Restricted Gimbal Movement

Reaction score
After updating everything today, I noticed that when I picked my Phantom up (still powered up), the gimbal was being lazy. When I moved the Phantom around, the gimbal's range of movement didn't appear to be anywhere near as impressive as it had previously been. In fact, it was pitiful and if I try to record video like this, it's not going to be smooth at all.
Furthermore, when I tipped the Phantom a fair bit on one of it's axis, the gimbal would go to sleep and the camera goes limp.
My Phantom is 2 months old and has been flown without issue 4 or 5 times. No heavy landings or bumps and I've never turned it on with the guard in place. I've only noticed this after updating everything today.
Has anyone else come across this issue? Am I doing or forgetting something very simple?

In the Vision App settings, make sure FPV mode is NOT checked. Sometimes during an update it winds up checked.

Going limp when you tip it to extremes is normal.

I haven't checked the app settings but I tried this with and without the wifi extender/app and it still did the same thing.
I've just checked the app settings and FPV was selected. I've deselected this and will try again...

Ninhog said:
I've just checked the app settings and FPV was selected. I've deselected this and will try again...

That was the problem! ;) You can test on the ground just by moving her around and it should be back to normal. Not sure why it seems to default to FPV mode?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl