...

What is the current ETA for a pre-order placed today?

The Rotorpixel web site needs amended to clearly indicate this, IMHO.. or maybe I missed it. I'm really excited about this, but never have been a fan of pre-ordering anything.

dbcch said:
I'm so sorry guys, I'm about to ask a question that could probably be answered *somewhere* in this hugely long thread...

The Rotorpixel web site needs amended to clearly indicate this, IMHO.. or maybe I missed it. I'm really excited about this, but never have been a fan of pre-ordering anything.

http://www.rotorpixel.com/contact/

"If we were to guess, it is likely that new orders will be able to ship out in 4-8 weeks, but this number is still highly variable at this early stage of production."

At this point Monday marks the 8 week point from pre-order opening on Feb 10th, and it appears that a shipment Monday will likely complete most if not all of the orders from the opening day, making the 8 week mark fairly accurate. Some lucky folks got theirs in about 6 weeks before the short hold in production to address QC issues. Presuming those QC issues have been resolved the 6-8 weeks seems pretty accurate.

wp6529 said:
At this point Monday marks the 8 week point from pre-order opening on Feb 10th, and it appears that a shipment Monday will likely complete most if not all of the orders from the opening day, making the 8 week mark fairly accurate. Some lucky folks got theirs in about 6 weeks before the short hold in production to address QC issues. Presuming those QC issues have been resolved the 6-8 weeks seems pretty accurate.

Thanks!

dbcch said:

Its hard to say...quantities and timeframes are a bit elusive. Although Keri is currently ramping up production it seems a Pile is going out tomorrow.

ITSAPHANTOM said:
For those that cancelled: How long did it take to receive the money back into the bank account once cancelled? Did you get a notification that it's been canceled?

I ask because I canceled Wednesday. Got a response Wednesday night saying that mine may be shipping the next day or monday. I replied back saying I want to cancel... and here it is Sunday and haven't heard anything and the money hasn't been refunded.

Hi,
Noticed your post. If yours was shipped already for some reason & they didn't catch the cancel, I will buy it & even pay you more than it cost you. Just wanted to out that out there....
Moose

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

Its now officially on the DJI website selling for

Total: USD $ 1354.27
shipping starts on the 15th on April.

IT seems as though the camera has not be upgraded, just the additional of the gimbal .

I think i will stay with the rotorpixel gimabl and PV2 and wait for an upgrade to the actually camera and picture quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart