Registering

Reaction score
I have read many a thread regarding registering with the FAA but I haven't seen the answer to my question. I just bought a P4 yesterday and it was a used unit. How do I know if it was registered with DJI ( he says he didn't) and do I still need to do it and why?

Also, how long do I have before I actually need to register it (and I know I should do it ASAP). But how long can I actually wait?

I have read many a thread regarding registering with the FAA but I haven't seen the answer to my question. I just bought a P4 yesterday and it was a used unit. How do I know if it was registered with DJI ( he says he didn't) and do I still need to do it and why?

Also, how long do I have before I actually need to register it (and I know I should do it ASAP). But how long can I actually wait?
You will not be able to start up the motors on the Phantom unless it has been activated with DJI - no time limit on when but you can't fly until it's done.
If you are asking about FAA registration, you might be able to fly for years without any consequences - or you might not.
According to FAA rules, you have to be registered to fly .. they don't give any try before you register time.

Here's how the original owner activated your Phantom:

Since your aircraft has already been activated, all you'll need to do is install DJI GO, connect your Phantom, and change the name (optional) in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Change-Device-Name.jpg

You're not required to contact DJI to reassign the aircraft to your DJI account. If you'd like to do that though, then contact DJI support and they can take care of that for you.

I was gonna say, I haven't registered with DJI yet, not quite sure of the pros or cons for doing so but I flew it last night before it got dark.

If you flew it yesterday night, it's already registered with DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl