Resetting Home Lock and Course Lock NOT working

Reaction score
Been waiting all week to get her up.
I tried many times to get new home lock and course lock. I doubt my s2 switch was faulty as i had already replaced it.
hooked up to the Phantom assistance and the switches worked fine. I noticed there was considereable lag on the S2 switch.
I tried it again with the bird hooked to the assistance. Did it slowly and it worked 1 out of 10 times. There is a clear issue.

Can others try this please and report back.

To test IOC:
Make sure NAZA-M is activated and IOC box is checked.
on the left S2 toggle switch:
New Course DIrection lock = top to mid position x 5 and it will flash green rapidly.
New Home lock = mid to bottom position x 5 and it will flash green rapidly.
The radar will alter in distance and the arrow will change if any of the above is successful.

I have a decent understanding of the bird.
Stock bird running 3.06 with GPS foil mod. Phantom hasnt been crashed and always catch-landed.
I cant revert back to 1.08 because i have severe TBE (laxitives wont work).
Transmitter is calibrated and i know how to compass dance.
IMU adv and basic done on a levelled surface.
I have tested on Iphone 4s with latest update and on Galaxy note 2 with 4.2 android.

I'm thinking its firmware related.

Many thanks.

Mako79 said:
I'm thinking its firmware related.

Or a random failing in the NAZA? Although I've not had the P2v+ out to test this on in the last week, the same happened with my FC-40. Strange since the firmware's obviously totally different from the 2V+. No flashing greens and no alteration of home location/course despite repeated flicking of S2 from position 1-2 or 2-3. IOC otherwise is working fine.

I feel your pain, Im a fairly experienced pilot and for some reason my S2 switch will not function at all. I have the foil mod, been running stage 2 antennas from FPVLR and have the ioc box checked, have been flying naza mode for weeks switching from atti back and forth to gps mode with no issues. And I also note I have NEVER crashed a single time. Last night I downloaded the old software and then redownloaded the new 3.06 and just went and flew with no luck, the SWITCH STILL DOES NOT FUNCTION!!!The only thing I can think off is when the bird is powered on, somehow the S2 switch becomes inactive kinda like your losing your ch 7 when your vision app loads up. Its really to bad that some of the DJI engineers aren't members on this forum because they could teach us how to fix software issues and troubleshoot complaints. This is not pilot error but product or software compatibility issues....

Mako you let me know if you find a fix because you have encountered the same issue I have, except I haven't attempted CL,HL, or resetting home lock over ten times in a flight, I have tried maybe 6 or 7 times to each function with no luck.. :|

Hey Mako79 I did what you recommended on the subject I created. Today at work I downloaded the 3.06 assistant software the rc assistant and the driver offered on DJI site, all on a pc at work. Plugged in the quad, checked the ioc box, toggled my switch and up and down and got the visual on the screen that the switch isn't broke, went outside powered her up and still no S2 function. This crap sux, I don't get CL,HL, and the resetting of home does nothing. My question to you is does the resetting of home work for you?

For me, resetting in flight works every time. I simply toggle the S2 switch from HL(all the way down), to OFF(all the way up) one time and HL is back.

Jstic said:
For me, resetting in flight works every time. I simply toggle the S2 switch from HL(all the way down), to OFF(all the way up) one time and HL is back.
what firmware is yours? 3.06?

jasonb777 said:
Hey Mako79 I did what you recommended on the subject I created. Today at work I downloaded the 3.06 assistant software the rc assistant and the driver offered on DJI site, all on a pc at work. Plugged in the quad, checked the ioc box, toggled my switch and up and down and got the visual on the screen that the switch isn't broke, went outside powered her up and still no S2 function. This crap sux, I don't get CL,HL, and the resetting of home does nothing. My question to you is does the resetting of home work for you?

It does, but not as frequent as before.
It takes about 10 attempts before the rapid lights flash.

I will revert back to 3.04 for testing and post back here.

I reverted back to 3.04 and it seems easier to reset. 4/5 attempts compared to 1/10 with 3.06.
The problem is that not many here are aware of CL and HL mid air resetting. I need more poeple with 3.06 to confirm that it is a firmware fault.

I flew with 3.06 this afternoon and tried again and it took about 6 attempts for a new course lock. Home lock didnt work at all.

jasonb777 said:
Do you think its in the advanced calibration setting? I have only done basic calibration because advanced cali never finalizes...

IMU calibrations is for the gyro and accelerometer. I dont think it has anything to do with the controls.
To do an avdanced IMU calibration, make sure the phantom is cold. Plug USB cable in first, start software and then power her on and do advance IMU calibration on levelled surface.

So last night I plugged in the phantom to assistant software and unchecked the ioc box, then rechecked, went over to basic calibration and took her out to bear island(island of the coast of nc) and it turns out the S2 button is fully functional! All the help everybody was giving and nobody ever mentioned doing a basic calibration after checking the ioc box. Im very happy with the results and its to bad that they don't recommend that in the forums or manual. I have never even done a basic calibration until now and have never had a single issue EXCEPT the S2 button not working,....go figure ;)

I noticed the samething , after 3.06. Very hard to get home point set with the switch. And I did do a advanced imu calibration.
I always do that after a new update.

Jason maybe it was changing the ioc off/on and not the calibration. Hard to say. Any electronic device can have a one off glitch.

jasonb777 said:
So last night I plugged in the phantom to assistant software and unchecked the ioc box, then rechecked, went over to basic calibration and took her out to bear island(island of the coast of nc) and it turns out the S2 button is fully functional! All the help everybody was giving and nobody ever mentioned doing a basic calibration after checking the ioc box. Im very happy with the results and its to bad that they don't recommend that in the forums or manual. I have never even done a basic calibration until now and have never had a single issue EXCEPT the S2 button not working,....go figure ;)

Congrats bro. Are you however able to reset CL and HL easily in mid flight or is it stubborn?
I might do a basic calibration tonight.

Mako79 said:
Jstic said:

I'm sure you are aware that the V2+ must be more than 10m from home point in order for HL to kick in.

SUX!!! Today I took out the quad and flew around town and the S2 is once again inactive. This must be an intermitten issue because yesterday I took her out to the beach and all the S2 features functioned every time I flipped the switch, didn't have one problem, I mean I had to of switched to Home lock 20 times or more(excellent feature when working). Plugged in to assistant a minute ago and the ioc box was still checked, I did another calibration and hopefully tommorow everything will work again and stay working.. :|

Jstic said:
Mako79 said:
Jstic said:

I'm sure you are aware that the V2+ must be more than 10m from home point in order for HL to kick in.

I am very aware. What you are referring to is for flight. So when you are greater than 10 meters, you can do wonderful things like fly 360 around you/home point. It deactivates and goes into CL when you are less than 10 meters.

What I'm referring to is the ability to RESET home point by FLICKING the S2 switch from CL to HL x5 quickly to set new RTH altitude or a new POI that I want fly around. I could tell easily by the RADAR changing its distance to 0.0. This used to be easy when I was on 1.08 firmware.

Now its a hit and miss. Maybe I'm FLICKING too quickly.

We need more testers Jason. Still too many new flyers who are on old firmware or unaware of this or don't add RTH height into their pre-flight checks.

I have been having challenges resetting the home point during flight too, since upgrading to 3.06. Maybe they can add the reset HP to the smart phone App, like they did for the field compass calibration? That would make life easier and save wear and tear on the switch. It seems to be hit or miss for me. BTW, this is the only thing that I have not been able to get to work as advertised, except for Ground Station, which I haven't tried yet.

I haven't tried resetting home point with S2 in flight yet. I'll try it on next flight and get back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl