RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

OI Photography said:
extrememc said:
I have the Fatshark P2. I want to add the osd mini when it becomes available. I know I need the dji down link for the mini to work. My question is what monitor will work with both my Fatshark and Dji down link? Is there a way to use the osd mini with Fatshark P2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The iOSD mini will work with the fatshark setup with nothing more than the correct wiring: http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

I'm not sure if you're asking about DJI's own FPV setup or their groundstation when you say "dji down link" but neither are necessary for what you're trying to do.

Will that cable work if I have mod my cables from my fatshark to plug in using the color ribbon cable that plugs in to the P2 circuit board?

I am referring to the RXTX that dii offer that has the plug and play fpv hub.

Thanks for the link I think you saved me $200.00

extrememc said:
OI Photography said:
extrememc said:
I have the Fatshark P2. I want to add the osd mini when it becomes available. I know I need the dji down link for the mini to work. My question is what monitor will work with both my Fatshark and Dji down link? Is there a way to use the osd mini with Fatshark P2?

The iOSD mini will work with the fatshark setup with nothing more than the correct wiring: http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

I'm not sure if you're asking about DJI's own FPV setup or their groundstation when you say "dji down link" but neither are necessary for what you're trying to do.

Will that cable work if I have mod my cables from my fatshark to plug in using the color ribbon cable that plugs in to the P2 circuit board?

I am referring to the RXTX that dii offer that has the plug and play fpv hub.

Thanks for the link I think you saved me $200.00

No problem! I didn't know about it till someone here shared it a while ago.

You shouldn't need to tap in to that ribbon cable from the P2 at all, the one I linked above provides power and video feed to the fatshark transmitter, so it bypasses your need for the one DJI provides. This assumes you're using a Zenmuse gimbal, correct?

Yes I have the gimbal. To get my FS P2 to work I had to solider the power/vid cable to ribbon cable. This allowed the gimbal cable to feed video to my current setup.

extrememc said:
Yes I have the gimbal. To get my FS P2 to work I had to solider the power/vid cable to ribbon cable. This allowed the gimbal cable to feed video to my current setup.

Right, this cable is for those who would rather not go through that :) If you want, you can still use the power feed you created, just don't connect the power plug on that cable I showed you to the transmitter.

That cable is base in the UK. Is there a US base store that has this cable?

extrememc said:
That cable is base in the UK. Is there a US base store that has this cable?

That's the only place I've seen that carries it, I believe they make it themselves or have it made specifically for them.

You can achieve the same thing as that cable using the one that comes out of the Phantom and the one that comes with the iOSD if you don't mind the soldering. The important part is just that the iOSD is inserted in the video feed line somewhere between the Phantom and the transmitter. You can use the pics of that firstpersonview.com cable as a guide to get the rough idea at least.

leekawey said:
I have set a record of 5050m!

Wow! :eek: Amazing! Have you posted a video of this for us to see. Any chance we can see photos of your setup as well?

goldfishrock said:
leekawey said:
I have set a record of 5050m!
Wow! :eek: Amazing! Have you posted a video of this for us to see. Any chance we can see photos of your setup as well?
+1 for that, incredible range! Stock controller?

There was a video somewhere, where a guy with a Phantom 2 got, I think something like 2 or 3 miles. How he did it was record the "home point", then drove across town. He then launched the Phantom 2 before it recorded a new home point, hit Fail Safe, and just let it fly "home". Of course he had no control, and I don't even know if he had FPV-but, there is another way to achieve great distances with the Phantoms ;)

havasuphoto said:
There was a video somewhere, where a guy with a Phantom 2 got, I think something like 2 or 3 miles. How he did it was record the "home point", then drove across town. He then launched the Phantom 2 before it recorded a new home point, hit Fail Safe, and just let it fly "home". Of course he had no control, and I don't even know if he had FPV-but, there is another way to achieve great distances with the Phantoms ;)

Or you could do it with clever video editing ........

2trickpony said:
havasuphoto said:

Or you could do it with clever video editing ........
Yep. OR, a very long Transmitter antenna wire dragging behind the Phantom......
Frankly, I don't see the point in going much past 1000 meters. I think you're just asking for trouble. IF you enter "fail safe", you better make sure, before you take off, that home point was correctly logged, and, that you are at a high enough altitude to clear all obstacles on the way back-and to not have to fly over any water on the return leg.
Chances are, if the 2nd level battery warning kicks in(auto-land), you will be over water, and lose the aircraft.

The biggest problem I have found, particularly in recent weeks here in the UK, is the wind. I have flown out to say 1000m, turned around and when heading home hit a massive headwind which slowed the return back to 2-3m/s. The risk is if you go too far and then discover you've got a slow return on your hands, the battery level becomes critical and realistically you could find your P2 ditching long before it makes it home.

I always try to adopt the same ethos as in the aviation industry and have a minimum fuel (battery) level I land with... 30%, that way I know I have a couple of minutes reserve should I need them.

goldfishrock said:
I always try to adopt the same ethos as in the aviation industry and have a minimum fuel (battery) level I land with... 30%, that way I know I have a couple of minutes reserve should I need them.

In the spirit of adopting aviation best practice, you should also check surface winds and winds aloft. The lowest altitude (in MSL) will be way above your target altitude but comparing that with the surface winds can give you an idea of what's going on in between.

I agree that wind is a big problem in the UK, especially up here in Scotland.
Before I take off I always check the direction of wind and cloud movement and then fly into the wind so that the return leg generally takes less power and is faster. hence why I have achieved over 60mph on a return leg. ;)

goldfishrock said:
The biggest problem I have found, particularly in recent weeks here in the UK, is the wind. I have flown out to say 1000m, turned around and when heading home hit a massive headwind which slowed the return back to 2-3m/s. The risk is if you go too far and then discover you've got a slow return on your hands, the battery level becomes critical and realistically you could find your P2 ditching long before it makes it home.

I think having a power reserve is very wise. I have experienced three occasions now when its been unsafe to land because of an uncontrolled dog trying to eat either my Raptor helicopter or my quad. I too always keep a healthy reserve so that I can just hover until the dog has been secured. If the dog has been allowed to run free it can be a couple of minutes before its brought under control by its owner.

One question...are all posts in this thread still true to the title...basicly...ImmersionRC 600mw and a Black Pearl? it seems quite few posts have gone by without mentioning the kit. Just wondering.

TXhillcountryphantom said:
5.8 power output per ImmersionRC Power Meter:

ImmersionRC 600mW AVERAGE output 120mW. I also have one I pulsed somehow that outputs .01mW
FatShark 250mW AVG output is 422mW. THIS should answer all of your discussion of the Fatshark 250 seeming to be better than the ImmersionRC. IT IS MORE POWEFULL!

Someone else also made measurements with immersionRC RF meter of Boscams vs IRC 600, which performed pretty well - as confirmed by those who got good results with non-BP RXs http://i.imgur.com/JAZiz9L.jpg

IrishSights said:
One question...are all posts in this thread still true to the title...basicly...ImmersionRC 600mw and a Black Pearl? it seems quite few posts have gone by without mentioning the kit. Just wondering.

Generally, yes. Many of us are doing tests with different antennas, receivers and TX to see where the problem lies, if any, with the IRC600 and BP.

If added to the combo in question, how do you power the IRC Uno receiver in the field? Like the idea of the clean install of the BP monitor alone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT