Really disappointed with the service

Reaction score
I'm kind of shocked.. After paying so much for my Vision 2, I'm shocked with the poor service.. I initially was going to buy another vision 2, but now I'm having 2nd thoughts, after reading some of the service follow ups. I purchased mine from the Calgary dealership.. After less than a month, I started having control problems.. I sent an e-mail to both the Calgary dealer, and DJI Calif. I finally ended up phoning the Calgary store, and he said to ship it back to them.. I shipped it back at a cost of over 130 bucks. He's had it for 3 weeks, so I finally e-mailed him, and told him I got a message from DJI, that said to ship it to them.. So I said if he can't fix it, to send it back, and I'd send it to Calif. .. I got a terse note back that said: "I'll send it back to you!!" ... Now I have to spend another 100+ bucks sending it to Calif. ..And after reading one post where they didn't fix the guys left turning tendencies, after a straight run, I'm not holding my breath.. I think it is terrible, that they are so quick to take your 1400 bucks, and ship the copter right out to you, but then if you have problems, it's like: talk to the hand.. Even DJI took a couple of weeks to get back to me.. So far I've flown my copter about a half dozen times.. Not impressed!!

Personally I'd return it to the dealer asking for a full refund as it's not fit for purpose. Then I'd take the money and go any buy one from a dealer with a better reputation. Nothing you buy should need "repair" after such a short time, although manufacturing or random electronics issues do occur, if they've been there since day one then you should be entitled to send it back and either get a refund or exchange for a completely new model that does work as advertised. Given your experience of poor support from the dealer then if you go down that route I'd choose another one... According to DJI website there are 3 approved dealers in Canada.

Hopefully you paid with a credit card and could initiate a dispute on the transaction.

Sounds like you bought from MRH. I bought my Vision from them after they confirmed by email that the the Vision controller had external usb. It arrived, and of course didn't have external usb. Fired of some emails looking for an explanation, and never got a direct answer to the question. Oh well, I still wanted my copter and wasn't going to spend more money to send it back, and couldn't get a better price anywhere else, so I decided to keep it and accept the fact that if I did have a problem, I was on my own. He came on here with his attitude, and that just confirmed my feelings about multirotorheli. The oil and gas boom here in Alberta has sucked the life out of the "service" industry.
Someone on here has done an exstensive research into the left hook problem and attributed it to software problems calculating magnetic declination. He has submitted his findings to DJI and should have a response in a few months!
Based on your username, are you in Saskatchewan?

When I finally got in touch with the dealer, he said he felt the gps electronics weren't working (based on what I had told him).. He said he has one unit that he keeps for spare parts.. Right away the warning bells went off.. You'd think an authorized dealer would be equipped to do proper repairs, not just scavange out of someone else's crashed remains.. I got a nice response from DJI in Hollywood, and wish I would have got the message a little earlier, before contacting the dealer, whom I purchased from.. I'm more concerned about getting a copter that works properly, as opposed to the costs.. But it's aggravating.. All this hassle.. The way I see it: If you're an authorized dealer, you should either have the parts to fix, or else you personally either replace or deal with DJI for repair assistance..

I ordered 2 complete DJI S1000 Packages Put these put together on the bench and both Zenmuse 5d3 Gimbals drift when yawing. I had never flown this unit but just tested on the bench. After doing some research many people are having drifting issues on the horizon. So I ask what we can do about this and they have to send these away for warranty?? Warranty? I said these are DOA out of the box 6500.00 worth of gimbals defective. We are going to work something out but in my case having properly working gear is essential. This is why I purchase 2 of everything. Now not only are the dealers to blame, we have to ultimately point the finger to the source which is DJI. I am sure the dealers are getting the shaft just like we are with this gear. So DJI needs to step up to the plate and take care of the dealers so they can take care of us properly.

Water under the bridge, but when you get your refund through Paypal (good thing you used Paypal), I highly suggest you use B&H Photo for any high-end gear, even if you have to wait for it to arrive in stock. If it's broken, they'll take care of you either with a replacement or a full refund at your discretion, and zero BS.

varmint said:
Water under the bridge, but when you get your refund through Paypal (good thing you used Paypal), I highly suggest you use B&H Photo for any high-end gear, even if you have to wait for it to arrive in stock. If it's broken, they'll take care of you either with a replacement or a full refund at your discretion, and zero BS.

+1 on B&H

OI Photography said:
epicjib said:
Nabil at MRH.ca

I don't find that dealer on DJI's official list, which is probably the source of the issue. Use a top-tier dealer and you would be able to just exchange your faulty items.

Excellent advice... Before I purchased my P2V, I did a lot of research on DJI and the Phantom platform in general. The one thing I didn't, and should have, researched, was "best vendor to purchase from." I bought mine from some photography store in NYC. (I'm NOT going to name names...) because I'd used them in the past for minor photography stuff... :(

They have proven to be the very next best thing to useless regarding support and advice. The very nice silver lining to that is... it led me to Phantom Pilots. So... It was a pretty effective mistake. (kind of like topping a PW and having it land a foot from the pin..) :D

-slinger

They are an approved dealer for DJI. DJI have approved dealers for certain products, so they may be approved to sell the Phantom but not other products like the A2 flight controller. Most time they still carry all the products.

OI Photography said:
epicjib said:
Nabil at MRH.ca

I don't find that dealer on DJI's official list, which is probably the source of the issue. Use a top-tier dealer and you would be able to just exchange your faulty items.

gunslinger said:
OI Photography said:
epicjib said:
Nabil at MRH.ca

Excellent advice... Before I purchased my P2V, I did a lot of research on DJI and the Phantom platform in general. The one thing I didn't, and should have, researched, was "best vendor to purchase from." I bought mine from some photography store in NYC. (I'm NOT going to name names...) because I'd used them in the past for minor photography stuff... :(

They have proven to be the very next best thing to useless regarding support and advice. The very nice silver lining to that is... it led me to Phantom Pilots. So... It was a pretty effective mistake. (kind of like topping a PW and having it land a foot from the pin..) :D

-slinger

+1 on best vendor search lacking on my part. Saw in Stock and ready to ship paid for next day delivery. Got it a week later with lame reply about needing processing time to get it out. This guy I suspect doesnt have stock on the shelf waiting to go out, but orders from DJI as customers order and pay for them. Never will use MRH again now that I found the photography place in Burlington that is fast friendly and prices are good also.

edit sorry it was four days not a week that I paid an extra 75$ for next day delivery. MRH sent email to complain about my post and wanted to be fair to him. So he is reading the complaints then looking to nit pick instead of trying to solve why his customers want nothing to do with him.

varmint said:

I bought my first Phantom 2V from B&H but I understand they don't do service in-house, which can be a concern. B&H is always excellent with customer service, however. For what it's worth, I had a good experience with service repairs at Atlanta Hobby. I also had good support experience with UAV-Outlet in Jacksonville. I had issues with a charger and battery and DJI came through with replacements in a reasonable time. It's all good for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl