Range extender

My point was, As in earlier post, I'm getting well over 2500ft W/stock. If you are close to that then no need to modify. If you need more distance than that, My opinion is to upgrade your phantom. Seems silly, but that's the hand we are given. By the the time you start to modify DJI is 5×s ahead of you...learn to upgrade, just like a fridge, microwave, air conditioning, or perhaps a "wife"...
NO ONE yet knows how a phantom will hold value. It's all new...skip modifying and hold what you got.
I couldn't disagree more.

First, spending $65 on an ARGTek is much more realistic for most people than spending hundreds of dollars on a new Phantom, especially if they're happy with their existing birds apart from the range.

And installing an ARGTek can be done with little effort in about 15 minutes by just about anyone. If you know how a screwdriver works you can install an ARGTek. And unlike the ITelite dbs mod it's entirely reversible.

Reactions: Vzr1
I love American honey,...we alway drink it chilled. Mmmm yea.
Ahhh, a little bit
I couldn't disagree more.

First, spending $65 on an ARGTek is much more realistic for most people than spending hundreds of dollars on a new Phantom, especially if they're happy with their existing birds apart from the range.

And installing an ARGTek can be done with little effort in about 15 minutes by just about anyone. If you know how a screwdriver works you can install an ARGTek. And unlike the ITelite dbs mod it's entirely reversible.
You can change them both to factory settings, you just have to have the correct long enough wires.

You can change them both to factory settings, you just have to have the correct long enough wires.
There are no "factory settings." We're talking about a hardware mod. And with the dbs you have to drill three holes in your controller. With the ARGTek you don't. You can remove the ARGTek and put the stock remote back on it without having altered the controller.

Reactions: Vzr1
Look man, my thoughts are if you are worried about distance after the fact, Give the bird a rest and upgrade when you can afford too... by the time you modify, and fly your maximum distance, your neighborhood Bratt *** kid will come out and laugh at you because your remote looks like a Christmas tree...let's find out what the market holds first.;)

There are no "factory settings." We're talking about a hardware mod. And with the dbs you have to drill ,three holes in your controller. With the ARGTek you don't. You can remove the ARGTek and put the stock remote back on it without having altered the controller.
You can do that with DBS, as I stated earlier you need to order the correct and long enough wires. ...no drilling involved.

You are correct micro you can get longer cables and just come out the antenna hole like TJ did with his itelite panel .:)

Reactions: microraptor
Ooooh lol it's not too heavy so maybe not too badly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

$96 Aus dollars for the extender, plus $39us shipping which is $53.50 Aus for shipping. Dreamin! Might just get one from bing lee in china eBay. $77 delivered. Same same

5cc55bbd83be68af29aa0f630d8e1732.png

So witch is better the ARGtek or the DBS

DBS is obviously better but the DBS requires you to drill into your remote (I wasn't keen on that) and the DBS wouldn't fit in my hard case. The ARGTek fits with minor shaving of the foam and it does what I wanted and more for 68 bucks

Look man, my thoughts are if you are worried about distance after the fact, Give the bird a rest and upgrade when you can afford too... by the time you modify, and fly your maximum distance, your neighborhood Bratt *** kid will come out and laugh at you because your remote looks like a Christmas tree...let's find out what the market holds first.;)

While the super range on the light bridge and Ocusync systems is amazing my bird was a gift. I'm not gonna upgrade it anytime soon because I'm fresh out of the nest. I can afford 68 bucks. I cannot afford the 4 or the mavic.

Reactions: microraptor
***! got disconnected out here ! Why would this happen? Still flew fine just got a sign up saying disconnected
083d0edd243327540335ca8fd7c02fa9.jpg

I just ordered this set up from Blue Proton sight & shipping was free here in the US . I also saved $ 2 from the Amazon price ya , no big deal , but $ 2 is $ 2 , lol. I'm more interested in the Video & control reception then range , I do get some more interference alerts after one of the last upgrades, maybe they changed what constitutes an issue with signal , so I will post back when I install it .

***! got disconnected out here ! Why would this happen? Still flew fine just got a sign up saying disconnected
083d0edd243327540335ca8fd7c02fa9.jpg

You bought the China one didn't you. Lots of knockoff ones. Gotta get it from BlueProton.

If you have a proton Make certain that you have the right antennas on there. Make sure you have a 5.8 in the middle and 2.4s on the sides

If you got an official proton you probably got one that was from the last batch which had lots of duds in it (it's the antenna not the connectors because people have tested the wires with multimeters) so contact BlueProton and tell them the ARGTek didn't work I hear they pretty much don't fight back at all

You bought the China one didn't you. Lots of knockoff ones. Gotta get it from BlueProton.

If you have a proton Make certain that you have the right antennas on there. Make sure you have a 5.8 in the middle and 2.4s on the sides

If you got an official proton you probably got one that was from the last batch which had lots of duds in it (it's the antenna not the connectors because people have tested the wires with multimeters) so contact BlueProton and tell them the ARGTek didn't work I hear they pretty much don't fight back at all

Keep calm lol....I said I was buying one from China 21 hours ago, doubt it would be here by now [emoji23]

I'm running my drone how it came from factory, so next guess ........why I got that message?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel