Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

97 rotorpixel gimbals on the wall...97 rotorpixel gimbals....take one down....ship to a town....96 rotorpixel gimbals on the wall.

Come on... #463

mr_3_0_5 said:
Well if you end up with it and want the other I'll take it

That is very noble of you mr305. ;) Received my FPVLR half sphere today and will be fitting it over the weekend. Looking forward to those amped up results of yours.

Ah, just received my shipping notice (#752)!!! I wish!! :lol: Looking forward to say that for real though.

Even if DJI brings out a new gimbal it is likely to be dedicated to the Vision camera only where as RP gimbal will be universally adaptable for other cameras or quads. So I'm still vouching for RP being the right choice.

May your Phantom take you on adventures!!

Yes please all you suckers waiting for the DJI gimbal please vacate your place in the queue because you can always watch videos of us flying with our rotorpixels whilst yours is sitting on your bench waiting for DJI customer service to sort your problems out lol

zoooooooooooooooooooooommmmmm :lol:

I like the RP Gimbal a lot but I have not ordered one yet. This is mostly because I often travel for weeks at a time and with the unknown delivery time, I'm not sure I'll be home when it would be shipped. This has an advantage that I can see what happens with this and others Gimbals as they become available.

Most likely I will order the RP when the delivery times are known unless something very competitive in both quality and price comes out.

My first post in this thread was all the complainers should just cancel their orders. I felt they are just polluting this tread. I still feel that way.

I just ran across a post on FB by DJI teasing their "Epic" release this weekend at NAB2014, I will give you all only one guess what it will be. It will be interesting to see what they come out with and the spec's, but I will stick with the RP. I am a hobby flyer so I don't need a high end camera, but I do need the one I have stabilized. Even if they announce a retrofit kit for the P2v and it has a better camera to go with the gimbal upgrade the cost will be way up there. Besides, at #436 I don't have long to wait.

jmcnally said:
Now serving 375. Shipping notice received today!

Yea, 158 to go! thanks for the update!

For those of you waiting for some announcement from the ghost of Colin Guinn, just remember that the current FC200 camera alone right now is $500.

Also, we have plenty more gimbals to ship out, which will have to wait until Monday - disappointingly, we only made it to #XXXXXX2380 today (the last 4 numbers are now relevant, not just the last 3), but there will far more going out on Monday. Every unit has been re-programmed, had an advanced IMU calibration done, and been physically tested throughout the entire tilt range for vibration problems. Now, it's just a matter of packaging them safely, preparing shipping documents, and handing them to Mr. Fedex and Mrs. Canada Post.

Rotorpixel said:
For those of you waiting for some announcement from the ghost of Colin Guinn, just remember that the current FC200 camera alone right now is $500.

Also, we have plenty more gimbals to ship out, which will have to wait until Monday - disappointingly, we only made it to #XXXXXX2380 today (the last 4 numbers are now relevant, not just the last 3), but there will far more going out on Monday. Every unit has been re-programmed, had an advanced IMU calibration done, and been physically tested throughout the entire tilt range for vibration problems. Now, it's just a matter of packaging them safely, preparing shipping documents, and handing them to Mr. Fedex and Mrs. Canada Post.
Thanks for the update. Nice to have communication.

Really? Missed it by 1, typical... Feeling a bit like Roy Munson right now. Thanks for the update RP.

Rotorpixel said:

Excellent, Glad to see the highly anticipated ramp up in production.

Thank You Keri!

The Rookie

I can appreciate just how busy Keri must be...I am sure it's difficult to respond to an email box that is mega full of keen rotorpixel order customers that never read the disclaimer when ordering...

Looks like I am getting nearer to my number..I know it's going to feel like Christmas day when that box arrives in the UK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart