Range increase with Magic Power ?

Reaction score
Typically, what kind of range increase are people getting with the Magic Power patch/mod ?

Would it be as good as the argtek antenna mod ?

Getting double the range, touching triple in the right condition's..

The best free mod you can do.. (apart from a donation if u like)

Do that first then if you want more range then get your wallet out and upgrade the antennas and stick an amp on.

Hope that helps

Getting double the range, touching triple in the right condition's..

The best free mod you can do.. (apart from a donation if u like)

Do that first then if you want more range then get your wallet out and upgrade the antennas and stick an amp on.

Hope that helps

Thanks Drone King,

I have managed to get Magic Power to connect, and completed the patch.

Look forward to giving it a run.

Sounds good.

Reactions: Drone_King
Typically, what kind of range increase are people getting with the Magic Power patch/mod ?

Would it be as good as the argtek antenna mod ?

Just to clarify, the Magic Power mod only affects the video signal range. This is a particular problem on the P3 Standard as it uses WiFi technology for the video feed.

Magic Power does nothing to improve the controllable range, you'll need Argtek/Aplha/DBS/etc for this.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Just to clarify, the Magic Power mod only affects the video signal range. This is a particular problem on the P3 Standard as it uses WiFi technology for the video feed.

Magic Power does nothing to improve the controllable range, you'll need Argtek/Aplha/DBS/etc for this.

just to clarify the clarify...

It does up the controller power if your in a CE area, in fact you can up it more than the FCC standard by a few Db..

P3S Magic + Windsurfer 7047 ft

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-13-21-15-22.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-13-21-15-22.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 518
Reactions: Numone and Neon Euc
How can you confirm magic power mod was successful?

Have it on iMac ready to go just haven't installed it yet?

How can you confirm magic power mod was successful?

Have it on iMac ready to go just haven't installed it yet?
It will pop-up with either successful or failed.

You can double check changes have been made by doing a telnet command to the bird.

Have a search for the HUGE thread that PapaTita made for the mod, you'll find everything you need (you might have to go through 20 pages of people asking the same question because they fail to read previous pages ha) :)

Reactions: Dazzauk
Here, somewhere on the discussion thread from Papatipa. For information on how to do.

Another thread with misinformation......

Magic power DOES NOT up the power if you live in the USA. It is already set at 27dbm from the factory. It's in the manual and in the FCC documents. PapaTita himself will even tell you this.

And yet somehow almost anyone that's tried the mod even inside FCC areas see an increase in video range.so the question is what else does the mod change if the power output is already at 27dbm?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

And yet somehow almost anyone that's tried the mod even inside FCC areas see an increase in video range.so the question is what else does the mod change if the power output is already at 27dbm?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I still have never seen back to back proof of this. Once I see it, I'll shut up about it. The only way to get back to back proof would be to take 2 batteries and a laptop out to the field with you. I'm guessing most of these "improvements" were because a guy flew on Tuesday..... did MagicPower mod on Thursday.... Went Flying again on Sunday, maybe even at a different location and then got more distance. The reason I don't consider that a valid test is that sometimes I'll go out in front of my house and get 2200 feet. The next day (like last night) I went 4800 and could have kept going, but my battery said 47%, so I hit RTH.

Another thread with misinformation......

Magic power DOES NOT up the power if you live in the USA. It is already set at 27dbm from the factory. It's in the manual and in the FCC documents. PapaTita himself will even tell you this.

I live in the USA, but I bought my P3S refurbished on Ebay. Is there an easy way to determine whether it's already set to 27dbm or not?

Might be a stupid question. Is there anyway to brick amy device with the MP mod?Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think so. Unless you did something silly like shut the remote off half way through the flashing process. That'd be kind of hard though. It flashes it in like 2 seconds.

Hi Matt175,

I have a Q's.

As I live outside the US (Australia), how does the M.P. patch retain the settings if the gps dictates those settings every time you turn the quad on ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen