Range issues

If you are planning to get the DBS Mod ITELITE, I strongly recommend it. The install will be tricky so be careful and don't rush anything, but it will be well worth it. Just installed mine last week and I have got the drone out to 3 miles! Would've gone further but I didn't want to get caught in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Markhull
You can check the log file for ETSI to see if you are on "europe" limited power. Any ftp client should work.

Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Just connect and look in /var/log folder
Don't mess around if you don't know what you're doing. It might damage your craft.
If you are planning to get the DBS Mod ITELITE, I strongly recommend it. The install will be tricky so be careful and don't rush anything, but it will be well worth it. Just installed mine last week and I have got the drone out to 3 miles! Would've gone further but I didn't want to get caught in the wind.

Is there anywhere to buy these mods in the UK so I don't get hit with Customs and VAT charges?

Is there anywhere to buy these mods in the UK so I don't get hit with Customs and VAT charges?
Not sure how shipping works in the UK, but as far as I know, the company DBS is based in the United States. If that's the only setback, I would say just go for it.

Took the bird up again tonight and got 1800ft away. Just using a skysurfer at the moment and I'm well happy with that. DBS is going to happen though as this is addictive!

Again, just a caution to all of you that are looking to install the DBS Mod. If you bend the circular connector, you are probably done. I bent mine but was lucky enough to be able to bend it back. It took about 20 minutes with a pair of tweezers. Make sure you have a lot of free time and TAKE YOUR TIME. You do not want to have to purchase a new RC. I'll make you a list of tools you will need:
-Hot glue gun
-Philips head screw driver
-Tweezers (optional but helpful)
-Xacto knife
-Drill
-1/4 drill bit
-patience

i flew mine last night. got 50m away and lost all signal and it returned to home. landed it safely and tried again. this time going in the opposite direction. once i had cleared the height of the trees behinf me i was shocked to see about 100m away were a pair of telephone masts. probably explained my signal problem. landed the bird and pack up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West