Range increase with Magic Power ?

Hi Matt175,

I have a Q's.

As I live outside the US (Australia), how does the M.P. patch retain the settings if the gps dictates those settings every time you turn the quad on ?

It overwrites the setting in the factory firmware, which is stored in the motherboard's memory.

It overwrites the setting in the factory firmware, which is stored in the motherboard's memory.
Ok, thanks.

I was thinking the way DJI go about things the GPS location would be able to over-write/re-set that too ?

Ok, thanks.

I was thinking the way DJI go about things the GPS location would be able to over-write/re-set that too ?

It goes by the GPS inside the bird. The GPS on your Go app is just for the little map you see in the corner.

Now.... if there is a firmware update, you have to re-do MagicPower, as the new firmware will erase it.

Reactions: Paul60
It goes by the GPS inside the bird. The GPS on your Go app is just for the little map you see in the corner.

Now.... if there is a firmware update, you have to re-do MagicPower, as the new firmware will erase it.

Thanks Matt.

Question regarding this you said if it's a US phantom it's already set to 27db. I have a US one using in the U.K does this mean it's set to 27 so no need to do it or is the db set by location.

Question regarding this you said if it's a US phantom it's already set to 27db. I have a US one using in the U.K does this mean it's set to 27 so no need to do it or is the db set by location.

There is no US Phantom and non US Phantom. You turn everything on and once it sees where it's at in the world (GPS), it adjusts itself accordingly.

There is no US Phantom and non US Phantom. You turn everything on and once it sees where it's at in the world (GPS), it adjusts itself accordingly.

So this mod overwrites it. Won't the check when you turn it on just overwrite the mod.

Out of interest do you know the default power setting for the U.K. I'm assuming a firmware reflaah resets it. Sorry I'm new to this.

Thanks for your help. Trying to decide if it's worth doing.

No. It won't be overwriiten. Only if there is a firmware update.

Worth doing? Ummm. It's free and it takes all of 2 minutes. LOL. You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

No. It won't be overwriiten. Only if there is a firmware update.

Worth doing? Ummm. It's free and it takes all of 2 minutes. LOL. You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

Thanks guessing version 5 is still the latest. Theirs no risk of it effecting anything else nothing to be careful of no warranty implocations. Thanks for the help.

If it doesn't work, I'll give you double your money back.
Thanks guessing version 5 is still the latest. Theirs no risk of it effecting anything else nothing to be careful of no warranty implocations. Thanks for the help.

v5.3 is the latest.

Hi Matt175,

I have a Q's.

As I live outside the US (Australia), how does the M.P. patch retain the settings if the gps dictates those settings every time you turn the quad on ?
Paul, it runs as a shell script on the RC & AC. Basically it monitors the output of iwinfo and if the system resets the output power to anything other than what you have requested it will swap it back. Doesn't matter how many times the system swaps it. Once it detects the change it will swap it back.( I have only registered two times in the first 5 minutes of flying)

I posted a reply to someone else asking how it makes changes in the US when they already have 27db. It doesn't increase their output. It is good if you want to use a linear amp and have to go below 20db for its input. (Lower their output)

The change you see with the video quality is due to the change it makes to ack packet timeouts at long range.
Which Magic Power App to use???

PapaTita has done a great job with Magic Power to allow those who do not know their way around Linux to enjoy the Mod without the worry of a ending up with a "Brick"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart