Replacing the camera

Reaction score
I recently crashed my Phantom 3 Professional. The camera and gimbal is not functional. Does anyone know where I can order another camera and gimbal assembly and put it in myself? The pins are all working fine, it's just the gimbal and camera that are destroyed.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
On a somewhat related note, when upgrading a P3A to P3P, do you just swap the cameras, plug in the same two ribbon cables and upgrade the aircraft with the P3P firmware?

when upgrading a P3A to P3P, do you just swap the cameras, plug in the same two ribbon cables and upgrade the aircraft with the P3P firmware?

Yes.

I crashed my p3p, broke the camera, and successfully installed a new Advanced camera. I was warned by the seller that DJI hasn't tested this setup to see if it would work. I got it working with no issues.

Good luck!

Reactions: bobmyers
I'm in the same situation as Jonathan - crashed, trashed camera, have a replacement one on the way.

Jonathan, were you able to successfully replace your camera?

Do you, or anyone else, have any DIY tips for this procedure - or any suggested links to How To document or videos?

Required tools list would be helpful - limited access to supplies where I am, but I am going to be in the US for a a couple of days & could buy there. Maybe I need a set of Jeweler's screwdrivers?

Thanks!

Buy a new one. The install is pretty much plug-n-play. You may have to update the firmware though.

Thanks; installed it last night & no real issues.

Not sure if those plastic pins & keepers holding the camera to the drone are supposed to be reusable. I cut the old ones off.

I don't think they're reusable. I ended up using zip ties. They work just as well.

Glad you're back up and flying!

So if you have to replace a gimbal/camera assembly on a 3-Standard, can you upgrade to the 3-Pro set-up as "plug and play"?

So if you have to replace a gimbal/camera assembly on a 3-Standard, can you upgrade to the 3-Pro set-up as "plug and play"?
No. The Pro and Advanced cameras will not work on the Standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl