Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

The Real Adam said:
wp6529 said:
The only clusterfuck here is the loud mouthed 1% who claim they know better how to run a small business. If you don't like the RP gimbal, company or whatever or have canceled your order we have no need for you in this thread. Go piss and moan somewhere else, we are through with you.

Which part of "discussion forum" are you confused about?

The part where people who don't own the product in question, don't have the product in question on pre-order, have no experience with the product in question and have nothing constructive to contribute are encouraged to spam the thread apparently.

The Real Adam said:
bobomet said:
Do you think we're in the least surprised that you are "confused"?
We knew that from your 1st post.

Reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.

Regardless, please continue with your fanboi defense of your beloved gimbal (that you haven't even received yet, right?).

So odd, yet so laughable.

That would be my business as I see it. Perhaps you should stay in the low-quality World you've become comfortable in.

Some of us have the money and time to wait for top-quality.

Rotorpixel said:
rfernandez said:
Sure!!! we'll be ramping to 100 per week.. hummm where have I heard that before??? ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol:

Would you prefer that we blindly manufacture and ship out as many as possible immediately, like the Taco people have done? I don't think so. We actually care about our product working well, out of the box, with no user input, and that is not an easy feat to accomplish because of the inevitable manufacturing/assembly hurdles that can (and have) occur.

While all of these delays have been going on, our machines have been printing parts, and workers have been preparing parts, so I do think that around 100 per week is still a reasonable number that we'll realistically get to shortly. Once this batch of gimbals goes out, I'll be interested to see what feedback we get, and if there are no obvious problems, then we're going to go full steam.

On another note, those of you who have been following this thread may remember that I was busy for a few days upgrading one of our 3D printers to accept a stronger material... the upgrade is complete, so we're now able to *almost* double our 3D part output as hoped. They're printing 24/7.

Keri

Keri,

I mean you no disrespect but I think that reference had more to do with what you have been communicating on these forums and the inconsistency of your promises. With every update you get people fired up with promises that the product will be shipped out in days or "very soon" or beginning of next week or whatever. It's beginning to feel more like damage control than a real solid commitment to your customers. I completely understand that you want to ship out the best product possible but you have to understand that, after a while and no matter how legitimate the next delay is, it begins to sound a little like the boy who cried wolf. I'm not sure staying silent is the best way to go about it but setting yourself up for impossible delivery dates each time is eroding the faith people have in your word.

I think the issue is about how you have been communicating, not the quality of the product. I don't think anyone doubts that you care because you have demonstrated that you do but it feels like you announced a product prematurely and gave people false expectations. It's obvious now, that months later, the product should have been properly tested and ready to ship (or pretty **** close) before you announced preorders. It feels like you announced it because you wanted to snag business away from Dronexpert and any other potential competitors fully knowing that you were not ready for prime time.

That's the perception to me anyway. Yes, we are living in a society where people have little patience but that is the world and anyone in business, especially in this kind of niche, should be aware of that and conduct themselves accordingly.

disjecta said:
I think the issue is about how you have been communicating, not the quality of the product. I don't think anyone doubts that you care because you have demonstrated that you do but it feels like you announced a product prematurely and gave people false expectations. It's obvious now, that months later, the product should have been properly tested and ready to ship (or pretty **** close) before you announced preorders.

I respectfully disagree.

I knew from my initial reading of the RP website that it was a 'work in process' (my term).
That was clear from the "agreement" I accepted .... that patience meant nothing less than that.
Would I have preferred more communication on progress? Yes!
But two of my three sons are Engineers, and communications are not exactly their strengths. They are best at solving problems.
And I accept that part of Keri as part of the deal.
This isn't Apple and Microsoft, who sell junk to meet a marketing target date, and then fail repeatedly to send out effective patches.

im catching up on posts but I told you all in February this was a clusterfuck company..yes, I called it. I claimed it.

The Real Adam said:
bobomet said:
That would be my business as I see it. Perhaps you should stay in the low-quality World you've become comfortable in.

Yet more confusion. Your responses just get more amusing as you vainly try to defend your purchase.

If you "had the money and time to wait for top-quality" then you would have never bought an entry-level offering like the Vision nor tried to mend it by waiting for a patch like the RP gimbal.

Again, thanks for the laughs no matter how unintended they were.

Isn't that amazing .....
You're both "confused" and able to fully understand at the same time! And to the extent you can glean humor from it.
But as I suggested earlier .... what I do with my money is my business.
If I decided to light cigars with it, yours is not an opinion I'd seek.

This discussion is interesting for a relative noob to electronics and quads....cut Rotopixal some slack. This really is sort of cutting edge technology for the masses. Mis-starts should be expected. America was built on small business and innovation. Plenty of cutting edge company's have had difficulty launching a new product. Think TESLA. I'm happy to wait for this device to support a North American Company.

the thing that rotorpixel clearly doesn't understand is there is no "perfect, work out of the box" gimbal. Each and every gimbal that is attached to phantoms is going to be at least a tad bit different. From pilots that go into phantom assistant who tweak their own gains to worn out and cracked dampeners which exhibit different tolerances. What they should do is ship a baseline gimbal setting on a brand new phantom vision and include a software link to whatever board they are using with instructions on how to properly calibrate the gimbal for their particular setup. Clearly they cannot advise on each individual setup, but at least point them in the right direction. This company had potential.. great potential to capitalize on an untapped market...and ****** it up royally.

Petereesha said:
This discussion is interesting for a relative noob to electronics and quads....cut Rotopixal some slack. This really is sort of cutting edge technology for the masses. Mis-starts should be expected. America was built on small business and innovation. Plenty of cutting edge company's have had difficulty launching a new product. Think TESLA. I'm happy to wait for this device to support a North American Company.

Very few of these American "kids" have even an inkling of what you're talking about here.
Not only are they totally ignorant of the history of manufacturing in the USA, but they have been conditioned to accept low-quality garbage.
Just take a look at the slave-labor fueled companies that are "proudly" American.

tizzl10 said:
the thing that rotorpixel clearly doesn't understand is there is no "perfect, work out of the box" gimbal. What they should do is ship a baseline gimbal setting on a brand new phantom vision and include a software link to whatever board they are using with instructions on how to properly calibrate the gimbal for their particular setup.

Well, we do know why you're standing outside the window crying.
I wouldn't buy anything you're selling dude!

Gosh, maybe I don't want to be associated with so many whining bitches. You complaining asses should get a life and if you don't like a product, don't look at it. It's kinda like a the do-good folks complaining about R rated TV....if you don't like it, don't look at it. Of course free speech is where it's at, and Rotopixal is in North America too.

I have no doubt that Kerri is well intentioned and a talented engineer. He really needs an MBA to run the company though. At some point you have to lock the engineers out of the room and start shipping product. Otherwise the tinkering and quest for perfection goes on for ever. There will always be just one more update, one more mod. That being said, perhaps Rotorpixel's engineering should have been a bit further along before taking pre-orders with full payment in advance.

grochester said:
I have no doubt that Kerri is well intentioned and a talented engineer. He really needs an MBA to run the company though. At some point you have to lock the engineers out of the room and start shipping product. Otherwise the tinkering and quest for perfection goes on for ever. There will always be just one more update, one more mod. That being said, perhaps Rotorpixel's engineering should have been a bit further along before taking pre-orders with full payment in advance.

The only people complaining about the wait time are those who don't even have an order placed.
Some of us would simply prefer more frequent updates on progress.
But I have read not one complaint about the wait for an optimally proofed product.

The Real Adam said:
bobomet said:

Yet more confusion. Your responses just get more amusing as you vainly try to defend your purchase.

If you "had the money and time to wait for top-quality" then you would have never bought an entry-level offering like the Vision nor tried to mend it by waiting for a patch like the RP gimbal.

Again, thanks for the laughs no matter how unintended they were.

What "top quality" aircraft/camera/gimbal do you have?

Where's the thread where people are actually discussing the Rotorpixel gimbal itself?

The Real Adam said:
Petereesha said:
This discussion is interesting for a relative noob to electronics and quads....cut Rotopixal some slack. This really is sort of cutting edge technology for the masses. Mis-starts should be expected.

You should have stopped at "noob."

There is nothing "cutting edge" about using an off the shelf controller and off the shelf motors to run a 2 axis gimbal.

Real Adam, if you are not just trolling to get your kicks, then would you please state if you have or had a RP on order? I have to suspect the answer will be no to both considering your comment regarding the P2V. The P2V is a RTF consumer quad not aimed at the professional drone community. For those who ordered the RP to attain better video footage, they understood the T's & C's. Yes the delays and poor/timely communications could frustrate some who ordered the RP, but they are free to request a full refund.

I am willing to wait for the stable product (pun intended) as the alternatives do not interest me. My money, my choice. Fanboy? I'll let you know after receiving and using the RP.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor