REMOTE ID P4P V2

Clearly it is, and I am not your "pal."!

It is not misinformation, even though you don't like it. I have repeatedly cited the basis and source of the shared information, which is not my own. Multiple other sources have since confirmed it. Stay tuned. The FAA is about to make it official, according to multiple sources.

Note: The terminology of the announcement might be different than expected.
The September 16 compliance date might remain, but enforcement may be suspended until a later date, to give people time to comply. We should know by Friday, assuming the "relief" is announced at Commercial UAV Expo this week.
LMAO!
I see, now you switched gears by substituting compliance with enforcement.(which was never the topic.) Nice try.

I'll just wait for Herron to tell me what to do.. :D

Let’s keep the discussion civil please!

My personal opinion is if I were §107 and conducting a business I would have spent the money to ensure I was operational no matter what happens on 16 Sep 2023 in regard to RID.

Being §44809 though I will wait until the price point is more in the range that was anticipated of $40 to $50 and readily available.

Hopefully the compliance date will be postponed until those conditions are met.

My drones already transmit the required information over WiFi as redundant telemetry. It is just not in the prescribed form for RID. Unfortunately the manufacturer has no plans to write a new firmware that will allow compliance.

LMAO!
I see, now you switched gears by substituting compliance with enforcement.(which was never the topic.) Nice try.

I'll just wait for Herron to tell me what to do.. :D
Considering that you are one of mere 3% who has already received their module, maybe this will convince you. At the current rate of production, it will take well more than 6 months for the supply to catch up to the demand!

Greg Reverdiau of Pilot Institute has this to say, and he's no "schmuck!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Well, being a 107 pilot who does commercial work and has commercial liability insurance, I wouldn’t want to have to put in a claim while not being in complete compliance with every FAA rule and reg.

No I can’t get aftermarket add on RID modules as they are still back ordered. I have a mavic 3 cine which is compliant and have a mavic 3 Pro Cine coming next Monday as I can’t count on hypothetical extensions…. Realtors don’t wait!!!!

Considering that you are one of mere 3% who has already received their module, maybe this will convince you. At the current rate of production, it will take well more than 6 months for the supply to catch up to the demand!

Greg Reverdiau of Pilot Institute has this to say, and he's no "schmuck!"

At the current rate of production, it will take well more than 6 months for the supply to catch up to the demand!

I have no sympathy for procrastinators. The FAA warned us almost 5 years ago.

Well, being a 107 pilot who does commercial work and has commercial liability insurance, I wouldn’t want to have to put in a claim while not being in complete compliance with every FAA rule and reg.

No I can’t get aftermarket add on RID modules as they are still back ordered. I have a mavic 3 cine which is compliant and have a mavic 3 Pro Cine coming next Monday as I can’t count on hypothetical extensions…. Realtors don’t wait!!!!
Glad to hear you get enough business to support the expenditures needed to comply.

I have no sympathy for procrastinators. The FAA warned us almost 5 years ago.
For a hobbyist, or a regular AMA RC enthusiast that has to rely on using a RID broadcast module to comply the choices have been extremely limited and way overpriced. Most of those coming from Europe include LTE which is not authorized for use in the US and increased the cost. The biggest share have been pre-orders with no guarantee of when you could expect delivery.

Since I don’t run a business with my drones I was not about to make a money grabbing European company rich from desperation to comply with a rule for flight. If needed my birds will be grounded until I can comply with a more affordable solution or the compliance date gets pushed back.

Glad to hear you get enough business to support the expenditures needed to comply.

For a hobbyist, or a regular AMA RC enthusiast that has to rely on using a RID broadcast module to comply the choices have been extremely limited and way overpriced. Most of those coming from Europe include LTE which is not authorized for use in the US and increased the cost. The biggest share have been pre-orders with no guarantee of when you could expect delivery.

Since I don’t run a business with my drones I was not about to make a money grabbing European company rich from desperation to comply with a rule for flight. If needed my birds will be grounded until I can comply with a more affordable solution or the compliance date gets pushed back.
Sourcing from foreign countries is the American way… unfortunately. I will have to buy a module for my back up drones… but am going to wait until an American company builds one lol (won’t hold my breath). America needs to start building stuff again, drones etc. If China can reverse engineer our military jets, some American should be able to build a drone… could probably get grant money from US government in the interest of national security. Sorry didn’t mean to go off on tangent..,,

America; we all have choices.

America; we all have choices.
Yes, and now we all also have more time, despite your lack of sympathy for the so called "procrastinators!" You'll now have plenty of legal competition for your "profits," after September 16th!

It's officially unofficial from the FAA in Las Vegas on Tuesday, as promised!
"It's a supply issue."
"Relief is coming."
Watch the FAA clip in the video!

Last edited:
Greg also corroborated the FAA announcement of the certainty of relief in Las Vegas on Tuesday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart