P3S Range without Connection Errors?

Reaction score
Hey team what kind of range are you getting on your PS3's? I was only getting about 300-400 feet before "Weak Controller Signal" and oftentimes "Aircraft Disconnected" no more than a couple hundred feet up... HOWEVER, I uninstalled the DJI GO app and reinstalled and now I'm getting about 1000ft of range without any errors which is awesome! Just curious as to the range you all are getting!

Finally got some good pics from far away on www.facebook.com/JTCfilms :) check it out and comment!!!
8c5a2a28aa6bb378401bccb0a69748a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey team what kind of range are you getting on your PS3's? I was only getting about 300-400 feet before "Weak Controller Signal" and oftentimes "Aircraft Disconnected" no more than a couple hundred feet up... HOWEVER, I uninstalled the DJI GO app and reinstalled and now I'm getting about 1000ft of range without any errors which is awesome! Just curious as to the range you all are getting!

Finally got some good pics from far away on www.facebook.com/JTCfilms :) check it out and comment!!!
8c5a2a28aa6bb378401bccb0a69748a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Very Nice. Um...did you see the post just before yours? I live in South FloriDuh too, right on the coast, with our birdie's favorite...Salt Water.... in abundant supply. That stuff tries to eat the stainless on the boat and is instant death to anything with electrics. Just be careful. I would love to get out over the water, and the range is usually better too, but if anything hiccups, bye bye. I am waiting till I am beginning to tire of mine. :)

I need to check it out! And yessss no kidding! The salt water is toughhhh... is there anything you do specifically to clean it after flying around the ocean?

Shared by the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Go like and say hi :)

Very Nice. Um...did you see the post just before yours? I live in South FloriDuh too, right on the coast, with our birdie's favorite...Salt Water.... in abundant supply. That stuff tries to eat the stainless on the boat and is instant death to anything with electrics. Just be careful. I would love to get out over the water, and the range is usually better too, but if anything hiccups, bye bye. I am waiting till I am beginning to tire of mine. :)

Also, just checked out the post before mine and he didn't mention Range... just RC errors/beeps etc and getting lost at sea haha

I'm from rural pennsylvanian, I flew my p3s across a lake 2400 ft @ an altitude of around 300ft. No problems.

I'm from rural pennsylvanian, I flew my p3s across a lake 2400 ft @ an altitude of around 300ft. No problems.

Wowwww that's awesome Microraptor!!! I need to give that a shot in my Drone livestream Sunday this weekend.. can't believe I was only at half that today!!! Thanks for sharing man! Really appreciate it

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Go say HI :)

I need to check it out! And yessss no kidding! The salt water is toughhhh... is there anything you do specifically to clean it after flying around the ocean?

I keep mine away from the salt. I don't even fly when it has been really foggy lately. And the poor sap I mentioned before you, all kinds of beeps and disconnects, so he heads out to sea. Dumb, but I still feel bad for him. If the boat is making funny noises, I DON'T head for Cuba.

I keep mine away from the salt. I don't even fly when it has been really foggy lately. And the poor sap I mentioned before you, all kinds of beeps and disconnects, so he heads out to sea. Dumb, but I still feel bad for him. If the boat is making funny noises, I DON'T head for Cuba.

Haha I've only been flying mine around the ocean - logged about 8-9 hours so far and no salt issues thus far :) even hit a few palm trees!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Go say HI :)

Reactions: Benm1020
In a good clear area 500 meters (1600 feet) or so then the video starts to break up.
I usually loose the data link before the controller , that's on a stock standard - standard :p

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ahhhh my video/phone video display gets choppy still at 500ish feet etc ughhh but at least not getting aircraft disconnected since uninstalling and reinstalling the app :) I need to get some antenna boosters and rig it up!!!! Ayeeee long range!!!!

I bought a argtek range extender for my p3s off of Amazon. I haven't hooked it up yet, I'm having second thoughts. Like I posted earlier, I'm already getting roughly a distance of 2400 ft. I think I'm just gonna keep it stock.

Reactions: JTC Films
I bought a argtek range extender for my p3s off of Amazon. I haven't hooked it up yet, I'm having second thoughts. Like I posted earlier, I'm already getting roughly a distance of 2400 ft. I think I'm just gonna keep it stock.

Yeah that's awesome... shoot if you have the extender you might at well try it! I'm gonna get up in the air tomorrow and really try to stretch it out 1500+ feet.

When you're getting this awesome range are you out in an open field or what? I'm on a canal with just tons of houses and water around, that's all. No tall buildings or anything :)

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Yes, it is pretty much in open view, I usually sit on a picnic table along side of the beech and fly across the lake. Make sure your RTH is set correctly.

Yes, it is pretty much in open view, I usually sit on a picnic table along side of the beech and fly across the lake. Make sure your RTH is set correctly.

By correct RTH, do you just mean set where I'm at vs current location of drone?

And then for correct antenna positioning - not pointing at it but instead so the flat sides are facing the drone?

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Yes whole antenna facing phantom. Just make sure your RTH is set high enough so on your distance test the phantom won't hit no trees or building's on it's way home if you lose signal.

Reactions: JTC Films

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4