rc controller question

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 pro that came with the GL 300 C controller. My max range is about 400-600 yards way shy of what DJI advertises. If I switch to a GL A or GL B controller will I increase the Phantom 3 range? ( I have been flying mostly around a small town and not around big buildings or power lines. ) Should I be getting more distance before loosing video signal and the RTH activating?

You should get more range since the GL300A/B is more powerful than the GL300C (as shown here). I'm not sure exactly how much more range you'll get though. It might be more beneficial cost-wise to upgrade the remote controller antennas.

Which antenna would you recommend that would help and not be outrageous in price?

You can find a list of commonly used antennas/boosters here. Maybe start with something simple like a wind surfer to see if that gives you the range you need.

[QUOTE="lou1947, post: 1073818, member: 81742"My max range is about 400-600 yards way shy of what DJI advertises.
Should I be getting more distance before loosing video signal and the RTH activating?[/QUOTE]
That's very low range even with that controller.
If you are in a good low interference area and have the antennas orientated properly you should be able to go much further.
Have you tried flying somewhere else?

Here's how your remote controller antennas should be pointed:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT