REMOTE ID P4P V2

Well in my case this was a hypothetical question. I upgraded to the M3M D-RTK 2 Mobile station and Emlid RS2+ Base & Rover kit. I will hang on to my P4 Pro V2 but I needed to upgrade my mapping system equipment to provide survey-grade data.

Somebody that doesn't have anything better to do but follow it back to the owner. Police that cannot read the RID module that is supposed to be on it. That would be my luck.

Somebody that doesn't have anything better to do but follow it back to the owner.
I would wonder how many law enforcement folks are standing around waiting for a call to come in regarding a reported drone violation and jump at the chance to chase it down. Probably not a large crowd.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Right now... none. After September... who knows. By these comments, seems most people don't care about this RID and are going to fly without it.

Those of us who fly for work and contract with government agencies don't have a choice. We have to comply w/ FAA regs or we run the risk of being out of contract compliance and losing our job(s).

Reactions: Kristina Fowler
Totally agree. I just have bad luck when it comes to stuff like that. I'll be the one questioned.

I'm in the exact same boat (P4P). This is just so stupid!!
Nothing required for anyone until September 16th, 2023. Plenty of time left to sort it all out. No need to panic. At least the location of your RC won't also be broadcast by an add-on module, unlike the FW RID versions.

Nothing required for anyone until September 16th, 2023. Plenty of time left to sort it all out. No need to panic. At least the location of your RC won't also be broadcast by an add-on module, unlike the FW RID versions.
Which will make you non-compliant unless you fly at a FRIA. Not really a panic at the present time, but with nothing being advertised as of yet except $300 options that do more than is required it will be a mad dash the closer September becomes.

Which will make you non-compliant unless you fly at a FRIA. Not really a panic at the present time, but with nothing being advertised as of yet except $300 options that do more than is required it will be a mad dash the closer September becomes.
Indeed, but only after September 16th, which is still over 5 months away. Obviously, the scalpers are preying upon the early birds who are currently panicking. With over 5 months to go, prices will plummet as we get closer in time, and the current scalpers will be met with significant competition at much lower prices. No profitable drone business should incur any expense until it is necessary, especially where delaying that expense by 5 months reduces the cost. There will be no shortage of cheaper devices during the "mad dash" in early September, as those wishing to create and sell the devices will be ramping up their supply and reducing their costs of manufacture during the next 5 months. Patience, Grasshopper.

Indeed, but only after September 16th, which is still over 5 months away. Obviously, the scalpers are preying upon the early birds who are currently panicking. With over 5 months to go, prices will plummet as we get closer in time, and the current scalpers will be met with significant competition at much lower prices. No profitable drone business should incur any expense until it is necessary, especially where delaying that expense by 5 months reduces the cost. There will be no shortage of cheaper devices during the "mad dash" in early September, as those wishing to create and sell the devices will be ramping up their supply and reducing their costs of manufacture during the next 5 months. Patience, Grasshopper.
Being a recreational pilot I’m not in a rush and if nothing appears in late August or early September it is really no skin off of my teeth to wait.

Where the issue will be more urgent is with those that use aircraft like the P4P that will not be FW upgradable and the mechanical shutter is a requirement for the inspection photos.

It is hard to believe that a RID module costs $300+, when they could be well under $100.

They claim a fix will come in December.

They claim a fix will come in December.
Yes i read this yesterday. December after remote id takes affect

For those who threw rocks at me for fretting about this months ago and why all the rush.... I just called a Remote ID provider and was told they are out of stock and to expect deliveries anywhere from 5 to 10 weeks... which in the real world means 10-15 weeks.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart