Range extender

Why is there 3 square panels.....Spare? What do you reckon?

ff61310d8e3bf398a6d76e663f00b476.png

Longer Omni antenna transmits in all directions, above, beside, and behind you. Panel is directional, has to be facing your phantom for better range. Longer one is better for flying missions. Panel is better to watch your bird fly for distance.

Longer Omni antenna transmits in all directions, above, beside, and behind you. Panel is directional, has to be facing your phantom for better range. Longer one is better for flying missions. Panel is better to watch your bird fly for distance.

You'd think it would make more
Sense to have 3 long ones if it transmits in all directions .i guess they know the stuff

You'd think it would make more
Sense to have 3 long ones if it transmits in all directions .i guess they know the stuff

You can use 3 Omni antennas (it comes with 3 panel antennas and 3 omni) you can use any combo of them but the flat panels work better for video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Vzr1
You can use 3 Omni antennas (it comes with 3 panel antennas and 3 omni) you can use any combo of them but the flat panels work better for video

Trying to find one with 3 Omni antennas on eBay. No luck ...... amazon won't ship to Australia. Well the zip code isn't showing an estimate anyway.

Shipping will probably kill it....let's see.request sent

Nah man, it's boxed in a strong cardboard retail box that says BlueProton on it and plastic wrapped. Then for shipping Mine was in a bubble wrap envelope on top of that (but that was from amazon)

Good day.
If you're happy with what you got, don't upgrade your control. ...especially if you have no idea....imo...not trying to be a $#!/...what's your max dist On the beach and what are you trying to achieve. ..Imo. to many jim beam cans- your fault!...and mine. Just be happy with what you got. .if not then upgrade. ..please don't take it upon yourself to modify your remote. ..phantoms are a dime a dozen. ..if you have money to upgrade a remote then you better have have money for a phantom 4 or better.
Sorry bro. ..Jim cans are kicking in..

Last edited:
Reactions: Vzr1
If you're happy with what you got, don't upgrade your control. ...especially if you have no idea....imo...not trying to be a $#!/...what's your max dist On the beach and what are you trying to achieve. ..Imo. to many jim beam cans- your fault!...and mine. Just be happy with what you got. .if not then upgrade. ..please don't take it upon yourself to modify your remote. ..phantoms are a dime a dozen. ..if you have money to upgrade a remote then you better have have money for a phantom 4 or better.

68 bucks to upgrade my remote from a half mile max to over a mile and maybe more range (that I've noticed I already have twice the range on my controls and my downlink) I was limited by cold conditions and wind so battery wouldn't have made a return trip from much longer range so I couldn't really push her out there but signals were all strong up to a mile so it could go much farther

I didn't try max distance as it went out of sight. Got scared [emoji23] so why bother extending if I'm not going to go further right.
1f4646f6bdf6db9245abc96c3c8602fd.jpg

Just starting here [emoji106]

Reactions: microraptor
I didn't try max distance as it went out of sight. Got scared [emoji23] so why bother extending if I'm not going to go further right.

it doesn't bother me I just use my downlink and I survey the area and fly high enough that I won't hit anything and I just go, then use my map to reorient myself home if I can't see on the downlink or I just RTH and wait to hear the familiar buzz that comes at about 1500 feet away and 400 feet up

68 bucks to upgrade my remote from a half mile max to over a mile and maybe more range (that I've noticed I already have twice the range on my controls and my downlink) I was limited by cold conditions and wind so battery wouldn't have made a return trip from much longer range so I couldn't really push her out there but signals were all strong up to a mile so it could go much farther

My point was, As in earlier post, I'm getting well over 2500ft W/stock. If you are close to that then no need to modify. If you need more distance than that, My opinion is to upgrade your phantom. Seems silly, but that's the hand we are given. By the the time you start to modify DJI is 5×s ahead of you...learn to upgrade, just like a fridge, microwave, air conditioning, or perhaps a "wife"...
NO ONE yet knows how a phantom will hold value. It's all new...skip modifying and hold what you got.

I love American honey,...we alway drink it chilled. Mmmm yea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palletliquidation