Raleigh, NC

Reaction score
Would love to get together and fly if you live in this area.
Have yet to see a Phantom Vision around here.

Just saw your post, I live in Raleigh and will be getting my PV today. Would love to get together

we definitely need too. I might be able to do something next weekend. PM me if you are interested.
Thanks

I'm just west of Durham (Efland). I'm active in the local film community.

I'm new to the Phantom but experienced with RC flight in general.

Looking forward to meeting other local flyers.

Chris

Sanford NC south of raleigh here.....looking to buy a phantom would love to see one in person fly

9197211239 call or text

I live in Durham County and would to meet with others to fly. I have a 3DR quadcopter and a Phantom 2 Vision.

Hey guys, I live in Raleigh and have just started to fly my phantom FC 40. My son and I would love to get together with other fliers!

Hey Everybody! I'm Seth (sethyoufree.tv or vimeo.com/sethyoufree) 29, Engineering Degree turned freelance videographer living in Durham (brier creek area). Also work part time as video producer at the summit church.

I just got my Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal for GoPro a couple days ago. Gonna use it for a wedding this weekend and also have a couple projects on the horizon. I'd love to hang or chat with people that have been doing this for longer than me (I'm realizing there's a lot to learn!) I bought it as an investment hoping I might find some ways to make money with it so if anybody has advice about that I'd love it!

Also, any of you had experience installing all the FPV/wireless monitoring stuff DIY? I'd love to chat cause I'm trying to figure out cost effective ways to get a great system and don't wont to buy a bunch of stuff I don't really need.

P.S. We should have a get together or something. Anybody interested in just like grabbin beers at fullsteam or something? ([email protected] if so)

Hey Seth, I'm up here near you (just north of Briar Creek, near Falls Lake)...

I just purchased my Phantom (should be here Friday!) and would love to meet up with some other Phantom owners to see how they do things...

Is anyone interested in a meet up this coming weekend (May 31st - June 1st)?? I'll be heading out of town for Annual Training with the National Guard the following weekend so this will be the last free weekend I have until July...

Anyone, feel free to shoot me a PM on here

Always looking to meet some local pilots!!

Hey everyone -

newbie to quads, newbie to RC, newbie to video production. Just like to fly my Phantom 2 Vision (not plus)

In Hillsborough, close to Chapel Hill/Durham. I've got a the Phantom 2 Vision and the Moverio BT-200 glasses. Been flying at Gold Park in Hillsborough but also some other places.

Made a couple of really low-end movies if you care to check them out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FAXhElseQ
(this one starts out very dark, phantom doesn't' do night photo well!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZiQYovYYR4

I think Seth and GreenMarine and I should get together sometime - sounds like we are within 20 minutes of each other!

Send me a message if you want to meet up sometime.

tcg

I'm in the Cary/Apex area.

Brand new P2V+ owner.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a big, flat area for some maximum range testing? I'm installing some new antennas this week and wanted to test the range (and I'd prefer NOT doing it over the trees) :)

Looks like an old post but I just ordered my new Phantom 2 Vision + last week and will have it pretty soon. I have lots of past experience with R/C on the ground (Electric and Nitro Cars and Trucks) but ZERO flight experience...well, minus the one time I flew a Cessna 172 during the first and only lesson I took--I LOVE flying but decided doing the real thing would in the end, just be a really, really expensive hobby for me. So R/C makes more sense and since I enjoy photography as well, here I am!

I would love to meet someone in the area with experience with these quadcopters because I have a feeling I might be too scared in the beginning to take more than 10-15 feet up, and be so afraid of tipping it on landing that I will eat up the entire battery in attempting to land!

Has anyone gotten together this thread? I just rec'd a P2V+ for Christmas, would love to get together with some local folks for a day of flying.

In Cary and recently bought a used vision + which I modified to use tarot2d gimbal + hero 4 silver.
I have been doing lots of tune up and not too much, most of my free time in the evening, yesterday I was excited to go to the park, but man, the wind gust was crazy, as high as 35mph.
I will be happy to meet and share knowledge with others in this area.
Message me if you are intrested.

New P2V+ owner, just east of Brier Creek..... Feel free to PM me if a get together is planned I saw Fullstream (never been there looks cool), Lone Rider, Ale house or wherever...

Hey all,

I just moved down here from NY. Nobody in my area with a Phantom, so it'd be cool to meet up with other likeminded people. I have a Phantom 2 with the following mods:

H3-2D
Fatshark Predator FPV/Spironet
Mini iOSD
Futaba T8J/R2008SB

Feel free to send a PM or maybe when this hellacious weather breaks, we can get some cool footage. I plan to take mine to VIR during a drifting event and score some good video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl