RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

So, just to make sure I got the picture.

I could attach a lipo battery like between the controller and the monitor, plug it in to the IRC uno, since the Black Pearl has its own battery, plug the monitor in to the uno as well, tell the monitor to use the uno instead of its built-in receiver, and then I would need a new antenna (or two?) for the uno, which I could, perhaps, simply attach to the back of the monitor?

So, probably about $125 total (est) to upgrade to the uno receiver (at least in this case)?

ghinson said:

I could attach a lipo battery like between the controller and the monitor, plug it in to the IRC uno, since the Black Pearl has its own battery, plug the monitor in to the uno as well, tell the monitor to use the uno instead of its built-in receiver, and then I would need a new antenna (or two?) for the uno, which I could, perhaps, simply attach to the back of the monitor?

So, probably about $125 total (est) to upgrade to the uno receiver (at least in this case)?
I believe there's a DC out on the BP. you should be able to power the uno through this instead of a lipo.

thongbong said:
ghinson said:

I believe there's a DC out on the BP. you should be able to power the uno through this instead of a lipo.

This is correct, there is a DC output on the BP.

ghinson said:

Your black pearl comes with dc to jst cable. Just cut that jst off and get 2.1mm dc jack solder back on. Now you can use your monitor dc out for your uno. Or simply get dc to dc cable if there is one. Your built in battery of monitor should able to power both for 2-3 flight. I don't think you need any fancy antenna if you not doing more than a mile.

Excellent. Thanks!

Makes me feel better that I am about to invest in the IRC 600mW/Black Pearl combo, knowing I can upgrade it like this later if needed.

Now I just have to find an IRC 600mW. Seem to be out of stock a lot of places!

leekawey said:
ghinson said:

Your black pearl comes with dc to jst cable. Just cut that jst off and get 2.1mm dc jack solder back on. Now you can use your monitor dc out for your uno. Or simply get dc to dc cable if there is one. Your built in battery of monitor should able to power both for 2-3 flight. I don't think you need any fancy antenna if you not doing more than a mile.

2.1mm DC to DC cable:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-power-lead ... 5add44239f

ghinson said:
Excellent. Thanks!

Makes me feel better that I am about to invest in the IRC 600mW/Black Pearl combo, knowing I can upgrade it like this later if needed.

Plenty IRC600 on Fleebay

ghinson said:

Why would you go to the expence of buying a BP alongside an Uno receiver as these receivers are ment to be far superior to the in built one ? would you not be better of getting another cheaper monitor which does not have a receiver built in ?

saltire said:
ghinson said:

Why would you go to the expence of buying a BP alongside an Uno receiver as these receivers are ment to be far superior to the in built one ? would you not be better of getting another cheaper monitor which does not have a receiver built in ?

I think its just to give him the option of upgrading later on. You know we all like upgrading these things ! :D

ghinson said:
Excellent. Thanks!

I'm actually setting up exactly how you have. I"m getting my BP today. The Uno for me gets great reception but you have to couple it with a monitor and lipo. For me, I'm attracted to the BP because of the form factor and compactness--everything built in means easier mobility. Both have its ups and downs, but I figure if I attach my Uno to the back of my BP, problem solved. Now to figure out where the RSSI feed is in the BP and get a triversity setup going between the BP and Uno5800. :D

saltire said:

Excellent question. For the price and the quality, it sounded to me like the Black Pearl was already a pretty good value.

Is there a monitor that has as good of resolution as the BP, is at least as bright, and is $60-70 cheaper than the BP (i.e., the price of the uno)?

A quick question on the black pearl before I buy... what connector type on the antennas do l need? Is it SMA, the same a the ImmersionRC 600mw?

IrishSights said:
A quick question on the black pearl before I buy... what connector type on the antennas do l need? Is it SMA, the same a the ImmersionRC 600mw?

Ask the seller, some are, some not.

ghinson said:
saltire said:

Excellent question. For the price and the quality, it sounded to me like the Black Pearl was already a pretty good value.

Is there a monitor that has as good of resolution as the BP, is at least as bright, and is $60-70 cheaper than the BP (i.e., the price of the uno)?

+1

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Black Pearl you will need RP-SMA antennas
For immersionRC you need SMA antenna

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Jimpic said:
For Black Pearl you will need RP-SMA antennas
For immersionRC you need SMA antenna

Not all black Pearl are rp-sma, mine is sma.
Safe way is asking the seller.

GhostMaster said:

Yes, you have to be careful. Firstpersonview.co.uk only sell SMA versions.

At least one mustn't trust what is written on the box. On mine there was "SMA" on the box, but RP-SMA in reality.
I got mine from rangevideo.com.

goldfishrock said:
GhostMaster said:

Yes, you have to be careful. Firstpersonview.co.uk only sell SMA versions.
Thank you everyone. DroneShack.co.uk, my local supplier here in Northern Ireland, tell me theirs is definitely SMA. Need to order my Horizon antennas now. I get my Phantom 2 tomorrow :D Let the fun begin!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West