Raleigh, NC

Hi all,

Just got my Phantom 2 Vision up and running after the last couple weeks of crappy weather. I am looking to see if anyone else wants to get together and fly? I am still a bit of a novice. I have been flying at Anderson Point Park in SE Raleigh. Let me know if you want to get together.

Thanks!

there was a good write up on WRAL this weekend http://www.wral.com/drone-hobbyists-pra ... /14499833/

about the Dorothea Dix field... Has anybody flown there?

would this be a good place to meet? I've been told the RC planes fly in the front while the UAV's are typically routed to the back of the field

Hello wwhite -
I'm in Hillsborough NC but I can go to Anderson Point sometime. Sent you a PM. Maybe next weekend if the weather is good. I've got a Phantom 2 Vision and the Epson Moverio BT200 glasses.

tom (tcg)

wwhite.isu said:
Hi all,

Just got my Phantom 2 Vision up and running after the last couple weeks of crappy weather. I am looking to see if anyone else wants to get together and fly? I am still a bit of a novice. I have been flying at Anderson Point Park in SE Raleigh. Let me know if you want to get together.

Thanks!

does look like a nice place..... where/ when is the next one?

Re: How about Fred G Bond Metro park (Cary) on Sunday march

Hey Raleigh/Durham and others close by....

Looks like Sunday March 29 will be good weather (chilly, but sunny and low wind).
I'm going to try out Fred G Bond Metro Park in Cary. Never been there but it has a large open field next to a small lake.
https://www.townofcary.org/departments/ ... o_park.htm

It's 8.5 miles away from RDU so we will be safe, has 310 acres so we should have plenty of room.

My plan is to get there at noon and try to park in the Bond Park Community Center parking lot which is directly across the street from the open field and trails.

Looks like it is less than an hour from my place in Hillsborough. I'll check for posts on this board before I leave, if you post or PM me by 10:30 sunday morning I'll try to get back to you! Or, just show up with your stuff.

Remember - I've never been to this place so it's just an informal "shot in the dark"!

tcg

I've relatively recently moved down to Raleigh - I'm inside the beltway, near Cameron Village. I fly a P2 with FPV (Black Pearl). Haven't done much flying in Raleigh itself yet - just took it out briefly this afternoon in Pullen Park -
And last weekend in SC:

Would be interested in meeting up as well with anyone around, and learning of any good flying spots in the area that you've discovered!

Re: How about Fred G Bond Metro park (Cary) on Sunday march

Looks like Sunday March 29 will be good weather (chilly, but sunny and low wind).
I'm going to try out Fred G Bond Metro Park in Cary. Never been there but it has a large open field next to a small lake.
https://www.townofcary.org/departments/ ... o_park.htm

It's 8.5 miles away from RDU so we will be safe, has 310 acres so we should have plenty of room.

My plan is to get there at noon and try to park in the Bond Park Community Center parking lot which is directly across the street from the open field and trails.

Looks like it is less than an hour from my place in Hillsborough. I'll check for posts on this board before I leave, if you post or PM me by 10:30 sunday morning I'll try to get back to you! Or, just show up with your stuff.

Remember - I've never been to this place so it's just an informal "shot in the dark"!

tcg
tcg, did you wind up flying here? If so, how'd it work out?

talloak (and others)

I went to Fred G. Bond Metro park in Cary - it was really nice. It was a little chilly! There is a really big open area the borders the lake, woods and community center parking lot (they call it the spillway). Got some decent pictures, just haven't processed them yet!

Figured most folks would have Easter plans this weekend but how about we all try to meet up next Saturday (April 11) if weather permits!

Nice - love to see some of the photos from the when you get then processed! I'll be out of town on Saturday, but I'd love to get out there maybe Sunday or the next weekend.

Look like the weather is finally breaking.... Should be a good weekend and following week... Anybody going out?

Just got my P3P - heading down to Outer Banks this holiday weekend but let's keep this thread alive and get together sometime this summer!

Looks like Saturday June 6 might be decent weather for flying!
I'm going back out to Fred G Bond Metro Park in Cary.
Planning to to get there about 10am. Last time I set up at the end of one of the hills on the "spillway"
I still only have one battery for my P3P but I'll have my P2V and moverio glasses.

I'll post something here Saturday morning before 9 to verify! Hope to see some of you out there.

Tom (tcg)

Heading out to Fred Bond Metro Park this morning! (saturday June 6)

Had some good flights at Bond Metro Park (Cary) last Saturday. Great weather. parking lot was full but the actual park had plenty of open area. Had some good conversations with some curious folks. Since it was only my 2nd P3P flight I didn't fly over the lake but I took my P2V out for a longer flight and ventured over the water just a bit.

I like that park - I'll probably fly there again sometime.

Any other nice places to go in the Raleigh/RTP area?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20